Crazy Topper Build with Built-in 55" TV (2 Viewers)

Humidity?
Possibly, but it’s winter and bitter cold, which typically means dry air.

as for the fans, I’ve got one going. But I want to be careful about air movement while a fresh coat of urethane is applied, Lest I get airborne particulates introduced into the surface.

Yeah, I'd go with fans for increased air circulation. Pass on the heaters for safety reasons (heat + fumes are a really bad idea....).

That's why I go with a radiator on real low. No open flame or even heating coil, so no danger of a spark.
Just slowly raise ambient temperature in a space. But a fan is also a good move.

Attempt number 2 at this urethane adventure

DA7A97F1-9522-4B5F-9247-D50A2BB00740.jpeg

much better results thus far. You can see how the part on the right has dried a tad, while the part on the left is still wet. This was the start and end spot

E9E5B217-4DE0-443B-BDB2-A153E9820695.jpeg

Makes a world of difference with the poly

I’ve done a check of it at this very moment. And I’m very please. Has dried with a great sheen and still shows the wood grain. I have another coat to go.

I’m not into the whole D&D thing, but you have to hand it to the so-called “nerds” ... they are able to conceive and
acquire some pretty cool shit. Looks awesome. Nicely done.

I suppose I AM a bit geeky. I love sci fi. I play D&D. I got a brain

But I’m pretty normal otherwise. I’ve played sports competitively, I shoot guns, I drive fast cars, practice several different martial arts, and am very extroverted in my career and social settings.

The table is cool and all... and it’ll get used for gaming (and poker). But honestly I just like to build shit. :).

I suppose I AM a bit geeky. I love sci fi. I play D&D. I got a brain

But I’m pretty normal otherwise. I’ve played sports competitively, I shoot guns, I drive fast cars, practice several different martial arts, and am very extroverted in my career and social settings.

The table is cool and all... and it’ll get used for gaming (and poker). But honestly I just like to build shit. :).
Wasn’t intending to slight you. We’re all nerds here. Discussing, buying and selling pretty little round pieces of clay.

Well... done. Mostly. :).

View attachment 366121

Is there a problem with that corner?

Gotta say this, again, this is pretty awesome. As much for the ability to build it as for the intended use. I mentioned it to another guy at work yesterday and he was equally impressed. Well done.

Is there a problem with that corner?

Gotta say this, again, this is pretty awesome. As much for the ability to build it as for the intended use. I mentioned it to another guy at work yesterday and he was equally impressed. Well done.

no issues with that corner. Just illustrating the fit and how the glass lays flush with the table surface. Was very pleased how well it turned out.

If you have a digital BBQ/oven thermometer with a wired probe you could run the probe under the TV and let things roll for awhile and you see how the temp gets under there....say a few hours checking periodically

If you have a digital BBQ/oven thermometer with a wired probe you could run the probe under the TV and let things roll for awhile and you see how the temp gets under there....say a few hours checking periodically

i lifted the topper off after my last game (5hours long), and the table and such was 100% cool to the touch. I’ve decreased the fan speed from HI to MED and will see how that goes.

Never knew the right people to play D&D, but this definitely seems like the right way to do it!

I used to play with a small group of friends, but a finding a good DM is both the hardest and the most important thing ever...

Great build!

Holy crap! This build is amazing! Nice work!

I don't really play any board games, other than the occasional game of monopoly, clue, or scrabble and I want one of these! Are there animated or enhanced versions of standard board games out there similar to those D&D maps?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom