Tourney Do I have enough chips to allow unlimited rebuys? (1 Viewer)

Freeroll

Two Pair
Reaction score
I am planning on hosting a 40 player tournament, whenever the government allows that many people in a house again.

I have enough chips (cheap sluggos) to cover the initial 40 starting stacks, plus enough big chips to eventually remove all small denominations from play, plus enough for 60 rebuys.

I am just wondering if you guys think that should be enough for me to allow unlimited rebuys, or would I have to limit it to one rebuy per player?

what is your breakdown in chips?
what will each colour represent (value)?
How much chip value is being given out in the initial buy in, rebuy, addon etc....

What is the buyin amount? I think that would be the biggest factor. In my past experience for paid unlimited rebuys you're looking at about 50% of players in rebuys (accounting for those active multi-rebuy players) - BUT I think it would be dependent on what the buy in and what your players are used to ($20 buyin/rebuy is much different to $100 buyin/rebuy for a lot of regular people).

Out of curiosity, which part of Canada are you in?

I plan on making the buy in $50. I have two different player pools to invite from. One of the group of players usually play a $1/$2 cash game, and the other group usually plays a $0.25/$0.50 cash game.

I am in Cape Breton, NS.

Yes!

You have enough for 60 re-entries, PLUS enough for all colorups. In a pinch, should you run out later in the tourney, you'd have a number of lower denom chips you could get into play to extend your numbers.

I'm hosting a 40 player tournament this weekend, cuz I'm not waiting for the government to tell me what I can and can't do on my private property

You should do but depends on how much your players like to spend money, if they will be chasing stacks early and not caring how many rebuys they do and how long the rebuy period is

I plan on making the buy in $50. I have two different player pools to invite from. One of the group of players usually play a $1/$2 cash game, and the other group usually plays a $0.25/$0.50 cash game.

I am in Cape Breton, NS.
I'm curious how you keep the player pools separate. My regular game is .25/.50, but I get a lot of requests for a 1/2. Problem is, every time I run the 1/2, half of my lower stakes players want in to a game they really can't afford.

Sorry for the derail.

I don’t keep them separate myself. I only host a $0.25/$0.50 game, and I also sometimes play in a $1/$2 game that is about 45 minutes away from me. I have asked players from one game to play in the other, but none have yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom