Derail and WTF Merge Thread (21 Viewers)

Same with Norway... As well "I give devil". Don't remember anything about cats, tho.
We got "I give the devil" as well, and now that I think of it, we actually have "I give the cat", but nobody under 65 uses it! Do you have "jag ger katten i..." in Norwegian?

Can our friends around the world confirm this?

View attachment 850754
Hilarious.
The Greek version is a rather long and poetic one.
Shorter and simpler versions are "onto my balls" or "onto my dick".
Edit: also now in fashion, the surreal version (for men) "onto my c*nt".
Another long and poetic version is "we all crapped, so the boat is leaning to starboard"

I've actually used the US version "I don't give a rats ass" before. Shifted over to the "zero fucks" version as it was newer, and thus funnier.
Inside joke with Mrs S and our best friends - they will often ask me "What about the rat?" when I go off on some tangent that they don't care about.

This came from a conversation many years ago that went something like this:
"Blah blah blah..."
"Hey Schmendr1ck, what about the rat?"
"What rat?"
"The rat whose ass I don't give about blah blah blah..."

We got "I give the devil" as well, and now that I think of it, we actually have "I give the cat", but nobody under 65 uses it! Do you have "jag ger katten i..." in Norwegian?
Haha, I don't think I've ever heard the "i give the cat". Possible that it was a thing earlier and for people 65+ here as well, but certainly not used a lot now a days.

272627866_10219434995416550_5639807144550031849_n.jpg

Funny... this conversation of different ways of saying "IDGAF"... makes me think of the Hispanic way of saying "let's get the F*ck out of here". In El Salvador they say "bamanos al la Miereda!" Or "let's go to the Sh*t!" But in Mexico they say "bamanos al la Verga!" Or "let's go to the Dick!"

Ok I don't speak Spanosh and certainly can't spell any of it. But I work with probably 95%Hispanic people or of Hispanic descent. I have asked many times over the last 20 years why the hell anyone would want to "go to the Sh*t or the Dick" it just doesn't make sense to me and they say it all the time. The answer is always "well, that's just what we say" . Curious why the first person that heard someone say didn't kick the guy in the nuts and say "No! That's Gay/Sick/ Gross! Why don't just go with Let's get the F* out of here! Since that is what we are trying to say anyways!" Lmao

Also this one just happened... the things that make you scratch your head in life.

**Stupid story not really worth the read!**

We have lost our parking lot and parking on the street now, tons of free parking everywhere but there are spots in the neighborhood that you will likely come out to an empty vehicle. The main road here by the Highway is definitely the safest spot as the police are constantly driving by.

They are clearing what we usedto have for our parking lot so the Dump Trucks get here early and wait on the road
20220124_071609.jpg

I get here early to get my spit and the 67 year old GC I work for typically parks in front of me but usually 10 minutes later showing up and the dump truck was in his spot. He sat there for a minute and peeled wheels flying up the road and went somewhere else. The other side of the street is wide open and free parking as well
20220124_070730.jpg

At exactly 7:00 am (our start time) he pulls back around and parks directly in front of the Dump Truck making it extremely difficult for him to get back into the road so he could pull on the lot to load up. I had to back up so the truck could back up and get out. The GC slams it in reverse and backs up to my bumper
20220124_070723.jpg

Now he is late to work I roll down the window and said "wow Don you must really like that spot buddy" his response and I can't make this shit up " well I like to be facing this way when I leave in the afternoon!" Everything down here are squares, if facing the other way he only had to go 150 ft and make a right and another right and he is on the same road we all leave on. Or could pull a 3 second U turn in the non congested intersection right behind us.

All of that just so his car is facing the right direction when he leaves... again a 67 year old very educated man.

Now an hour later I come back out and still plenty of space on the other side, but this side is packed!
20220124_075600.jpg

Definitely made me go WTF!
Happy Monday Y'all

Also this one just happened... the things that make you scratch your head in life.

**Stupid story not really worth the read!**

We have lost our parking lot and parking on the street now, tons of free parking everywhere but there are spots in the neighborhood that you will likely come out to an empty vehicle. The main road here by the Highway is definitely the safest spot as the police are constantly driving by.

They are clearing what we usedto have for our parking lot so the Dump Trucks get here early and wait on the road
View attachment 851241
I get here early to get my spit and the 67 year old GC I work for typically parks in front of me but usually 10 minutes later showing up and the dump truck was in his spot. He sat there for a minute and peeled wheels flying up the road and went somewhere else. The other side of the street is wide open and free parking as well
View attachment 851242
At exactly 7:00 am (our start time) he pulls back around and parks directly in front of the Dump Truck making it extremely difficult for him to get back into the road so he could pull on the lot to load up. I had to back up so the truck could back up and get out. The GC slams it in reverse and backs up to my bumper
View attachment 851243
Now he is late to work I roll down the window and said "wow Don you must really like that spot buddy" his response and I can't make this shit up " well I like to be facing this way when I leave in the afternoon!" Everything down here are squares, if facing the other way he only had to go 150 ft and make a right and another right and he is on the same road we all leave on. Or could pull a 3 second U turn in the non congested intersection right behind us.

All of that just so his car is facing the right direction when he leaves... again a 67 year old very educated man.

Now an hour later I come back out and still plenty of space on the other side, but this side is packed!
View attachment 851247
Definitely made me go WTF!
Happy Monday Y'all
People are creatures of habit. Older people are even more set in their ways. Living/working with the same crew for close to 15 years, I see the same thing in the older guys (of which I am one). New guys come in, try to make a minor adjustment (like rearranging the vehicles in the bay so the most used vehicle is closest to the station door) and the old guys will have none of it. "It's just the way it's always been".

I hate it when I notice similar habits in myself, as it means I too am aging. Eventually I will be using language that younger generations will find abhorrent and will start yelling at clouds. Best thing to do is to laugh at the absurdity of it all, and make a little sign that reads "GC's parking only - violators will be bumped" or "GC's parking spot - because U-turns are hard".

Nice. I occasionally like to do something similar at the poker table. When heads up and I place a big big and I see that the villain is obviously doing some math in their head, I'll politely say "Let me help you out there - it's 50/50. You either have the better hand or your don't, so you're chances are 50%". It's fun mess'n with people lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom