Did somebody slip one past the goalie, or are you all just planning? (1 Viewer)

Don't know why we can't just be transparent about GPI pricing; full Paulson price list here, FWIW.
F3917E01-A2DA-478F-AA4B-861D2D701558.png

Insinuating that I am on them? Brother I don't even take Advil. But find another post with a reaction score of 32 without a single picture, everyone has the option to scroll on past when they see a Ben Book, I give a warning in the Header. I think it takes guts to put your opinions out there on an internet forum, hope that newer members can learn from it and that cross your fingers that you are like minded with the veterans (elders of the hobby). The 3:1 reaction score ratio is important to some of us, some get there from posting amazing pictures of beautiful chips, not all of us have that amazing collection, some get there with jokes and halarious content. Some of us strive to get there through useful commentary.

I get messages regularly thanking me for my Ben books, if I can help a few people try to understand the insanity this market has seen recently, well that is good enough for me. One accuses me of doing drugs whilst 30 plus enjoy the message... I can live with that ratio.

I’m messing with you Ben, like I always have. You know nothing but love from my end. I actually think chipping as a whole has been on some strong stuff these last two years. This hobby acquired a few new scars due to several factors. Massive amounts of excessive hoarding, increased instances of flipping, a self-conscious jackass trying to hijack the thread and hobby all to himself, etc. Put all that stuff in a bowl and mix it, you don’t really end up with a recipe for success in the hobby. That’s really all there is to it. It’s actually asking for time to heal as well as some more chips to start popping up in order to make both old and new chippers happy.

Last edited:
This hobby acquired a few new scars due to several factors.
Yeah. Scars, challenges, whatever you want to call it. I don't know if
1) the past two years have made me see things more clearly and so I've reframed my goals, or
2) the past two years have broken my spirit
Ha, and I'm not sure if there's a difference. But I'm real good where I am within the hobby. The top-shelf shit is now definitely out of my reach, but for the first time, I'm not yearning for it. That stuff is for them; and I'm enjoying what I have. And, of course, soon there will be another chiproom sale and everything will be exciting!

1) the past two years have made me see things more clearly and so I've reframed my goals, or
Ha, and I'm not sure if there's a difference. But I'm real good where I am within the hobby. The top-shelf shit is now definitely out of my reach, but for the first time, I'm not yearning for it. That stuff is for them; and I'm enjoying what I have. And, of course, soon there will be another chiproom sale and everything will be exciting!

Took the words out of my mouth. I feel the exact same way. Very happy I made it through the gates prior to the shit show. Enjoying what’s on my end with some good friends and soon with more awesome people from PCF at the SoCal meetup.

1650382744395.gif

Don't know why we can't just be transparent about GPI pricing; full Paulson price list here, FWIW.
Rickroll aside, it's because they don't have a price list. Each sales region is different, each customer is different, and each order is different -- and the invoice contains a wide array of charges for various things related to the order, including chip costs.

Two identical orders from two different customers via two different sales offices/rep will not be priced identically. Even back-to-back orders/re-orders will differ.

It's the manufacturer who makes chip pricing transparency almost impossible, and I'd guess it's intentional. Best you can do is estimate a price ~range~ for most chip types and customers/regions.

Rickroll aside, it's because they don't have a price list. Each sales region is different, each customer is different, and each order is different -- and the invoice contains a wide array of charges for various things related to the order, including chip costs.

Two identical orders from two different customers via two different sales offices/rep will not be priced identically. Even back-to-back orders/re-orders will differ.

It's the manufacturer who makes chip pricing transparency almost impossible, and I'd guess it's intentional. Best you can do is estimate a price ~range~ for most chip types and customers/regions.
Yeah, only used the opening part of the sentence to set up the Rick Roll, for sure, haha. However, appreciate your knowledge and insight as I didn't know there was so much variance involved with pricing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom