CPC Atlantic Club unboxing (1 Viewer)

SirKev

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Super excited about these chips I just received. Only took 4 days from ordering to my doorstep. I made a video but bummed I can’t post it on here. It only let me put the pics up.

Anywho, what do you guys think of my new chips?

Attachments

• 63E6D789-6BDC-4C61-A354-38F2748FB078.jpeg
    63E6D789-6BDC-4C61-A354-38F2748FB078.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 211
  • C82268D0-E0C3-43EF-B0AA-E98E8A5F2799.jpeg
    C82268D0-E0C3-43EF-B0AA-E98E8A5F2799.jpeg
    288.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 9129EDC1-FA67-45EB-948F-6151234A5FAB.jpeg
    9129EDC1-FA67-45EB-948F-6151234A5FAB.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 180
  • B1D0AE93-E665-4A4F-A475-F70BC544ED07.jpeg
    B1D0AE93-E665-4A4F-A475-F70BC544ED07.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 52FA67B2-AF0C-4985-A6DB-A9C023A1764C.jpeg
    52FA67B2-AF0C-4985-A6DB-A9C023A1764C.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 192
A few more.

Attachments

• 0F93B3B2-60F4-4F05-BEC8-3CE5A8880E86.jpeg
    0F93B3B2-60F4-4F05-BEC8-3CE5A8880E86.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 101
  • 0017A62E-B263-4B25-896D-CC6394FDBFCE.jpeg
    0017A62E-B263-4B25-896D-CC6394FDBFCE.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 103
  • B9DAF28E-24EE-4464-81E6-8675B9FB8103.jpeg
    B9DAF28E-24EE-4464-81E6-8675B9FB8103.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 108
I thought I would like the 5K’s the least but once I opened them up they are fabulous. The bananas are the ones that surprised me the most though. The off white 25K the least. I haven’t oiled these yet but can’t imagine how they will all pop once I do. Should I oil the entire chip or just the edges? What says you guys?

Beautiful!
If you really want to make the colors come alive, they need a little oil. A couple drops of mineral oil on the corner of a cloth, wipe down the edges of a stack of 10 or 20 , then wipe off with a different cloth , while wiping the faces. The faces don’t need extra oil, just the little that came off the edges.
Enjoy!

Nice set, congrats. If those 43mm’s don’t sit nicely in the racks I wouldn’t place other full racks on top of them. You may damage them over time. Either get a 43mm rack or put them on top.
Most definitely, I didn’t see that. CPC clay is soft…a sharp corner with weight on it will leave a mark in no time.

Beautiful!
If you really want to make the colors come alive, they need a little oil. A couple drops of mineral oil on the corner of a cloth, wipe down the edges of a stack of 10 or 20 , then wipe off with a different cloth , while wiping the faces. The faces don’t need extra oil, just the little that came off the edges.
Enjoy!
Thank you Colquhoun. Will do.

Nice set, congrats. If those 43mm’s don’t sit nicely in the racks I wouldn’t place other full racks on top of them. You may damage them over time. Either get a 43mm rack or put them on top.
Yea agreed! Putting them on top until I get some 44mm trays. Thanks

:rolleyes:

This is highly unlikely. Everyone thinks that stacking chips in racks is going to damage the chips underneath, but a properly fitting rack will at most see a chip carry the weight of four chips on it (assuming it's in the bottom rack of a stack of five).

An individual rack feels heavy when you carry it because you are holding all 100 chips. That weight is spread evenly over the chips below it, again with well fitting racks.

It's a very simple study in spreading a load.

I've had thousands of chips, ASM/CPC and Paulson that I have stored in racks in cages (to keep the dust off) for well over a decade and have yet to see a chip that has suffered damage by being stored in racks and stacked racks. Every time I see someone say "don't store chips in stacked racks, you'll damege the ones underneath", I just want to scream.

:rolleyes:

This is highly unlikely. Everyone thinks that stacking chips in racks is going to damage the chips underneath, but a properly fitting rack will at most see a chip carry the weight of four chips on it (assuming it's in the bottom rack of a stack of five).

An individual rack feels heavy when you carry it because you are holding all 100 chips. That weight is spread evenly over the chips below it, again with well fitting racks.

It's a very simple study in spreading a load.

I've had thousands of chips, ASM/CPC and Paulson that I have stored in racks in cages (to keep the dust off) for well over a decade and have yet to see a chip that has suffered damage by being stored in racks and stacked racks. Every time I see someone say "don't store chips in stacked racks, you'll damege the ones underneath", I just want to scream.
You did see this in the photo, correct?
F98041A5-ECE1-4747-8A52-52058EDEC64F.jpeg
I stand by the opinion that damage will occur over time stacking 4 high with rack corners in the sides of 43mm chips.
Still worth the angry emoji?

You did see this in the photo, correct?
View attachment 1067187I stand by the opinion that damage will occur over time stacking 4 high with rack corners in the sides of 43mm chips.
Still worth the angry emoji?
My apologies. I missed that photo. Agreed that this ^^ is a very bad idea.

I see so many posts with people freaking about storing chips in racks, this is almost a Pavlovian response for me any more.

Most definitely, I didn’t see that. CPC clay is soft…a sharp corner with weight on it will leave a mark in no time.
I was always under the impression that CPC chips were harder than Paulsons. While Paulsons are prone to flea bites I thought CPCs are more durable? I don't own any CPCs so you probably have more experience than me.
Either way I agree that heavy weight and sharp corners are not a good idea.

I was always under the impression that CPC chips were harder than Paulsons. While Paulsons are prone to flea bites I thought CPCs are more durable? I don't own any CPCs so you probably have more experience than me.
Either way I agree that heavy weight and sharp corners are not a good idea.
They do feel harder, and maybe they dont wear as fast, I'm not sure.
However, they can warp easier when exposed to heat. I remember posts from a while back , people were worried about shipping during the summer months, and the danger of them sitting on the front stoop in the heat too long after being delivered.
I've also seen reports that you could flatten CPCs without heating them up like Paulsons. Just the clamp overnight was sufficient.

They do feel harder, and maybe they dont wear as fast, I'm not sure.
However, they can warp easier when exposed to heat. I remember posts from a while back , people were worried about shipping during the summer months, and the danger of them sitting on the front stoop in the heat too long after being delivered.
I've also seen reports that you could flatten CPCs without heating them up like Paulsons. Just the clamp overnight was sufficient.
Interesting. So these chips would not be idea for playing poker poolside/outside in direct sunlight in the middle of summer. Got it!

So I have a set of Tiki Kings (ceramics) and there is no breaking those. I have young nieces and nephews and these work great with them. I also have a set of Pharoah’s (china clays) and they have held up just fine with plenty of action. I did manage to break one but I did so intentionally as I was trying to put a lot of pressure on them (as well as the Tiki’s). The Pharoah cracked under a lot of pressure. It was a Green $25. I crazy glued it back and threw it back in the pile. Till this day no one including myself have been able to spot the repaired $25.

Needless to say at over 3 times the cost, I will not be trying to intentionally put pressure on the Atlantic Club. They do seem of a superior clay quality and feel compared to the other two and have no VOC smell as the china clays do. However, they do seem more fragile at the same time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 56
China "clays" are more plastic than clays.
Overall, you'll be really happy with these chips, good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom