Death in our Poker League - What to do? (1 Viewer)

I like the memorial stack and chair for the player. I also love the idea of having a chip made and maybe having a memorial tournament, of his favorite game, as a remembrance to him.

We had a similar situation. Our group plays monthly. Our guy (also named Mike) had won the first two January events. The second one was also the last tournament he played with us. So I named the January tournament after him. Instead of 10 at the final table, we only take 9, with a seat reserved for Mike. Mike's "stack" is then divided equally between those players who make the final table. We start with 25K, and give 10K to each player who makes the final table. We also named our annual "Main Event" winner's trophy after him.

Our game was last week, and we put out a chair and chips for Mike. I am also having a trophy made called the Mike Grau Memorial Trophy and have all the winners of the final table on it. We haven't had a trophy as of yet. I kept slacking on it, but this was the perfect time to get it. So hopefully that will be here in time for our final table and I can unveil it there.

Also Mike had two sons. One of which I have played poker with. He will be coming to the final table and playing his father's stack in memory of him. His other son is going to come and watch and hang out.

Our game was last week, and we put out a chair and chips for Mike. I am also having a trophy made called the Mike Grau Memorial Trophy and have all the winners of the final table on it. We haven't had a trophy as of yet. I kept slacking on it, but this was the perfect time to get it. So hopefully that will be here in time for our final table and I can unveil it there.

Also Mike had two sons. One of which I have played poker with. He will be coming to the final table and playing his father's stack in memory of him. His other son is going to come and watch and hang out.

outstanding!!!

Well handled. Love the memorial trophy.

Super awesome, I like the fact you are able to have his family (son's especial) be there for this.

Nice work with the trophy. Also a wonderful opportunity for the kids to share some memories about their dad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom