Dilemma (2 Viewers)

I like the idea of 6 auctions (3 each) 100 of each color.

700 White stripes
700 Grey stripes

as seen in images below

Attachments

• 20240209_143339.jpg
    20240209_143339.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 20240209_143212.jpg
    20240209_143212.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
I like the idea of 6 auctions (3 each) 1 of each color.
I don't think it would work because one would need to add other chips/denoms to make it playable...and that's not any easy task (spot wise)
All of these racks all great fillers for mixed sets and can serve for multiple denoms (from fracs to highroller).

It would be more logical to combine 2 different colors & spots per lot.

just my 2 cent

Selling them out is a good thing.

Maybe offer it like anyone else breaking a set, let people dibs what they want until everything is gone.

I agree, 300 matching chips is more desirable than 100 each of all colors.

An auction is certainly the most efficient way to make sure you are not leaving money on the table. And while these will be out of reach for me, I still very much like that idea, because so many of your other offerings as so affordable, that I think it’s nice for you to get the maximum on this!

700 White stripes
700 Grey stripes

as seen in images below

Perhaps the top bidder in the first auction could be given the option to buy additional sets at the first auction winning price.....then if not sold additional auctions put up.

700 White stripes
700 Grey stripes

as seen in images below
This seems like the perfect way to do it. No sense in everyone getting pieces and no one ending up with a playable set.

Also, auction will make sure you get market value of the chips, which should be substantial since they look awesome!!

My guess on the sale price is $3.50/chip, or roughly $2500 per set.

Buying roulettes from The Chip Room with the opportunity to resell them at a profit to a member needing more?

KingWithTheAxe

Could you break them up into tournament sets, efficiently rotating thru the colors to maximize sets, and then auction the extras?

Something like colors ABCDEF
Set 1
A-120
B-150
C-50
D-80
E-20

Set 2
F-120
B-150
C-50
A-80
E-20

Set 3
E-120
C-150
F-50
D-80
B-20

Etc…..

This seems like the perfect way to do it. No sense in everyone getting pieces and no one ending up with a playable set.

Also, auction will make sure you get market value of the chips, which should be substantial since they look awesome!!

My guess on the sale price is $3.50/chip, or roughly $2500 per set.
That seems high for Roulette mold chips, but then this place surprises me every day!

Enter the matrix...
Create sale price per chip, then:

Auction off the LOTTERY TICKETS to purchase.

I can't recall 4200 available chips, the structure could be:

e.g.
• 6 tix available for 1000 chips, two winners
• 6 tix available for 500 chips, 2 winners
• 12 tix available for 300 chips, 4 winners

= 4,200 chips shared between 8 winners

So, those who want a crack at a big set will bid against each other for the bigger lottery tix, and those who are curious / interested will bid for the chance to purchase a smaller set. Anybody who wants to pay a premium to get better odds (or go for even more chips) can bid in more than one auction. Let the bidders self organize this way.

Last edited:
How about anyone that wants them calls "dibs" or "mine" or "me" and then through pm's tries to renegotiate the deal in multiple ways and never buys them? That sounds more evil.
First; one player to a hand. Second, let's call a spade a spade. @chippitydoodah is referencing @dmoney Tri-Club listing; which he had first dibs on, and passed.

@Tommy please delete this if you see fit as it pertains to an entirely different sale

Seller declined my original and subsequent counter offer in favor of playing the field. When he came back to the table, I went back to my original offer. I'm not going to bid against myself.

First; one player to a hand. Second, let's call a spade a spade. @chippitydoodah is referencing @dmoney Tri-Club listing; which he had first dibs on, and passed.

@Tommy please delete this if you see fit as it pertains to an entirely different sale

Seller declined my original and subsequent counter offer in favor of playing the field. When he came back to the table, I went back to my original offer. I'm not going to bid against myself.
You're gonna be trouble around here if you think every sale you call dibs on is "or best offer". And shame on you for accusing @dmoney for anything. PM me if you want to continue calling out a spade.

Sorry Jim

Come up with a fair price per rack. Give everybody interested a number.
Pick a Winner - he gets first crack at buying up to a single rack of each color.
Pick another number and he gets the same option.
Repeat until they’re gone.
I think this is the best option by far @TheChipRoom if you're not looking to maximize profits. Otherwise, one auction per rack spread out over a couple days is the way to go

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom