Tourney Deepstack Turbo STT (1 Viewer)

Italianjoe157

Two Pair
Reaction score
Let’s discuss!

Our group has been doing 1/1 ($50-$150) cash for sometime and I was recruited by the fellas to form a STT (7-10 players)

$50 buyin/T25k/20m levels starting 100/200 w/ standard antes later on.

It’s my hope to get a few rebuys in the mix so I’d like a turbo structure and I’ve want to create a deep stack turbo event.

I was thinking of a $50 add on after first hour for T25k but Blind Valet recommended T40k but will that be too much for a turbo structure?

Should I vary the blind time from 15 then slow down to 20 after level 4 (first hour)?

Here’s the 20 minute Blind Valet structure:

100/200
200/400
300/600
10 min break for add on
300/600/100
400/800/100
500/1K/100
600/1200/100
800/1600/200
1K/2K/300
1200/2400/300

OR

Have the buy in match the stack ie. $50 buyin/50k stack/75k add on?

Never done a deep starting stack before so any input on buyin/time/starting stack would be helpful. I’ll be using my Jack Detroit T solids for this which is 6 million in total chips so I am very flexible with base of T100 or T500 if people think either are more desirable.

I know it’s a lot but there is so many options available. I guess it’s a good problem to have!

All I can offer for information is keep your early rounds at 20 minutes. It will set your scheduled break for add ons at the 1 hour mark, which is a good spot to let smokers duck outside and beer drinkers to hit the can.

One of the guys just thought of $50 buyin/T25k/20m levels with $20/T10k rebuys until first break then an additional $20 add on. That might be more friendly and more enticing to add money to the prize pool..

Now that my brains are turned on I can see one serious problem with your 25k deep stack tournament. I host a T10k with blinds starting at 25/50. That makes a starting stack 200BB deep. Your T25k with blinds starting at 100/200 is only 125BB deep. My T10k will play deeper than you T25k because of this, and I am not trying to run a deep stack. If your first round is 100/200 and you want a deep stack tourney, maybe consider starting stacks at 100k, so people start out with 500BB.

I’m debating on starting at 100/100 so 250BBs. I just don’t know the sweet spot between playability and encouraging rebuys to pump up the prize pool. I think 500bbs is too deep for my people. I think with the smaller rebuys and add ons it will help slow things down.

For starters, there is no such thing as a 'deep-stack turbo'.

Tournaments are by design at the extremes either deep-stack (which infers a large number of starting big blinds and a blind progression that does not immediately diminish or negate them), or at the other extreme, a smallish number of starting big blinds (usually accompanied by a blind schedule with either short-time blind levels or aggressively-increasing blinds, or both).

By their very nature, deep-stack events do not promote re-buys -- you start with sufficient chips to withstand variance and most fatal bad-beat scenarios -- so if 'pump the prize pool' with re-buys is a primary goal, you need to abandon the deep-stack idea.

If leaning towards a turbo-style event, the first variable to decide upon is total time length of the tournament (for your 7-10 players) -- that will drive all other decisions.

The concept is very clear I just wanted to blur the lines if possible to blend the two...from working with blind valet on different variables it will be tough to accomplish as mentioned. Either deepstack or turbo. I think based on my senecio I’ll have to go with turbo instead as time is indeed a factor.

The T25k/20m level/$20R&A —>T10k sounds fun to me. 125bbs + extras will make it a fun evening for us. Kinda worked the kinks out myself on the backend but thanks for the input guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom