GB Completed COMPLETE *NO NEW ORDERS* - 3.5" x 5.75" Mixed Game Plaques on Plastic Card Stock Group Buy (3 Viewers)

Which game should be produced as the final game plaque?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn’t want to spring for a tuck box for these things?
Seriously?
I don’t even want to open them, because then what do I do?
Anybody have any suggestions?
View attachment 700934
16212770186525091045183675887191.jpg

Could you get a quote on similar quantity of rubber bands? Might be more functional for older folks whose fingers may not be nimble enough for zip lock bags?
Never use rubber bands.

Hopefully your cards get enough use that this information will be irrelevant:

Rubber bands break down over time, leaving permanent marks on the cards they are holding. If the cards are used frequently enough, the rubber band will just break one day as you remove it, but if your cards sit idly in storage for a number of years, they will become permanently marred. I have found far too many old board games in auctions that had cards stored in rubber bands, rendered unplayable due to the deteriorating band.

I was trying to keep the number of variables down for making this happen and also trying keep the cost as low as possible. Plus I figured everyone would be creative on how to store them! I keep mine in an old bluetooth grill thermometer box LOL. I think the key ring is a great idea and should be pretty easy to do.

I considered adding tuck boxes on as a surprise for everyone using extra funds, but then the international shipping started looking like a big bogey on these and most of the generous "keep the change" offers came AFTER I placed the order. Sorry about that!

It's possible to order tuck boxes from makeplayingcards about $1 each plus shipping if someone wants to look into it. They have a bunch of other types of boxes as well.

https://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/tuckbox-large-playing-cards.html

I was trying to keep the number of variables down for making this happen and also trying keep the cost as low as possible. Plus I figured everyone would be creative on how to store them! I keep mine in an old bluetooth grill thermometer box LOL. I think the key ring is a great idea and should be pretty easy to do.

I considered adding tuck boxes on as a surprise for everyone using extra funds, but then the international shipping started looking like a big bogey on these and most of the generous "keep the change" offers came AFTER I placed the order. Sorry about that!

It's possible to order tuck boxes from makeplayingcards about $1 each plus shipping if someone wants to look into it. They have a bunch of other types of boxes as well.

Bad call

No sweat and no need to apologize.

Storing these is an afterthought and not a big deal at all.

Like others have mentioned, a clip, ring, or rubber band is just fine.

If people wanted a storage solution they could have chimed in during the planning phase and made suggestions and not quibble about it after the fact.

Thanks again for running this GB. Just more evidence how thankless running a GB can be.

Relax and don't be an asshole?
I'm being an asshole because I assumed that off-size custom cards would come with a box?
Or I'm being an asshole because I'm pointing out that it was a bad call to actually make the decision not to order boxes, so everybody could save a single buck?
I'm not bashing the guy and I'm not calling him names. I'm giving constructive criticism. Call it negative feedback if you want. It's a fair point and one that should be made, if for no other reason than the mistake isn't repeated. This guy has gotten plenty of praise from just about everybody and that's nice. If one extremely relevant comment happens to be not nice, I'm guessing we'll all survive because we're all adults.

I'm being an asshole because I assumed that off-size custom cards would come with a box?
Or I'm being an asshole because I'm pointing out that it was a bad call to actually make the decision not to order boxes, so everybody could save a single buck?
I'm not bashing the guy and I'm not calling him names. I'm giving constructive criticism. Call it negative feedback if you want. It's a fair point and one that should be made, if for no other reason than the mistake isn't repeated. This guy has gotten plenty of praise from just about everybody and that's nice. If one extremely relevant comment happens to be not nice, I'm guessing we'll all survive because we're all adults.
I'd gladly purchase your set for $1 over what you paid, sans tuck box.

I'm guessing the tone of your writing is off putting. May not be your intent.

People are praising @power13 because he deserves it - running a GB is a lot of work. But you'd have to run one to know. You don't know until you know.

I'm guessing the tone of your writing is off putting. May not be your intent.

People are praising @power13 because he deserves it - running a GB is a lot of work. But you'd have to run one to know. You don't know until you know.
No, it was intentional, and that's my bad.
Anyway, I made my point. Carry on.

"Constructive criticism" isn't constructive after a singular event is over and nothing constructive can come from it. It is just criticism.

Perhaps people would have preferred to pay an extra buck for a box. But its not their responsibility to figure out storage solutions for everyone and they certainly didn't in any way lead anyone to believe these would be coming in a box. Anyone making assumptions that miss the mark, well, that is on them. Some folks here put a lot of work into this thing for no personal gain. Let's just focus on these awesome cards.

I have a game in 4hrs and really am excited for the possibility that these are sitting in my mailbox when I get home. Thanks again @power13

Last edited:
I supported your first comment, because I thought you were just initiating a discussion on how to solve the problem.

But ASSUMING they would come with a box? That's on you.

The "Bad Call" comment? That's on you too. Strike two.

As someone else pointed out, your condescending tone outweighs any helpfulness that may (or may not) have been intended. It's not in the spirit of this community.

Not picking sides here, but @upNdown makes a valid point. It's a bit harsh, but sure, if anyone runs a group buy for cards, someone - anyone - should look into storage. It doesn't fall on @power13 shoulders, but he is the most likely target here, as he considered boxes and then decided against. It should have been at least suggested, and not immediately dismissed in an effort to save the buyers a buck.

But let's face it, when you buy chips, sometimes you get storage boxes (CPC) and sometimes you don't (everybody else). Every group buy discussion gets a handful of requests before the buy asking "will these fit in 'XYZ' racks". Sometimes the answer in known, sometimes it's not. Then the scramble occurs as people hunt for the right rack.

Again, not picking sides. This was a great endeavor. Congratulations to Power for a job well done. Was it perfect?

No.

But when was the last time you had a "perfect" order from China?

Ok children... lets just calm the hell down.

@power13 You have done a beyond awesome job with this GB. I am super fantastic happy hour excited to get these! GBs always seem like such a hassle as I have learned from the cards mold gb that @SeanGecko ran and is still running (GOD BLESS YOU BOTH).

As far as storage.. lets all just use our minds here and find some sort of tuck box or whatnot to put these things in. I am sure we can all troubleshoot and figure it out.

If I am being honest, an airtight ziplock may do the job for the time being or perhaps anyone wanting to grab a wooden one can check out @alecnetwoodworks who does some awesome work!

Cant believe I am just now finding these. I have learned so much about chips here on PCF. Now I need these to learn about everyones favorite games!

The feedback doesn't bother me FWIW. I could have sworn I said that these were coming in shrink wrap packaging but maybe I'm wrong. I definitely felt that in discussing packaging there would have been 20 different opinions on tuck vs rigid vs custom, etc. If some folks are unhappy with the final product vs. another alternative, that's totally fair. However, I don't think an expectation that the default packaging would be different is valid. And while I agree with what was said earlier - I'm a big boy and I can take it - I also think there's a more productive way to communicate that.

All that said, I do feel like a discussion of storage options is great and useful. We all have so much poker crap that we can figure it out :) For example, though I don't have many poker-sized cards I did see that these fit perfectly in a Modiano platinum two-deck setup box.

I think half the fun is finding a creative storage solution that works for you. Didn't I see a flip carousel with plastic protectors on here somewhere? That's probably what I'd go for... And if all else fails, I'll just 3D print a box for these.

Perhaps we needs to start a new thread for everyone's preferred way to store/display/use these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom