Critiques before I order: #1aa6c1 gaming suede, 43mm Tiki Kings chips, w/ orange T2000 (1 Viewer)

Hephestia

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Alright, looking for someone to tell me I'm really crazy on any aspects of the below setup. I'm probably going a bit overboard on the ceramics and customization (without actually customizing), but cheap set and want to future proof. Have a big family, so can definitely see years down the line hosting a 30 person tournament; so I want a set that would offer that ability. We will also be using these for board games, hence the smaller denoms.

This is what I'm considering ordering:

Gorilla Gaming Home Table with #1aa6c1 (https://www.color-hex.com/color/1aa6c1).

The board game chips (really don't need more than 100, but will order some extras in case some get broken/lost/stolen-as-souvenirs over the years).
125White1
125Red5
125Green25

Tournament Chips:
T20,000 or T30,000 starting stacks.

300Black100
300Purple500
225Orange2,000
50Green Plaques10,000

T20,000 starting stacks: 10/10/7
T30,000 starting stacks: 10/10/7/1 (everyone get's a plaque, who can object to that?)

Typically, these would be used for play money "cash" games, board games, and one or two table tournaments (16 players a few rebuys).

Orange is the kid's favorite color of the tiki chips. I'm avoiding the blue because while it is still visible against the light blue background it does blend a bit.

My thoughts:
Am I making things too complicated? Do I just go with the standard 39mm chips with standard denoms and colors and save a few bucks? Or do I get the set that I like on paper 43mm ceramics, T2000 chip, etc. If nobody sees an issue with my setup, I'll definitely go for it. But if I'm paying more for an inferior setup, let me know please!

Does anyone have a lighter blue/turquoise felt on their table? Is it fine? How difficult is re-felting the gorilla gaming tables if I don't like it, or settle on a custom felt down the line?

Basically looking for feedback from people who have tried any of the above and either liked or disliked it. Also confirmation that my amounts are sufficient. I figure when I have a 30 person table, I can do something more like 5/10/2/1 to leave some smaller chips available for the first few rebuys.

I could also just buy some more 25s so that I have the flexibility of running T25 tournies.

Thanks!

Last edited:
For my set I’d want a 5th denom to use in the poker, especially if you plan on 30 people. You could either get 25s to fill out the bottom, or 50K Plaques at the top. Or maybe both.

If you start with 200BB stacks, for 30 people your total bank would be 6000BB. The expected final BB is at 5% of bank, or 300x the first BB.

If your first BB is 2x your smallest chip then your last will be around 600x your smallest chip.
With 5x multiples between each chip, that’s the same as 600/5 = 120x second chip, or 24x third chip or 6x 4th chip. It’s also common to have a 4x step in there too which will increase the number of chips.

If your blinds at the end are ~3/6 of chip4 you’re going to want that 5th chip for workhorse betting and IMO a 6th to store value.

You’ll get away with fewer denoms with fewer people, but remember that rebuys add more to the total bank. Just work through the multiples from the total bank.

Also rebuys should be with the bigger chips, not the smaller. Give them 2 10K plaques and have them make change at the table. You don’t want to introduce more littles after the start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom