DEALER BUTTONS to accompany the US/CAN CARDS MOLD group buy - CLOSED (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone decides to design an NCAA Basketball Tournament button, I'd be in! Or a horse racing/Kentucky Derby theme? I don't know anything about graphics, but something like this?

*DISSCLAIMER* I am a amatuer

something like this
NCAADEALER.png

a few adjustments one with inverted colors

Attachments

• NCAA.png
    NCAA.png
    426.1 KB · Views: 110
  • inverse ncaa.png
    inverse ncaa.png
    426.9 KB · Views: 106
Is the image quality good enough? On the image you posted here, I see a lot of pixelation. I think "DEALER" needs to be more prominent, as well.

Hi, Thanks for the heads up. Neither @wolfpack or I are graphics people, so I don't know.
Well, unless we can get a designer to make it a quality art file, I'm gonna leave it off of this order. Besides, this is intended to be dealer buttons that will accompany chip sets that are part of SeanGecko's ceramic group buy. And these don't qualify (as far as I am aware). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, unless we can get a designer to make it a quality art file, I'm gonna leave it off of this order. Besides, this is intended to be dealer buttons that will accompany chip sets that are part of SeanGecko's ceramic group buy. And these don't qualify (as far as I am aware). Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks James! I almost said something like this over the weekend, but figured it's your thread so not my place. Back to Cards mold GB talk!!!

I received a draft of my DB from Tim on Friday. We have a few tweaks to make but I hope he will have final art for me this week.

Here's a little tease of the rolling edge. Gonna change up colors and add some more of the little icons, but this is the basic idea.

First draft DB rolling edge.jpg

OK - I went through the GoogleDocs spreadsheet, and there are only a few dealer button designs left to go. The designs that I am aware of are on page 6 of this thread, on posts #174 and #175. Here are the ones that I believe are still being worked on.

@TX_Golf_N_Poker ... Texas Flood
@slurpeee ... Wolf Guitar
@RowlettTexasChipGuy ... G-Town Poker Club
@Pinesol13 ... Kohler Cardroom
@Dodger ... Mill Town
@BarrieJ3 ... Clown Motel
@JeepologyOffroad ... Starlite
@Marhault ... (no idea what his design theme is)

There must be a maximum number of edits that can be done on thread posts, because now I am unable to edit both the first and second post in this thread. I think I may need to create a new thread and end this one.

OK - I went through the GoogleDocs spreadsheet, and there are only a few dealer button designs left to go. The designs that I am aware of are on page 6 of this thread, on posts #174 and #175. Here are the ones that I believe are still being worked on.

@TX_Golf_N_Poker ... Texas Flood
@slurpeee ... Wolf Guitar
@RowlettTexasChipGuy ... G-Town Poker Club
@Pinesol13 ... Kohler Cardroom
@Dodger ... Mill Town
@BarrieJ3 ... Clown Motel
@JeepologyOffroad ... Starlite
@Marhault ... (no idea what his design theme is)

There must be a maximum number of edits that can be done on thread posts, because now I am unable to edit both the first and second post in this thread. I think I may need to create a new thread and end this one.
What if you keep this one for continuing discussion and set up a new one for just ordering. Can you keep the new one closed (read only - only you can post) until all the artwork is complete and you're ready to start taking orders? Then open it up? I know vendors can have posts that no one else can post to. Just not sure if they can be opened up later.

Not sure. That's a good idea, though. I'll just start a new thread when I'm ready to take orders. :tup:

Ah, I ordered chips in the Cards Mold group buy, knew this thread was inspired by that, didn't know it was LIMITED to that. Sorry.

Ah, I ordered chips in the Cards Mold group buy, knew this thread was inspired by that, didn't know it was LIMITED to that. Sorry.
No worries. It's going to be an enormous DB group buy as it is. It could easily get out of control if I opened it up to ANY design.

I didn;t know that either. I didn't order chips in the group buy.

Hey guys, Tim and I are getting super close on the Dealer Button. Here's the latest:

v6-Texas Flood Poker Club-02.jpg

Edge design 2 & 3 are out for sure. I don't want either white letters or a white background. Not sure I love the tan colored letters either, so I've asked Tim to try one with a little more yellow, and one that's a little more orange.

Anybody got any other thoughts for colors or design? I'm still open to tweaking this a bit more.

I would put the blue state of Texas logo on the edge instead of the other stuff. And I actually prefer the white lettering. Just my opinion. It’s your button.

I would put the blue state of Texas logo on the edge instead of the other stuff. And I actually prefer the white lettering. Just my opinion. It’s your button.
C'mon James, you're the one that got me started with your post about going crazy with the edge design! :D

Hey guys, Tim and I are getting super close on the Dealer Button. Here's the latest:

View attachment 525816

Edge design 2 & 3 are out for sure. I don't want either white letters or a white background. Not sure I love the tan colored letters either, so I've asked Tim to try one with a little more yellow, and one that's a little more orange.

Anybody got any other thoughts for colors or design? I'm still open to tweaking this a bit more.

I would use the tan color used on the face for the barley(?) if that isn’t it. Not sure I would introduce another color.

Intermission: I really really like that TX icon.

The hops/barley/glass/TX icons on the edge are different than the face- the inconsistency has my brain fritzing. I think it would be sharp if the icons on the face were used on the edge. Adding the other icons works, but I don’t know that you need to.

I would use the tan color used on the face for the barley(?) if that isn’t it. Not sure I would introduce another color.

Intermission: I really really like that TX icon.

The hops/barley/glass/TX icons on the edge are different than the face- the inconsistency has my brain fritzing. I think it would be sharp if the icons on the face were used on the edge. Adding the other icons works, but I don’t know that you need to.
Yes, I asked Tim to use the same color as the barley, but I don't care for the way it turned out. It's too blah of a color for the lettering. There's a lot more detail in the hop and barley on the face. Because they are larger there, I don't think it would translate to them being shrunk down for the edge. I'm not sure why he used a slightly different glass, but there must be a reason. I'm OK with the slight differences. The beer in the glass and the other edge icons are more orange-y, so I think it will look OK if the lettering is a similar orange. Let's see what he comes up with.

I had the possibility to piggy on an ongoing SunFly order.
So I've ordered an alternative color for my T25 as well as a dealer button (60mm) and 5 HORSE games button (49mm) with 2 different faces (orbit 1 & orbit 2).

JD_Dealer.png

JD_HORSE.png

For the button collectors, I can share my files if you want to get them made.

Kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom