Cancelled CPC small crown color sample set traveling loan (US only) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

navels

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I'd like to offer up this gorgeous 38-chip sample set to folks who weren't able to purchase one when they were first available, as a loan:

Here's how I envision this working:
  • I'll maintain a list of dibs callers in the post following this one.
  • I'll mail the samples to the first person on the list.
  • That person will mail them to the next person, coordinating directly through PM and updating progress in this thread.
  • The last person will mail them back to me.
  • Everybody pays outgoing postage.
Some requirements:
  • You should be capable of packing chips like a reasonable person, not an idiot.
  • You should be capable of turning around the shipment in a day or two.
  • You should actually live in the CONUS, not just maintain a US shipping address.
  • Shipping will be USPS priority in a SFRB.
Note: after this exercise is over if there is enough interest the samples can start traveling the world. I'll post a separate thread for that later, so no need to post your interest in that here.

Also, we should be smart about combining local chippers, etc., where it makes sense, regardless of who posted dibs when.

Adding participants here since I can't edit the second post:

1. @ReallyGoodUsername
  2. @Potsie1
  3. @v1pe
  4. @Davism72
  5. @Lars
  6. @Beakertwang
  7. @saleen121212
  8. @18xx Board Gamer
  9. @softchewy
  10. @asam2006 (received)

Last edited:
Nice gesture @navels.
I wish I could participate but shipping isn't worth the trouble.

There's probably a thread on these but I was wondering if these are the same thickness as the TRK small crowns?
I.e. thinner than Paulsons?

Nice gesture @navels.
I wish I could participate but shipping isn't worth the trouble.

There's probably a thread on these but I was wondering if these are the same thickness as the TRK small crowns?
I.e. thinner than Paulsons?
I have a single of each of the cpc small and large crown chips I can send you if you’d like.

From memory they were slightly warped in transit, and I’ve got to hunt them down since my house move, but they are yours if you want them.

I have a single of each of the cpc small and large crown chips I can send you if you’d like.

From memory they were slightly warped in transit, and I’ve got to hunt them down since my house move, but they are yours if you want them.
If I remember I’ll take comparison pictures next to TRK/Paulsons

Appreciate it Mike but it won't be necessary. I'm just hoping they're as thick as normal CPC chips. TRKs are too thin for my liking.

Appreciate it Mike but it won't be necessary. I'm just hoping they're as thick as normal CPC chips. TRKs are too thin for my liking.
From memory it was the same thickness as my other cpc chips (noting that all cpc chips have some thickness variation). I’ll see if I can find them on my way home and snap a picture.

That is really cool of you @navels ! I am betting a mid/late January timing is probably better for me. Holiday and work travels make a 2 day turnaround not likely in December.

limiting this to CONUS for now so that it is quick and cheap for everyone. but if I'm not understanding shipping to/from Hawaii let me know, I don't really remember how much it costs and whether there is a delay getting through customs, etc.

limiting this to CONUS for now so that it is quick and cheap for everyone. but if I'm not understanding shipping to/from Hawaii let me know, I don't really remember how much it costs and whether there is a delay getting through customs, etc.

Pretty sure USPS SFRB is still the same price to both Alaska and Hawaii.

We are the 50th State :cool:

They're awesome, thanks for doing this Lee! Took some amateur photos of the chip stack heights (15x) as you can see they're slightly thicker than the Money Tree $5s and noticeably thicker than the Pick Hobson $5s.
IMG_0695.jpg

Also took a picture of them all spread out with the TRKs that I own to get a better idea of the colors (some scrown samples excluded due to space). Probably should have done one TRK at a time (no definitely should have) but didn't have time and now the Pats are on.
IMG_0696.jpg

Finally some weight comparison of the chips (all with 5 chips). The Pick Hobson weight isn't readable but says 63.61g.
IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg
IMG_0703.jpg
IMG_0702.jpg
IMG_0701.jpg

Will be sending out to @Potsie1 tomorrow morning!

They look great! I really just wanted to feel a stack of scrowns more than anything. I'm sort of in love with the mold. Just the right amount of texture.

Here they are next to my A-Mold sample set.

Attachments

• AE9EDFD6-8C79-4192-8B0F-F84B67C2A0DE.jpeg
    AE9EDFD6-8C79-4192-8B0F-F84B67C2A0DE.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 140
@Davism72, I'm down the list a bit, but I can't wait to get my hands on a whole stack of them!

I've got a single scrown, along with a complete A-mold color sample, and shuffle stacks of lcrown, jockey, circle square, and E&C, and just a few HHR's. Lcrowns are too smooth, E&C's are way too rough, and A-mold, jockey, and HHR's are nice, but feel just a little too textured for my liking. The scrown and circle square seem about perfect.

Also, do the scrowns appear to be just a hair smaller in diameter than the A-molds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom