Derail and WTF Merge Thread (33 Viewers)

Now, this "pitta" (pie) wrap filled with Gyros is called a "sandwits" in Thessalonica.
It's among the very best in Greece, but I 'll leave to you the judgement about the Thessalonicans' terminology.:rolleyes:
In Athens, the whole wrap is, equally stupidly, called "souvlaki" even if the content is gyros:rolleyes:
Only in Epirus is it called correctly (pitta wrap with either gyros or souvlaki)

pitoγυρο.png
girosekso1.jpg

And I got hungry by posting at a wrong time of the day.

Now, this "pitta" (pie) wrap filled with Gyros is called a "sandwits" in Thessalonica.
It's among the very best in Greece, but I 'll leave to you the judgement about the Thessalonicans' terminology.:rolleyes:
In Athens, the whole wrap is, equally stupidly, called "souvlaki" even if the content is gyros:rolleyes:
Only in Epirus is it called correctly (pitta wrap with either gyros or souvlaki)

View attachment 865665View attachment 865666

Over here in the UK in the Greek restaurants, it's known as "souvlaki". Regardless, it's truly awesome and you can call it what you like! Yum :D

So... this a sandwich or not?

To continue the fascinating trip into words among different languages:
No Anglo-Saxon lady should visit Greece carrying the name "Pippa" (=pipe, and, inevitably, blowjob, in Greek)
No Arab lady can circulate in Greece carrying the name "Muna" (=huge c*nt in Greek)
No Greek lady should visit an Arab country if named "Hara" (=Joy in Greek, Shit in Arabic)
No Greek man should introduce himself in an Arab country as "Nikos" (= fuck you, in Arabic), while he would still embarass himself somewhat in Serbia (Niko=nobody in Serbian).
Last but not least, "kurasi" means fatigue in Greek, quite close to "kuratsi' (dicks) in Serbian.
:)

Last but not least, "kurasi" means fatigue in Greek, quite close to "kuratsi' (dicks) in Serbian.
(The "a" is lost in the plural form). Your fatigue sounds closer to their "you're a dick" which would roughly be translated "the hell you are" (as a response), but probably misses the necessary tone and juicyness :LOL: :laugh:

Throwing gas onto the fire, it's surely a Greek kebab [runs for the hills]
Of course it is.
That's all the poor invading nomads knew. We perfected it and spread it around the world.
Their language is almost half Persian, let alone the heavy Greek influence.
Proably some 30% of it is turkic. All you can talk about in pure turkic is sheep herding and war.

Over here in the UK in the Greek restaurants, it's known as "souvlaki". Regardless, it's truly awesome and you can call it what you like! Yum :D
In the Greek restaurants here they’re called Gyros. Souvlaki is meat on a skewer.

It’s only a matter of time before we dip them in batter and deep fry them!!

No Anglo-Saxon lady should visit Greece carrying the name "Pippa" (=pipe, and, inevitably, blowjob, in Greek)
No Arab lady can circulate in Greece carrying the name "Muna" (=huge c*nt in Greek)
No Greek lady should visit an Arab country if named "Hara" (=Joy in Greek, Shit in Arabic)
No Greek man should introduce himself in an Arab country as "Nikos" (= fuck you, in Arabic), while he would still embarass himself somewhat in Serbia (Niko=nobody in Serbian).
We have the Swedish name Fanny, is that safe? There's even a store with that name.

bollnas.png

I've actually been inside Fanny, it was very cozy but a little too much fur.

We have the Swedish name Fanny, is that safe? There's even a store with that name.

View attachment 865855

I've actually been inside Fanny, it was very cozy but a little too much fur.
On a similar topic:
I was in Cincinnati a few years back and saw this store in town one day. @BonScot would likely know the word but guess it doesn't mean the same thing stateside:LOL: :laugh:

AC61F530-CC66-493E-8A8E-C8919347CE98.jpeg

Lets not overlook the name "Nick" (Nik). In British English, it means "to steal", while in the States it is a form of damage. ;)

Don't care what they're called, they look incredible

Love me a gyro and fries

As a modern Greek anarchistic rocker wrote, in one of his songs: "Modern, ruthless mothers"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom