Custom artwork group buy. US/CAN CARDS MOLD (7 Viewers)

Henry Hill didn’t get whacked
Yea but he bought a lot of cocaine... hence the "rebuy" chip
Carbone chip of him hanging in the freezer truck
If I could find a good enough picture that would be great, agreed
Scarface feels misplaced here
Agreed, but @GetUrShineBox made a great pun earlier in the thread and I felt obligated haha

I'll go with whichever Chris version people like the most, agreed 2 is unnecessary

Yea but he bought a lot of cocaine... hence the "rebuy" chip

If I could find a good enough picture that would be great, agreed

Agreed, but @GetUrShineBox made a great pun earlier in the thread and I felt obligated haha

I'll go with whichever Chris version people like the most, agreed 2 is unnecessary

The buying coke aspect went over my head. Made me chuckle also thinking of how he bought the bag of silencers for Jimmy and then Jimmy didn’t want to pay for them and pretended they “didn’t work”.

I vote Shades Chris but would prefer a Paulie chip instead :rolleyes:

I’m just gonna start posting pics

Attachments

• 69E90220-A25B-4629-8EE5-95DC20BE4510.jpeg
    69E90220-A25B-4629-8EE5-95DC20BE4510.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 77
Since this got lost in the shuffle, I’ll quote it and hope for a helping hand or PM.

I've never done any amateur design before and just started puttering around Inkscape and Vectornator on my iPad but need some hand-holding... If I have inlay ai files and the SVG file from the chip generator at pokerisgreat, how do I combine these things into a new, workable, finalized file? I've imported the chip images and each inlay into an Inkscape doc but have no clue if I'm on the right track or how to layer the images. Any help on the best next steps is appreciated.

I got a sample set of the chips. They are about what I expected. Good but not great.

What's great is the price for fully custom chips.

I've got a design I want to see in production. If I was doing the same design somewhere where the materials are nice but the end design/colors are the same it'd cost 10x the price at least. This set will either be a dry run set for that and in a few years I'll bite the bullet on that or I'll like these enough to keep as that set.

Either way, I'm in.

Anyone else in the Washington DC area or mid atlantic want these samples before they go back to @SeanGecko

I got a sample set of the chips. They are about what I expected. Good but not great.

I've got a design I want to see in production. If I was doing the same design somewhere where the materials are nice but the end design/colors are the same it'd cost 10x the price at least. This set will either be a dry run set for that and in a few years I'll bite the bullet on that or I'll like these enough to keep as that set.

Either way, I'm in.

Anyone else in the Washington DC area or mid atlantic want these samples before they go back to @SeanGecko
Sure... I’ll give them a look see.... I’m in the DC area

Since this got lost in the shuffle, I’ll quote it and hope for a helping hand or PM.
I’m an Amateur with this stuff too. But to be honest, I don't really like the pokerisgreat tool and I especially don't like the fact that the files only seem to properly open for me in Inkscape. Clipping has always gotten lost when I opened the SVG in AI, and Inkscape is inferior to AI in my humble opinion.

Been messing around with a test chip to see if I could figure out adding inlays on Inkscape. Again, I'm an amateur so if anyone with more experience disagrees I definitely defer to them, but only way I was able to do it was to drag a PNG of the inlay image onto the open Inkscape chip file, setting the opacity to 35%, and scaling the inlay file down manually over the black circle that serves as an inlay placeholder. When I opened a .ai of the inlay through File->Open, it got all messed up when bringing it to the chip document.

TL;DR It's infinitely easier to do in AI, since you can intersect the image with the inlay path. Unless I'm totally missing something, it seems to be a real PITA in inkscape.

Last edited:
What software does everyone suggest for us newbies who are not graphic designers but are taking someone elses .ai files and doing some modifications? What is the easiest software (free hopefully for at least a trial) to use for us? Thanks for any suggestions.
This worked for Ellasdaddy, so I'm trying it too. I think there are a number of us that would love any advice from those that understand this stuff to help us pick the right software to try to work with. I am thinking to try another trial with Adobe Illustrator. For those that don't know, they give you a 7 day free trial.

I’m an Amateur with this stuff too. But to be honest, I don't really like the pokerisgreat tool and I especially don't like the fact that the files only seem to properly open for me in Inkscape. Clipping has always gotten lost when I opened the SVG in AI, and Inkscape is inferior to AI in my humble opinion.

Been messing around with a test chip to see if I could figure out adding inlays on Inkscape. Again, I'm an amateur so if anyone with more experience disagrees I definitely defer to them, but only way I was able to do it was to drag a PNG of the inlay image onto the open Inkscape chip file, setting the opacity to 35%, and scaling the inlay file down manually over the black circle that serves as an inlay placeholder. When I opened a .ai of the inlay through File->Open, it got all messed up when bringing it to the chip document.

TL;DR It's infinitely easier to do in AI, since you can intersect the image with the inlay path. Unless I'm totally missing something, it seems to be a real PITA in inkscape.

As an amateur with Inkscape as well, I’ve found this YouTube channel very helpful - Logos by Nick - https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEQXp_fcqwPcqrzNtWJ1w9w

Being free and open source, Inkscape can still get the job done. But AI is cream of the crop for a reason.

As an amateur with Inkscape as well, I’ve found this YouTube channel very helpful - Logos by Nick - https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEQXp_fcqwPcqrzNtWJ1w9w

Being free and open source, Inkscape can still get the job done. But AI is cream of the crop for a reason.
Thanks for this. Gives me renewed respect for people who do this professionally and also as a hobby... I’ll play around with things until I stumble onto creating a file that is usable or get aggravated enough to beg someone to create it for me :D

Either way, I'm in.

Can you comment on some of the negative or not great aspects of these chips? How do these compare to the old Chipco chips or ABC chips?

Can you comment on some of the negative or not great aspects of these chips? How do these compare to the old Chipco chips or ABC chips?
It's hard to compare apples to apples because of the cards mold. After handling 10s of thousands of these chips the only major complaints I'd have would be inconsistency with quality. You will find some that might have a slightly blurry print, or slightly off center that got through their QC process that other manufacturers might have caught, but that's why I ordered a lot of extras. They're cheap, dirt cheap so you have to expect some QC issues.

On the no mold some of the blanks are spinners. Like I said though a very small percentage probably less than 1%.

It's a positive in my eyes but they have a matte rolling edge, some people might not like that.

The quality is very comparable to ABC or Chipco. Longevity and durability obviously we've not been able to compare.

I'm playing around with Inkscape as well (mostly 'cause I'm curious), and the SVG's generated by the site are embedded, so they cannot be transformed directly by Inkscape. So, what I did:
1) Create the label so that it is 24mm in diameter, centered on the page. One file per denomination.
2) Create a "root" level below the label. Lock all levels except for the "root" level.
3) Generate an SVG for each chip from the site.
4) Open in Inkscape and Export as PNG.
5) Open the label file, and select the "root" level.
6) Drag/drop the exported png image into the root level.
7) Use the align tool to centre the png image on the page. It should be centred underneath the label.

I exported each chip and created a new svg with each finished chip image. I went with a 2-spot chip (B2), using a colour combination which is also distinguishable as monochrome (as I have colour-challenged players). It ended up as

CD4_label_All.png

After working out the cost to have them made and shipped to Canada, I doubt I will participate. Still, it gave me an excuse to figure out curved text and some of the features of Inkscape. And yeah, I have a great respect for the true chip artists here. I have neither the skill nor the patience to do this.

I'm playing around with Inkscape as well (mostly 'cause I'm curious), and the SVG's generated by the site are embedded, so they cannot be transformed directly by Inkscape. So, what I did:
1) Create the label so that it is 24mm in diameter, centered on the page. One file per denomination.
2) Create a "root" level below the label. Lock all levels except for the "root" level.
7) Use the align tool to centre the png image on the page. It should be centred underneath the label.

I exported each chip and created a new svg with each finished chip image. I went with a 2-spot chip (B2), using a colour combination which is also distinguishable as monochrome (as I have colour-challenged players). It ended up as

View attachment 490243

After working out the cost to have them made and shipped to Canada, I doubt I will participate. Still, it gave me an excuse to figure out curved text and some of the features of Inkscape. And yeah, I have a great respect for the true chip artists here. I have neither the skill nor the patience to do this.
Still nice progress

View attachment 490243

Do a purple spot on the yellow 1k, not orange. Trust me.

Someone said around 10g.
9.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999997

I think.

I'd like to see the scale that could measure even 7 of those decimal points. An electron's mass is about the 33rd decimal place, so everything after that is garbage.

I'd like to see the scale that could measure even 7 of those decimal points. An electron's mass is about the 33rd decimal place, so everything after that is garbage.
I can gladly give pics of the no molds but that wouldn't be a fully accurate representation since these have the cards mold. If I had to guess I'd say slightly less than the no mold.

That's a good looking orange. What does "TARE" mean?

I can't tell if you're serious lol.

if you are, it zeroes the scale with whatever is already on it - i.e. if you want to weigh a bowl of rice, but you only want to know the weight of the rice itself, you put the empty bowl on, press "tare", and then add the rice to get the weight.

if you aren't, then why did you make me type that?

I can't tell if you're serious lol.

if you are, it zeroes the scale with whatever is already on it - i.e. if you want to weigh a bowl of rice, but you only want to know the weight of the rice itself, you put the empty bowl on, press "tare", and then add the rice to get the weight.

if you aren't, then why did you make me type that?
I was serious. I haven't used a scale since high school and I was not a great student in certain classes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom