CPC Color Palette Rated by Usefulness (1 Viewer)

I tried and tried and cannot honestly identify any texture difference. Since you have some, run a quick test. Blind shuffle 50/50, half DG Saturn, half some other unweighted color. needs to be same mold obviously.

See if you can sort them, blind, with any sort of accuracy.

Wait a minute! What is this "sort them blind" madness all about? Looking at them is the worst part lol. I'll just shuffle two different colored stacks 50/50 while looking at them. Then, I will demonstrate an uncanny ability to sort them into desirable and undesirable stacks. Guaranteed, or your money back!

Wait a minute! What is this "sort them blind" madness all about? Looking at them is the worst part lol. I'll just shuffle two different colored stacks 50/50 while looking at them. Then, I will demonstrate an uncanny ability to sort them into desirable and undesirable stacks. Guaranteed, or your money back!
Yusssss... Prime contentttttt

Dg Saturn isn’t my favorite color, I much prefer Dg Yellow in most circumstances. I have visual proof that it can be used in a fantastic chip though....

20161106_183557.jpg

This is my exact struggle trying to put together my set with all 1/4 pies. Would a 1/4 with half weighted and half non-weighted be/look/feel weird?

What about a mix of some chips with only DG and some with DG and weighted? It’s hard to get a feel for it with only the sample chips.

doesn’t feel or look weird at all. My Nirvana chips have a mix, and they’re fantastic.

Dg Saturn isn’t my favorite color, I much prefer Dg Yellow in most circumstances. I have visual proof that it can be used in a fantastic chip though....

View attachment 484276
Agreed. I had my spot as one of the yellows almost until the time I submitted my order... very happy I switched to DG Saturn.

B6D5FA34-F49B-49A8-B6A3-2167A440B10A.jpeg

My T1000 on the other hand (maroon base, Saturn 814) I’ve been itching to change since I got them. Don’t like it at all

It's not a colour i would usually choose, as in my opinion it looks like crap more often than not, but I've definitely seen it used well a number of times as spots, see the chips by @Chippy McChiperson and @Ronoh above.

These 25ks by @Mr Tree even have saturn as a base and look awesome.
Screenshot_20200702_102611.jpg

That being said I considered them as a spot in my upcoming CPC order and completely bottled it and went with DG yellow instead lol

Agreed. I had my spot as one of the yellows almost until the time I submitted my order... very happy I switched to DG Saturn.

View attachment 484278

My T1000 on the other hand (maroon base, Saturn 814) I’ve been itching to change since I got them. Don’t like it at all
One of my all time favorites. So much so I've mocked up plenty of chips using the same colors.

I was challenging your assertion that they feel worse

The saturation in DG Sat isn’t the best, but it’s as close to lime as you can get, and lime can do a lot. Your quarter pie white-on-white bounty used lime accent on the inlay quite well.

Useful color

IMO, alot of dayglos don't work as a base, since without the flakes in the clay, it can come off really plastic-ish. DayGlo Saturn and Bright white do this badly.

interesting, I don't think I've seen this take on bright white before. i chose it as a base for 2 different chips actually (both my highest cash and tournament denom, so if it's a disaster, at least i don't have many to replace and they'll almost never see use anyway). looking at my samples of bright white vs. DG saturn, the "plasticky" look is significantly worse in the DG saturn.

interesting, I don't think I've seen this take on bright white before. i chose it as a base for 2 different chips actually (both my highest cash and tournament denom, so if it's a disaster, at least i don't have many to replace and they'll almost never see use anyway). looking at my samples of bright white vs. DG saturn, the "plasticky" look is significantly worse in the DG saturn.
I take the wildest takes....

Bright white is better then DG Saturn. But I like the texture of White over Bright White. Now, spot wise... BW is way better

DG Saturn haters - curious what temperature lighting you use. The color does look awful in the 2700-3500 range but if you take in daylight or 4500+ indoor it makes a big difference

DG Saturn haters - curious what temperature lighting you use. The color does look awful in the 2700-3500 range but if you take in daylight or 4500+ indoor it makes a big difference
Interesting. Time to try this out!

Indirect sunlight from my samples. It looks horribly, terribly, ugly in its natural state

Freshly oiled, here's my ranking

View attachment 486135

One of the biggest takeaways from this thread should be the massive impacts of lighting, camera, and monitor on color presentation because on my end it looks like there are at least five different chips that could be DG Arc Yellow.

As to the substance of the choices, I have to wonder about how some red permutation does not hit the top ten.

One of the biggest takeaways from this thread should be the massive impacts of lighting, camera, and monitor on color presentation because on my end it looks like there are at least five different chips that could be DG Arc Yellow.

As to the substance of the choices, I have to wonder about how some red permutation does not hit the top ten.

One could argue pink is a permutation of red, but I won't. The real reason is that there are ten better more useful colors. Btw i had pink as the least useful color because I don't see why anyone would ever use it when dg pink is so much better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom