Tourney Diaper Poker Tourney (3 Viewers)

Can't sleep. I'm a worrier when it comes to my kids. In a few hours my daughter is having a scheduled c section. Keep them in your thoughts/prayers please.

B
My first nephew was born last week. It was tense leading up to it, but everything turned out fine. Many positive thoughts headed your way. And congrats!!!

couldn't sleep. I figured PCF was as good a place as any to hang out at 230 in the morning. Plus, I checked my email and had something from J5. He was asking if I decided on a mold, and what denom's were going with what colors :)

An email from J5 always makes my day.

I replied 30 minutes ago. I guess J5 isn't very committed since he hasn't responded back yet :)

I also asked about adding my grandson's name/year to one side of the 25.00 chips to commemorate his birth. Thanks @Payback for the inspiration from your chipset.

B

Sending good thoughts your way, Bill. Even though it's major surgery, c-sections are pretty common and rarely have complications. Which hospital is she at? My ex is a cardiac nurse, and my daughter is a cardiac surgeon, both up in your neighborhood.

Planning to change your username to detroitgranddad ? ;)

Good thoughts coming your way. Hope everything goes/went/is going okay and that mom and baby are doing well.

I replied 30 minutes ago. I guess J5 isn't very committed since he hasn't responded back yet :)

I also asked about adding my grandson's name/year to one side of the 25.00 chips to commemorate his birth. Thanks @Payback for the inspiration from your chipset.

B
Congratulations! Glad I could be of some inspiration. Can't wait to see the final product.

Sending good thoughts your way, Bill. Even though it's major surgery, c-sections are pretty common and rarely have complications. Which hospital is she at? My ex is a cardiac nurse, and my daughter is a cardiac surgeon, both up in your neighborhood.

Planning to change your username to detroitgranddad ? ;)

Mott hospital (University of Michigan)

IMG_0119_zpsxlvtmdgg.jpg

Brayden, 7.10 pounds, so far everyone is healthy.

Mazel Tov grandpa!!! (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

I'm stealing the original idea of this thread later this year or early next year. Some friends of ours told us they are expecting in the spring - after years of frustration/lack of success.

/threadjack

congrats again bill. the new grandbaby is adorable. :)

I'm stealing the original idea of this thread later this year or early next year. Some friends of ours told us they are expecting in the spring - after years of frustration/lack of success.

/threadjack

congrats again bill. the new grandbaby is adorable. :)

I'm not smart enough, nor creative enough to come up with this. I was inspired @Payback when we used his chips in a cash game a the Chicago meet up.

Hi Bill (@detroitdad )
I was just wondering how the diaper tournament went? Was it a success? What worked and what didn't work?

I hope you don't mind, but a good friend's oldest daughter is expecting her first baby and I am thinking of jacking your idea. I've known my friend since high school and we are now in our mid forties. Aside from calling him gramps every chance I get, I'd like to do something similar for his family. Thanks and have a good one!

Last edited:
Hi Bill (@detroitdad )
I was just wondering how the diaper tournament went? Was it a success? What worked and what didn't work?

I hope you don't mind, but a good friend's oldest daughter is expecting her first baby and I am thinking of jacking your idea. I've known my friend since high school and we are now in our mid forties. Aside from calling him gramps every chance I get, I'd like to do something similar for his family. Thanks and have a good one!

Sir,

It was a huge success. The buy in was 30.00's. 20 went into the prize pool and 10 went into the diaper fund. I awarded bonus chips for additional diapers that were donated in addition to the 30.00 buy in. 20 players. Everyone brought additional diapers. Plus a few guys brought 20 to 50 dollar gift cards.

I ran it as an unlimited rebuy tourney. All rebuy money was paid put into the prize pool. I forget who, but one of the players donated half of his winnings to the diaper fund as well (I think Marc who took second place if I remember correctly).

I provided hot dogs, snacks, soda, and water (and some bourbon).

Everyone loved it.

Good luck and hope it goes well :)

B

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom