Tourney Diaper Poker Tourney (2 Viewers)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I'm thinking of hosting a Diaper Poker Tourney.

My 20 year old daughter is pregnant. Situation isn't great. It is what it is.

I want to host a Diaper Poker party where the buy in is diapers and/or cash. Looking for different idea's.

A couple of options.

"x" amount of chips per diaper that your bring. I have a T100k set. Every diaper that you bring could get you 5k in chips?

a case of diapers/20 bucks is your buy in. All, or a portion of the loot is paid out with the other portion of the loot going to my daughter (in the form of more diapers).

If the buy in is only diapers. I'd take suggestions on inexpensive prizes to hand out for the winner (s).

Thoughts? suggestions? ect....

This won't be taking place for a few months so I have plenty of planning time.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Hi Bill,
I went to a fund raiser where the prizes in lieu of cash was sports memorabilia, gift certificates, and poker related items. They also raffled off additional items, which was pretty cool and everyone had a good time. Might be a good idea to go to some garage sales and see if you can find some cool stuff to offer on the cheap. Also, offer up some inexpensive grub such as hot dogs, beer, and pop to get a good turn out.

Let me know if you decide to move forward and I'll see if I can find something to send you to offer your participants. Best of luck!

-Anthony

Hi Bill,
I went to a fund raiser where the prizes in lieu of cash was sports memorabilia, gift certificates, and poker related items. They also raffled off additional items, which was pretty cool and everyone had a good time. Might be a good idea to go to some garage sales and see if you can find some cool stuff to offer on the cheap. Also, offer up some inexpensive grub such as hot dogs, beer, and pop to get a good turn out.

Let me know if you decide to move forward and I'll see if I can find something to send you to offer your participants. Best of luck!

-Anthony

Thanks for the suggestions. I personally hate garage sales. My mom is an avid fan. Time to get her involved :)

I was also thinking of a 50/50 raffle.

I was definitely going to do something simple food wise. I think I'm going to tentatively plan for the end of AUG.

Congrats?

One idea is to hold the event at the same time as the baby shower for partners. Have entry fee as a gift and a small buyin amount and have the buyin amount as the prize pool.

Congrats?

One idea is to hold the event at the same time as the baby shower for partners. Have entry fee as a gift and a small buyin amount and have the buyin amount as the prize pool.

The baby shower group isn't really poker players, or their partners

Congrats, Grandpa. :)

I like the cash buy-in / free diaper add-on idea: 5K starting stack for $xxx, with an extra 5K in chips for every donated diaper box (no limit). Diapers and half the cash go to the new mommy.

Make sure you specify diaper size for your poker buddies.

How does this sound. Should I allow a rebuy or an add on? If so, does that go towards the diapers? Poker? split it?

Hey everyone,

As some of you know. My daughter, Ali, is about 6 months pregnant. To help out in a way that I know how I'd like to host a poker/diaper party.

This will be a T100k tourney (using the new Zombie Poker chips).

Buy In Options ($20.00's per each buy in will go to the tourney).

1. $20.00's and 1 pack of diapers

2. $30.00's (I will spend the 10.00's on diapers)

Date:

08-15-2015

Time:

1900 hrs

I will provide hot dogs/chips/soda.

Cash game to follow if there is enough interest.

Thanks in advance. I'm sure I'm forgetting something

Tourney is this Saturday. Wish me luck.

As of now I have 14 players confirmed with still a few possibles pending.

B

In for a $10 plo flip posted online, with the cash going to the diaper pool if I win. Anybody else?

We are doing the same thing at my brother's baby shower later this month. He was looking for something for the guys to do and decided on a diaper tourney. I wish I could make it out there for the tourney but already playing this weekend. :)

Edit: In for diaper flip!!!

Anybody from PCF gonna be there (besides DD)? Paulo, you going? How about the other Michigan PCF'ers?

Anybody from PCF gonna be there (besides DD)? Paulo, you going? How about the other Michigan PCF'ers?

No man, I wish I could... Wife made plans with a few friends to come over for food/drinks, :mad:

I played with those same guys Friday though... NLHE/PLO tourney... Played for six hours and was the bubble boy, so frustrating man... We had like 20 players and had like 11+ re-buys, hahahaha... Good fun!

Mike32 can't make it, dude brought me a case of 100 diapers to donate any ways

There is still one potential PCF'er

My wife and myself had already committed to a euchre tournament with some local friends so this Michigan PCF'er will not be there. Otherwise I'd be all over it (especially the cash game). I sat next to Paulo for much of the night last weekend while he was bubbling, I think he named his dog after his typical tournament results (lame joke).

My wife and myself had already committed to a euchre tournament with some local friends so this Michigan PCF'er will not be there. Otherwise I'd be all over it (especially the cash game). I sat next to Paulo for much of the night last weekend while he was bubbling, I think he named his dog after his typical tournament results (lame joke).

Mike,

I know you would be there if you could. Thank you. Also, thank you for the donation to Ali. It is greatly appreciated.

Speaking of your wife, she's probably ready for you to host another game. She miss me? :) I'm in for the 21st of the 28th btw.....just sayin.

Instead of chips, use stacks of diapers for currency, with different sizes denoting value.

You can keep that idea, a gift from me! ;)

started the morning with 16 players. Instead of last minute cancellations, I'm getting last minute add on's. Up to 19, with a 20th player possible.

A quick update.

While I was enjoying my coffee SAT. morning I get a text from a friend saying he would like a seat if possible. 17 players. A few hours later I get another text from another player/friend that says he can fill the last three seats (all with guys that I have played with before). I say sure.

Then I decide on this 92 degree day that it would be good to mow, weed, ect.....

Wifey gets home at 430. We crack open our first beer and sit out back drinking for an hour.

About 6 people start rolling in. I serve chili dogs, chips, macaroni salad, ect. About 655 it dawns on me that I have 21 people for the tourney. Damnt!!! I make a quick adjustment and I just seat him at the main table. Its a large table, so it can comfortably seat 11 players.

Tourney starts about 5 minutes late.

At the 8 minute mark the secondary table has its first rebuy. At the 10 minute mark I get mixed up in a big hand with Treece (mike32 knows him). I'm dealt pocket kings in early position. The blinds are 500 and 1000. We started with 100,000. The mix of players at the table are everyone from players that play once a year or less to players that play several times a month. I make it 5k pre flop and get 4 callers. Flop comes J/5/4 two suited. The SB checks to me. I make it 17k. Treece shoves. Folds to me. I instantly call. Treece is on a horrible run. Makes moves when he doesn't have to. Fuck it. I'm already slightly buzzed and its a rebuy tourney!!! I call. He tables a set of fours. I roll over my pocket Kings. I of course river a King and double up. He was cool about it. Afterwards we were talking and he thinks it was a bad call on my part. Maybe it was.

We ended up with 7 rebuys on the night. I Paid out the top four. When we got down to the final five we decided to give 5th place their money back.

Three times in the first couple of hours the river was my best friend. Three times I rivered the winning hand. The other two were smaller, all in pots with a ton of outs.

When we got to the final 5 we decided to do shots of Four Roses Single Barrel, lol. It was a great time.

I ended up winning. 20.00 buy in for a 250 cash. Not to bad. The winnings go straight into my Sunset fund.

My daughter netted 150 in cash and 6 packs of diapers. As with the cash from the flip, my wife will be holding onto it and doling out diapers as needed.

This was still fairly early in the tourney. At one point I was just shy of a million in chips. We were still at two tables, lol.
20150815_225004_zps38nj9nep.jpg

drunken picture taking, sorry

20150815_225013_zpswdvhcel3.jpg

I want to attribute my win to Trihonda. I used his bounty chip as a card protector. This is my first win in about 1.5 years.

20150815_201248_zpsc9lihcgd.jpg

20150815_072707_zps3d6jhame.jpg

Nice win Bill! Treece is probably right on the bad call, but you kinda knew it as well (you justified it with the rebuy etc.). I remember the first time I ever played poker at your house you turned a flush against my set of 4's and Ryder spent 15 minutes telling you it was a bad call, guess you never learn LOL! Glad the idea was such a great success.

Nice win Bill! Treece is probably right on the bad call, but you kinda knew it as well (you justified it with the rebuy etc.). I remember the first time I ever played poker at your house you turned a flush against my set of 4's and Ryder spent 15 minutes telling you it was a bad call, guess you never learn LOL! Glad the idea was such a great success.

I also have little respect for the 20.00 buy in, lol. I know I shouldn't, but I do.

20k in the pot pre flop. Bet 17k, jason shoves. With Jason's shove there is 119k in the pot. Yep, bad call........lol.

If it had been about anyone else I would have contemplated my action (still might call). Jason is on a year long tilt. During this tilt I've seen him make this exact same move with just top pair, or even just a big ace several times. He just wants to "end" the hands do to speak and rake in a pot. At least that is my take on him.

None of this changes the fact that its a bad call. I was already slightly buzzed 10 minutes into the tourney. That probably didn't help my decision making either :)

Also by rereading my post it sounded harsh. By the idea being a success I meant the diaper tournament, not the call on Treece. It is not such a bad call anyway, and the $20 justification makes sense.

Also by rereading my post it sounded harsh. By the idea being a success I meant the diaper tournament, not the call on Treece. It is not such a bad call anyway, and the $20 justification makes sense.

lol, harsh? not at all. I knew what you meant by success.

I have to say. I much more enjoy playing the 20.00 tourney's with a mixed group of skill level players than our serious league games. They are just more entertaining. The atmosphere is so much fun. You and Paulo missed a fun night.

Can't sleep. I'm a worrier when it comes to my kids. In a few hours my daughter is having a scheduled c section. Keep them in your thoughts/prayers please.

B

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom