Custom Poker Table Felt Thread (6 Viewers)

I live in the KC area. Can't stand the chiefs...there gonna regret that quarterback contract.. I put cabinets in Tim Grunwald room addition chief retired center. My wife speaks to Neil Smit( retired ) at her store often and is a very nice guy..I happen to drive by the accident where Derrek Thomas was killed that day...I'm a bama fan but still don't like the chiefs..

Last edited:
I live in the KC area. Can't stand the chiefs...there gonna regret that quarterback contract.. I put cabinets in Tim Grunwald room addition chief retired center. My wife speaks to Neil Smit( retired ) at her store often and is a very nice guy..I happen to drive by the accident where Derrek Thomas was killed that day...I'm a bama fan but still don't like the chiefs..
It's been somewhat proven how difficult it is to win a championship while paying any one position a huge contract (almost always the QB), and I'm a Raiders fan so don't like the Chiefs, but.... pay dat man his money!

I'm a Dallas fan.. I'll take cooper thank you...Trading my BAMA player to Dallas was dream come true

Great work from some members here.

Does anyone know why there's literally ZERO plans online now (other than BYOT pretty much) for custom made poker tables, with, lets say - raised raised or even a kidney bean shape? Actual written blueprint instructions and measurements? Did the poker table makers in various countries get together and pay to take sites down? Baffled by the sheer lack thereof....was looking to remake my table top in a premium 'slight' kidney bean curve (10 seater). before you asked, yes I did a thread search and found a couple of posts with some images; Nothing instruction wise, unless the image itself is supposed to be the instruction?

RoOSTA

I think it kinda died. Some say it's coming back but not like it once was. I'm on numerous woodworking sites and rarely do poker tables come up. Several on the craigslist...

Ordered my felt from @T_Chan Should be shipping soon.

Stanley Cup
Caps Logo
Moonshine Jug
Flying Dog Logo (local brewery)

IMG_4549.jpg
IMG_4744.jpg

Hi, trying to save money in 2020 by grabbing fabric on my own and sending to a printer.

Anyone who can give good advice on the specific type of felt / fabric to grab?

I don't know a lot about fabric, but when I took a swatch of felt (from a fabric store) to a screenprinter, I was told it was the "wrong type" of felt; I believe too porous.

Anyone know the "correct" specific type of felt (or fabric) to use?

Thanks!
Dave

Does anyone know why there's literally ZERO plans online now (other than BYOT pretty much) for custom made poker tables, with, lets say - raised raised or even a kidney bean shape? Actual written blueprint instructions and measurements? Did the poker table makers in various countries get together and pay to take sites down? Baffled by the sheer lack thereof....was looking to remake my table top in a premium 'slight' kidney bean curve (10 seater). before you asked, yes I did a thread search and found a couple of posts with some images; Nothing instruction wise, unless the image itself is supposed to be the instruction?

RoOSTA

Anyone?

All poker tables are generic fabrications.

A plan altered 50 ways makes it custom.

A generic plan to start...

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I am looking for someone to help design a custom playing surface for my next table.

I am going through Gorilla gaming for the table and the cloth printing, but I need someone with graphic design/, digital illustration background to help with the illustrations.

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I am looking for someone to help design a custom playing surface for my next table.
What are you interested in? I was at the leather store today. All kinds of colors, all kinds of ideals
Here's some leather for a zombie tables. I get all kinds of new ideals....

Attachments

• 20200921_143100.jpg
    20200921_143100.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 20200921_143106.jpg
    20200921_143106.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 153
Very nice indeed, whats the story behind the eight duece???

Kind of a long story, but it has turned into my "Doyle Brunson" hand, and it's become a legend in my league over the last 15 years.

In summary, early in our league I had a streak where I kept getting that hand in the big blind, no one would preflop raise, and I would flop the nuts or flop would check around and I'd make the straight or flush, and I'd turn it over and say "8-2, baby!" to multiple groans and threats of table flips. That has since evolved into everyone trying to play that hand and beat me with it, with very few successes (because that hand SUCKS!).

So, just a league insider joke, but a fun one. BTW - Don't play 8-2! :LOL: :laugh:

RoOSTA

ya, I was thinking the SAME thing. I have some friends who want to build their own, are in a rush, and can’t wait u til I’m free to assist. I was trying to give them some advice, but wanted a complete set of table instructions, like hose I found back when I started to build tables.. now there is nothing.. no YouTube videos, no website instructions, etc.. at
least nothing that I’d recommend. Most of the table build instructions or videos I found seems to from people doing their first table, or doing a hexagonal or racetrack table, lol. Anytime I see instructions list using a jig saw (instead of a router), it’s an immediate “novice” tell.. a router has so much better results, and makes the Latter parts of the job way easier..

you can see my latest table build thread in the fat tire blog link in my signature.

ya, I was thinking the SAME thing. I have some friends who want to build their own, are in a rush, and can’t wait u til I’m free to assist. I was trying to give them some advice, but wanted a complete set of table instructions, like hose I found back when I started to build tables.. now there is nothing.. no YouTube videos, no website instructions, etc.. at
least nothing that I’d recommend. Most of the table build instructions or videos I found seems to from people doing their first table, or doing a hexagonal or racetrack table, lol. Anytime I see instructions list using a jig saw (instead of a router), it’s an immediate “novice” tell.. a router has so much better results, and makes the Latter parts of the job way easier..

you can see my latest table build thread in the fat tire blog link in my signature.

Wouldn't be surprised if some poker table merchants in various countries did the rounds and paid people to take down their designs/sites...Pretty sad. As my first build was based around a Sweedish (or Swiss?) design of a raised rail, custom lit 10 seater table...Iike it, but wanted a different shape in this time.

I'd pay a little to get designs off someone for a private build for myself... So hopefully someone sees this post and can help.

RoOSTA

I think that the main reason is due to the fact that poker table building forums all shut down. Scott Keen forum went the way of the blue wall, Perfect Man Cave activity died down drastically, Poker Table Forum got retired and is now merged with the PCF Poker table section.

Any good build threads went along with them. Photobucket changing their image policies to paid also played a part as well I think.

I used to post many build threads, but they all went away with the aforementioned forums. Then I went full time with poker table building so it's not in my best interest to share build plans anymore.

There's not a lot of builders anymore like there used to be in the early 2000's during the poker boom. There's still a few kicking around but you really have to do a lot of hunting to find them. There's still some good ones on PCF if you go through enough pages and threads. BYOPT has plans online, but most include the use of a jigsaw which is a bit of a red flag...

Back to poker table felts though!

The middle has a nice basket weave pattern:
2020-09-01 14.41.49.jpg

E26D6F1C-E7B4-4A0F-8910-CA51E0E69D86.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom