COVID-19 (Corona virous) and your home game? (1 Viewer)

I admire you (seriously). You Still think you can convince this guy that treats science as a religion - > "i just dont believe it"
You can never make anyone change their religion....
I've said this before in other threads: you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

@SpaceMonkey420, you are trying to INTIMIDATE us with cleverly cropped memes! But as I once learnted on the internets:
Screenshot_20210923-203013_Gallery.jpg

Crazy hat day at a WPT event final tiable. Just a lil tv interview for the viewers. God bless the USA.

This guys mask is awesome. I’d wear that. https://fb.watch/8daKEziZhq/
Because the people you should seek guidance from in a global pandemic are not healthcare professionals but painters who enjoy dressing up to dazzle their audience.
I guess it's all about showmanship.

Don’t bother. This fool is just here for the attention. The more you pay, the more that will be asked.

For the past 20+ years, the modus operandi of the online world was to just ignore anyone spouting stupid, dangerous or inflammatory things.
I think it's the biggest mistake we've made so far involving the internet.

I wonder who bought him those BVD's

BVD is/was a brand of men's underwear. This is a lyric in the C+C Music factory song Things That Make You Go Hmm
I thought BVD was mentioned in Mowtownphilly also until I realized they were saying BBD and talking about Bell Biv Devoe. :oops:

Because the people you should seek guidance from in a global pandemic are not healthcare professionals but painters who enjoy dressing up to dazzle their audience.
I guess it's all about showmanship.
I thought it was chippers with silly love names on a cool forum. No wonder some of you are confused. Sorry don’t agree here officerlove it, regardless if the insults hit my appearance or how cool you collection of chips is. No thank you but feel free to keep that love joy coming, and I’ll feel free to exercise my rights, and freedom of speech towards my beliefs.
30B7BC8D-F37B-4973-9F8F-EBD5B7CCB676.png

Last edited:
Don’t bother. This fool is just here for the attention. The more you pay, the more that will be asked.
Good one. That’s almost English feel free to keep the checks coming! I have taken in thousands this week alone. PayPal also accepted.

Last edited:
I thought it was chippers with silly love names on a cool forum. No wonder some of you are confused. Sorry don’t agree here officerlove it, regardless if the insults hit my appearance or how cool you collection of chips is. No thank you but feel free to keep that love joy coming, and I’ll feel free to exercise my rights, and freedom of speech towards my beliefs.
View attachment 783028
I was talking about the video that you linked. You know, the painter in his hazmat suit.
No insult intended here although I disagree with most of the points you made in this thread. ;)

Booked a $600 win in last night's $1/$2 NLHE game.

Inquired about Dave's health. One of the players called him over the weekend. His fever has broken, but he is still exhausted. I asked about the rest of his family. Dave didn't tell the other player that they too had Covid.

I am going to give him a call this weekend.

Booked a $600 win in last night's $1/$2 NLHE game.

Inquired about Dave's health. One of the players called him over the weekend. His fever has broken, but he is still exhausted. I asked about the rest of his family. Dave didn't tell the other player that they too had Covid.

I am going to give him a call this weekend.
My boss got COVID-19 while in India on a personal trip. Everyone recovered but he was wiped out for months afterwards. Hopefully he doesn't have any long-tail symptoms. If he does, he hasn't opened up to me about them.

Continuation of post #772, page 26.

Tonight was Dave's first night back since catching Covid. He was suppose to play last week, but cancelled due to exhaustion. He described himself as 90% recovered. The fatigue is sticking with him, but he is doing better.

Dave looked awfully pallid. Wouldn't really recognize him based on his complexion. His oxygen saturation level dropped to 93, but he refused admission to the hospital. He is 5 pounds lighter, but doesn't appear to have lost any weight.

His oldest son is one of the starting five on his high school's varsity team. He recently played his first game since catching Covid. He lasted 12 minutes and told the coach that he had to sit down. His father thought he was suffering from cramps or dehydration. When asked, his son told him he was having difficulty breathing. The coach asked him after halftime if he wanted to play, but he declined.

According to Dave, the rest of his family is fine.

Larry has made a full recovery.

Last edited:

Tonight was Dave's first night back since catching Covid. He was suppose to play last week, but cancelled due to exhaustion. He described himself as 90% recovered. The fatigue is sticking with him, but he is doing better.

Dave looked awfully pallid. Wouldn't really recognize him based on his complexion. His oxygen saturation level dropped to 93, but he refused admission to the hospital. He is 5 pounds lighter, but doesn't appear to have lost any weight.

His oldest son is one of the starting five on his high school's varsity team. He recently played his first game since catching Covid. He lasted 12 minutes and told the coach that he had to sit down. His father thought he was suffering from cramps or dehydration. When asked, his son told him he was having difficulty breathing. The coach asked him after halftime if he wanted to play, but he declined.

Thank you for sharing and raising awareness.

I'm glad they're doing better, but I'm very worried about the calls Dave is making concerning his health and his family's. Hope it all gets better soon.

Dave didn't play last week due to his son's sports schedule. He did join us last night. He looked really healthy and alert, with every hair in place. Glad to see he has made a full recovery. His son quit the basketball team because of the school's requirement that students participating in indoor sports wear a mask. He is still on the soccer team, and according to Dave he has regained his stamina.

I did overhear Dave tell another player that his wife is telling people (presumably her family?) that they should take precautions not to catch Covid.

He booked a good win and on his way out the door he squeezed my shoulders, telling the new players at the table that this was his first decent win since I joined the group.

We have diverging views when it come to our politics, (which we never discuss), nonetheless, Dave is a stand up guy, devoted to his family and loyal to the people closest to him. He took Elton's place as host when Elton passed away. When the game moves back to his place this winter, he will be whipping up delicious meals on par with the finest dining establishments in the area.

Hero recognizes he is lucky to have landed a seat in a game with such a rich history, with a host of Dave's caliber. Hopefully, Hero will continue to be a part of that history for years to come.

Last edited:
Dave is a stand up guy, devoted to his family and loyal to the people closest to him.
This rings true with most people that have issues with masks or vaccinations. Good normal people, except for the one single issue that cost people their lives.

It was also said of Jeffrey Dahmer.

This rings true with most people that have issues with masks or vaccinations. Good normal people, except for the one single issue that cost people their lives.

It was also said of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Some people don't have that sense of connection about protecting others. It is unfortunate to take that lack of consciousness to an extreme end where being asked to wear a mask is an assault on our liberty, but thanks to social media and news bubbles, that is the age we live in.

We all know the saying: "there are no guarantees in life," the same is true about our health. We lost a member in our group to leukemia this year. One empty seat is enough. I am glad to see Dave is doing well.

... It is unfortunate to take that lack of consciousness to an extreme end where being asked to wear a mask is an assault on our liberty, but thanks to social media and news bubbles, that is the age we live in.
OK here's my conspiracy theory - this whole refocusing of mask wearing and vaccines "being an assault on our liberty" is some kind of nation-state attack.

The virus doesn't care about liberty. The virus doesn't care about politics. This is science. And math. And logic.

Who is behind this "refocusing"? What is their motive? Why are so many people being so illogical on this one point?

This is science. And math. And logic.

When confronting the uneducated, and those who refuse to be educated, these concepts will always lose to an emotional argument. Even when that emotional argument is a bald-faced lie, there are those that would rather believe the lie rather than admit they are wrong.

Vaccine mandate just hit my company due to an OSHA rules update.

"Accordingly, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment [...] by January 4, 2022."

Crazy! I don't expect it to affect my small group, but my boss is not vaccinated and has claimed he's vaccine-agnostic. However, his wife is an anti-vaxxer, so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. He has 3 kids, so I suspect at most he'll try to find another job, and at least he'll just get the vaccine.

Trying an on-topic post:

I had my first home game in over a year on Saturday. Prior to the event when I texted people asking if they were double vaccinated (without [yet] openly stipulating that they needed to be if they wanted to play), all 22 responded that they were! Most even responded like "Of course, what do you take me for???". (My favorite response was "Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?")

I expected this from the majority, but I was pleasantly surprised that not even a single one made a fuss about me asking or vaccinations in general.

There are of course anti-vaxxers in Sweden as well, but I get the feeling that we have less of them percentage wise than some other countries.

Now if they could just invent a vaccine against spewing off your chiplead on pointless stone cold bluffs...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom