Converting my Versa 500 chip case into a 600 chip case (1 Viewer)

Are there any reviews of this on PCF that show the printing?
I haven't found any reviews and don't have personal experience. For the two cases I bought last month, I uploaded a small unobtrusive graphic into their customization tool to put on the case and deleted their placeholder graphic, so I could still get the discount (15% off at the time) on the cases. When they arrived, my graphic was not actually printed on the cases.

I didn't follow up with them about it because I was fine having plain cases--easier to resell later if I didn't want them anymore (though would likely have to be a local sale since shipping these must cost a lot, not sure how chiplab can afford to offer free shipping on these, but I'm not complaining).

If anyone wants to get an equivalent case at a discount, chiplab.com is having a sale, 22% off their custom products (w/code NEWYEAR22) through Sunday, which includes their customized cases (a custom graphic can be printed on the case). The customization does not add to the cost of the case.

They sell "gunmetal" cases in 100/300/500/1000-chip sizes. The 500/1000 capacities look identical to the Versa Deluxe cases sold by DPS, Amazon, etc, while the I've only seen the 100 and (I think) 300 capacities at chiplab.com.

Their prices are as good or better than DPS, plus no tax except in Colorado, and free shipping for orders over $49!

I bought two of the 500-chip capacity cases last month and have been very happy with them!
How long does it take if you get it customized?

Note, the sale has been extended another week!

How long does it take if you get it customized?
I think it only takes a day. They have machines that print that stuff for their custom chips onsite that I assume they have similar equipment.

As I mentioned in my previous comment, something happened with my order and I didn't end up with my design printed, but I didn't mind. If you really want the design, maybe follow up after you place the order and have them confirm your design is saved in the order.

Note, the sale has been extended another week!

I think it only takes a day. They have machines that print that stuff for their custom chips onsite that I assume they have similar equipment.

As I mentioned in my previous comment, something happened with my order and I didn't end up with my design printed, but I didn't mind. If you really want the design, maybe follow up after you place the order and have them confirm your design is saved in the order.
Thanks. I think I'll just go with no design in that case. Seems like a good deal vs what the versa goes for on Amazon. Going to go ahead and pull the trigger on two.

@alecnetwoodworks

Is it possible to get inserts made that are able to accommodate a mixture of 39 and 43mm chips? For example if I wanted 500 39mm chips and 100 43mm chips to fit in the insert?

Another customization option, taking out the middle dividers with bare hands, and using 4 soft tubes
Versa Horseshoe.jpg

638 (actually 640) mint Paulsons, or 624 CPCs

Now that I've purchased two Apache 2800s (because I have a Versa 500 count and don't like the chips touching), I'm wondering if there's hope for this case yet. I would much rather be able to put a 39mm set in this case, but is sounds like I'm going to have to replace the insert?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom