Digital Microscope Chip Fun (1 Viewer)

skylines

Two Pair
Reaction score
Thought about throwing Jack in the title, but got weird quick. For some reason I got a digital microscope from Amazon that I never ordered. Figured I'd do some close ups of chips for science. I can't tell my magnification for these but camera says its 25-600x. Based on where I was scrolling between them I'd peg this at 100x?

Here is a close up the Paulson micro dot on the Jack Detroit 25+
jack25sec.jpg

And while we are on security measures here is just 2x shot of a Jack Detroit $5 under black light for the UV THC. 25+ seem to all have the word PAULSON instead of the top hat cane in sample.

IMG_7714.jpg

A close up of the edge spots on a Jack Detroit $25 Secondary going into the inlay.

jack25secedge.jpg

Close up of the RHC design

jack25secrhc.jpg

Close up between the J and A of Jack (with some damage/color spots). Could only see the damage with a bright light shining on the chip and even then couldn't notice the color.

jack25secJA.jpg

And finally difference between a minty Jack Detroit $25 Secondary and a VG Paris $1 edge. Maybe not super interesting but you can really see the extra material on the green and the slight rounding on the blue. The edge on the Paris was still sharp but definitely not as sharp as the Jack.

nonmintparis.jpg

mintjack.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my waste of time for the evening!

This makes me want to buy a microscope...thanks for sharing!

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!!! I FOUND A TICK ON MY DOG AND PUT IT UNDER MY SCOPE AT WORK! THIS IS THE TICKS EYE BALL ! WITH EYELASHES!!

Attachments

• Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 145
Awesome thread! I want one too now... like I need another toy to spend money on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom