Found CPC custom set w/CSQ 1" inlay? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightyWon

Straight
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking to buy a sample of someone's CPC set where the mold is CSQ with a 1" inlay.

I've read various threads and reviews of 1" in CSQ seem pretty evenly mixed.

I have CSQ samples in 7/8" but considering 1" for my customs. Before I take that risk, though, I'd like to feel/see them in person.

Anyone willing to sell a few 1" inlay CSQs?

Last edited:
You might be best off either 1) just emailing David and asking if he has any laying around, and/or 2) identifying a set that has 1" on CSQ and specifically searching that out. FWIW Pillage & Plunder is the only one I am aware of.

You might be best off either 1) just emailing David and asking if he has any laying around, and/or 2) identifying a set that has 1" on CSQ and specifically searching that out. FWIW Pillage & Plunder is the only one I am aware of.
Thanks, was starting to wonder if it was a unicorn. I'll give this a go.

Thanks, was starting to wonder if it was a unicorn. I'll give this a go.

Definitely email David at CPC. He may have some laying around. Also if you can't find any Pillage & Plunder, perhaps message the set creator and see if you can borrow a couple error chips to check them out. I did that when creating my set and want to see some specific shaped inlays.

Definitely email David at CPC. He may have some laying around. Also if you can't find any Pillage & Plunder, perhaps message the set creator and see if you can borrow a couple error chips to check them out. I did that when creating my set and want to see some specific shaped inlays.
Excellent tips, thank you!

they are, i confirmed.

personally, i would NOT recommend using 1" inlays on CSQ. the inlays line up perfectly with the mold, so that creates a lip and the overlay has no clay around it. i was able to easily peel an overlay off with just a fingernail.

they are, i confirmed.

personally, i would NOT recommend using 1" inlays on CSQ. the inlays line up perfectly with the mold, so that creates a lip and the overlay has no clay around it. i was able to easily peel an overlay off with just a fingernail.
Thanks for the tip on chateau de noix tournament, another good lead!

I'd read that about 1" inlay CSQ but I really like the look, hence this thread. It's basically rule #1 for CPCs, right? Get samples.

CPC_CSQ-Chateau-de-noix_01.jpg

CPC_CSQ-Chateau-de-noix_02.jpg

Looking for these? I can sell them if you want. One of the best sets ever made on the CSQ mold, with 1" inlay.

Have not seen any issues w/ 1" inserts being too big. I love big inlays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom