Do you eat shrimp tails? (1 Viewer)

Hobbyphilic

Two Pair
Reaction score
We had a bit of a pre-Thanksgiving argument about shrimp tails. My whole life I've been eating shrimp and I don't eat the tail - deep fried, boiled, whatever. We had some butterfly shrimp yesterday and I was told that you are SUPPOSE to eat the tail.

Shrimp Tail.jpg

To me that sounds an awful lot like eating egg shells

By "tail" do you mean the meat inside the shell only or the whole thing, shell and all?

I do eat the meat from the tail. There is a trick that lets you pinch off the last bite without peeling the shell.

I would not eat the carapace from a shrimp - tail, head or in between. Shrimp are not soft shell crab and shouldn't be eaten like one.

DrStrange

PS it doesn't cost much to get your fresh shrimp cleaned dockside. That makes it so much easier / faster to prepare and eat the shrimp. Peel & eat works fine for boiled shrimp but that is it.

Don’t do this. One of my colleagues got diverticulitis from eating unpeeled shrimp and almost died. Don’t break yer pooper.

I would not eat the carapace from a shrimp - tail, head or in between. Shrimp are not soft shell crab and shouldn't be eaten like one.

DrStrange

I will have to say that a lot people find it daunting to eat the deep fried Amaebi head but it is quite delicious.

I don't eat the tails however, I remember some of my high school friends actually did (and still do). I recall attempting it upon seeing them doing it but I didn't like the texture, it's akin to biting into the center of an apple core and getting that weird hard shell part that holds the seeds in your mouth which you really cannot chew through or grind up. just say no... lol

I've heard of it, never really done it.

Found this article online:
https://www.marketplace.org/2017/09...imp-tails-handles-decorations-tasty-part-meal
Most often people eat shrimp tails when the shrimp is deep fried and the tail is crispy. "I do most of the time,” Mattel said when asked if he eats shrimp tails.”I don't usually do it with a boiled shrimp, but if it's dry heat cooked and the shrimp is crisp, I will eat the tail. It's calcium.Sep 4, 2017

So what time do I stop by for dinner you sweet, sweet man?
We eat all day. Soup's on at 10 am, seafood course around noon, and the big show around 3. Fresh apple pie and home-made ice cream whenever the belly space allows.

14 dishes in all, including the 12 lb turkey... and it's just 2 of us. Gluttony at it's best. :wideeyed: If anyone's looking for a place to celebrate, our door is always open on Thanksgiving. (y) :thumbsup:

I 've never eaten them and I would never give them to my children (not having any children is not the point:D)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom