Deckmate 1 Guide (2 Viewers)

My friend just gifted me his DM1 that he’s had for awhile now. It hasn’t been working for some time. I’m fairly lost on where to start besides that it seems to not be feeding the cards. Any help would be much appreciated!

Gifted?!? Wow what a friend!! Take a video and show me what's going on. I'll send you a message since they are new here and probably can't PM.

Oh wait I tried and can't message you. Feel free to post a video on YouTube and share the link here.

Gifted?!? Wow what a friend!! Take a video and show me what's going on. I'll send you a message since they are new here and probably can't PM.

Oh wait I tried and can't message you. Feel free to post a video on YouTube and share the link here.
Gripper cycles continuously. Do you know how I could retrieve the password to get into the automatic setup?

Attachments

• IMG_1848.jpeg
    IMG_1848.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 25
Okay for starters you need to adjust the rollers to your specific cards you will be using. Read the guide. Specifically the roller sections and also download the manual and read the section about adjusting the cards. For a free Deckmate it's in really good condition and the rollers look great!

Passwords in the guide it's the same for all Deckmates. I think 12332

Are you using full poker size cards or bridge? Your Deckmate is set up for bridge size right now.

Yeah first set the roller height which are four screws that control the height of height of the hump piece in the middle. After you loosen the screws place two playing cards that you will be using in between the adjusting roller. Apply medium to light downwards pressure then lock down the screws.

Then go in and do the auto adjustment in the menu section.

Last edited:
Okay for starters you need to adjust the rollers to your specific cards you will be using. Read the guide. Specifically the roller sections and also download the manual and read the section about adjusting the cards. For a free Deckmate it's in really good condition and the rollers look great!

Passwords in the guide it's the same for all Deckmates. I think 12332

Are you using full poker size cards or bridge? Your Deckmate is set up for bridge size right now.

Yeah first set the roller height which are four screws under that control the height did that hump piece in the middle. After you loosen the screws place two playing cards that you will be using in between the adjusting roller. Apply medium to light downwards pressure then lock down the screws.

Then go in and do the auto adjustment.
It was hardly ever used to be honest. Rather than messing with the adjustments. Perhaps I’m better off ordering some bridge sized Kem playing cards that it’s set up for? I know it was working with them. It’s possible a different size deck was purchased and the previous owner didn’t realize an adjustment was needed.

Every deck is different and very possible that is the only issue you have is just adjusting the card height and using bridge size. Either way the height always needs to be adjusted manually if you switch decks and then auto setup will need to be performed.

Going back and forth to bridge and poker size and as easy as just removing two guide bars. Totaled of 4 screws and like 20 seconds.

Setting the depth height is the most basic maintenance thing you should learn if you are going to own a Deckmate. Aside from just wiping the rollers occasionally with isopropyl.

I really should do a video on it but never got around to do it.

Last edited:
Every deck is different and very possible that is the only issue you have is just adjusting the card height and using bridge size. Either waynthenheight always needs to be adjusted manually if you switch decks and then auto setup will need to be performed.

Going back and forth to bridge and poker size and as easy as just removing two guide bars. Totaled of 4 screws and like 20 seconds.

Setting the depth height is the most basic maintenance thing you should learn if you are going to own a Deckmate. Aside from just wiping the rollers occasionally with isopropyl.

I really should do a video on it but never got around to do it.
This.

It’s probably the best present you’ve ever gotten…

I read the service manual and didn’t see anything about adjusting to bridge size. I did adjust the height with the two cards as directed. If you message me on YouTube, I’ll Venmo you to FaceTime and walk me through it.

I read the service manual and didn’t see anything about adjusting to bridge size. I did adjust the height with the two cards as directed. If you message me on YouTube, I’ll Venmo you to FaceTime and walk me through it.
You have to add the spacer bars. But the card thickness is probably what’s getting you.
IMG_6717.jpeg

Pm finally sent with my contact info. Congrats and welcome to PCF.

If any of my other Deckmate friends are able to reach out to him before I am able to please feel free to help him. I just boarded a flight home and will be offline for a bit.

I pretty sure PCF gained like 4 members because people found this thread on Google. Just wanted to update seems to be a very common that particular cards do not work so well with the DM1 if you have worn or used rollers. Seems to be the trend right now if you having trouble after adjusting. It's most likely the deck you are using.

Last week I spent maybe 8 hours trying to diagnose a Deckmate someone sent me only to find out that it just needs fresh rollers. We were trying to use Faded spades and they are thick! Working on trying to get a whole roller kit but it's a process. I used Justin's mis print deck and they shuffled 50x no jams no issue.

Thekoc had a bad sensor #4 cable so he just needs to replace that along with a gear that was cracked.

Then we have rampant who had the same issue with the particular deck he was using however his rollers still looked fresh but for sure maybe a decade old. So maybe the grip isn't there anymore to use bicycle paper cards. He switched to copaq cards and it's been going good. We video chatted and he got a good quick tutorial/walkthrough on his Free Deckmate. Lucky guy

I have a guilty pleasure trying to solve these DM1 issues.... We will keep sharing our findings to help future folks who might be in the situation.

Anyone in need of a full roller change? I will probably be changing out another member's deckmate with an OEM Roller Kit from Light and Wonder next week, and if anyone is looking to try an aftermarket roller kit purportedly superior to the OEM one, I will provide the free labor if roller kit and shipping are covered.

I am looking to do a comparrison between the two kits but my deckmate doesn't quite need rollers anytime soon.

OEM Roller Kit $710

Aftermarket $400ish working out the final numbers of the complete set with the company

This is what I am expecting to purchase from the Aftermarket company

1718152729895.png

Last edited:
Also if you didn't see my post about Ideals shufflers on eBay. It would be a great alternate shuffler for anyone who is doing a "side cart" shuffler and not looking to mount into the middle of their poker table. It can be partially mounted but the wheel would be sticking out the back but for 2500 ish it's a great buy!

1718154893058.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom