Couple of questions on Modia(no!) decks (1 Viewer)

Ah OK, I didn't even notice they were still wrapped lol

Need a little help with cards identification, guys. Don't want to start another thread just for that so hopefully somone looking here will have the answer:

No clue if the below cards are Dal Negros or not. Based on the face of the :ah: they could possibly be Dal Negros. However, there is no branding on it, for one, and the printing is just a tad bolder than the Dal Negros below. Also, the top of the A is flatter, so not quite the same font. Maybe some sort of Cartamundi? That face with no branding seems to suggest that...

Maybe based on the back design you guys can identify the cards? It is in a Fournier Congress case btw...

This is the set up I'm looking for some clarity on:

View attachment 762251View attachment 762252

Those are some Dal Negros for comparison:

View attachment 762253View attachment 762254

I'm gonna tag a few folks here, my apologies if I'm bothering you: @JMC9389 @CdnBeerLover @Geremie @Thomacetti @pokerplayingpisces @surfik

And I think @Old State owns (or used to own) the cards I'm trying to identify.
I don’t think they’re DN. AFAIK, all DN cards have their logo on the Ace of Hearts.
They kind of look like Kem, but I can’t recall that back. I do remember back when I first started upgrading from paper cards and plastic chips, there being a lot of (knock-off) Kems selling on eBay.
Like @Irish mentioned, the only way to be for sure is to open them up, and look at the Ace of Spades.

I don’t think they’re DN. AFAIK, all DN cards have their logo on the Ace of Hearts.
They kind of look like Kem, but I can’t recall that back. I do remember back when I first started upgrading from paper cards and plastic chips, there being a lot of (knock-off) Kems selling on eBay.
Like @Irish mentioned, the only way to be for sure is to open them up, and look at the Ace of Spades.

I have just (finally) found a picture of 'em and although I also thought they might not be Dal Negros (because of the lack of branding on the :ah:, and because of the slightly different font boldness)...

Ding, ding, ding!!!

They are Dal Negros it seems:

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 10.55.48 AM.png

THANK YOU, ALL!!

Last edited:
I have just (finally) found a picture of 'em and although I also thought they might not be Dal Negros (because of the lack of branding on the :ah:, and because of the slightly different font)...

Ding, ding, ding!!!

They are Dal Negros it seems:

THANK YOU, ALL!!

Apologies for the late reply - just saw your post. Seems you have already found your answer. Just purchased them a few weeks ago from Kardwell and love them!

https://www.kardwell.com/dal-negro-circle-back-green-brown-regular

:tup:

OMG!!!! How did I miss that?!?!? LOL!!! Thank you!! I was at Kardwell's site yesterday and missed it completely. So weird...

Still right now, If I go there, under Playing Cards and check "Dal Negro", those don't show up. Weird.
You're absolutely correct - not your fault at all - they will apparently show up only if you search "Dal Negro" in the searchbar. The site is an absolute trainwreck to navigate and their customer service is beyond abysmal. I've read numerous nightmare experiences within this forum about Kardwell and have a few of my own to share as well.

You're absolutely correct - not your fault at all - they will apparently show up only if you search "Dal Negro" in the searchbar. The site is an absolute trainwreck to navigate and their customer service is beyond abysmal. I've read numerous nightmare experiences within this forum about Kardwell and have a few of my own to share as well.

Same here, for sure! I avoid that place like a plague.

Thanks again, CB!

So I was able to procure a setup of the Dal Negro that @ChaosRock was asking about. I was right, they were an exclusive print for Kardwell. Out of curiosity, I opened one deck and they are not good quality. Definitely not like their regular stock. The cards are very stiff (more so than regular stock). They also have a cheap plastic feel to them. Much different than the paper-like feel from their regular stock. The cards also had a very sticky feel to them. The pips and jokers are different. Again, it’s missing the Dal Negro markings are missing on the Ace and four of Hearts. Finally there was a defect on one of the backs, making the deck marked. Overall, I don’t recommend them. Especially considering you have to go through Kardwell to get them.
FBB761C0-EAE0-40CC-B9B0-FD4B8F018CB8.jpeg
5F710F45-1A29-44F0-9F58-F04AF72F51BF.jpeg
41D528F9-34CA-4B3E-949A-B82B7BABE137.jpeg
268CECCF-1A22-4426-8682-BD719A7FA02B.jpeg
D798F23E-3C93-44CD-8A32-626130316DF2.jpeg
1FF53528-5392-4FB6-B6A1-DB6EA21EBF68.jpeg

So I was able to procure a setup of the Dal Negro that @ChaosRock was asking about. I was right, they were an exclusive print for Kardwell. Out of curiosity, I opened one deck and they are not good quality. Definitely not like their regular stock. The cards are very stiff (more so than regular stock). They also have a cheap plastic feel to them. Much different than the paper-like feel from their regular stock. The cards also had a very sticky feel to them. The pips and jokers are different. Again, it’s missing the Dal Negro markings are missing on the Ace and four of Hearts. Finally there was a defect on one of the backs, making the deck marked. Overall, I don’t recommend them. Especially considering you have to go through Kardwell to get them.
View attachment 767797View attachment 767798View attachment 767799View attachment 767800View attachment 767801View attachment 767802
Cool jokers though

View attachment 767797View attachment 767798View attachment 767799View attachment 767800View attachment 767801View attachment 767802
I bought these two setups from Kardwell about 5 or so years ago. They feel like an acetate rather than a PVC to me. I loved the full color art work but both decks took a bow early on so I stopped using them.

Need a little help with cards identification, guys. Don't want to start another thread just for that so hopefully somone looking here will have the answer:

No clue if the below cards are Dal Negros or not. Based on the face of the :ah: they could possibly be Dal Negros. However, there is no branding on it, for one, and the printing is just a tad bolder than the Dal Negros below. Also, the top of the A is flatter, so not quite the same font. Maybe some sort of Cartamundi? That face with no branding seems to suggest that...

Maybe based on the back design you guys can identify the cards? It is in a Fournier Congress case btw...

This is the set up I'm looking for some clarity on:

View attachment 762251View attachment 762252

Those are some Dal Negros for comparison:

View attachment 762253View attachment 762254

I'm gonna tag a few folks here, my apologies if I'm bothering you: @JMC9389 @CdnBeerLover @Geremie @Thomacetti @pokerplayingpisces @surfik
Definitely not Cartamundi.. Propobly DalNegro but I have never seen this back design.... Youneed to open one of decks and check ace of spades to be sure... Otherwise contact DalNegro

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom