Common house fee (1 Viewer)

As a frequent player at many people's houses, let me say that I have been to all kinds of setups. I will play damn near anywhere as long as a couple things are met:
1) the people are friendly
2) the game is legit and rules are followed. Once shady things start happening, I am out.
3) no indoor smoking

Anything on top of this is awesome and well appreciated by me, but unnecessary. I bring my own food and drinks, but appreciate when a host puts on something.
Agreed. When I frequent other people's games I always offer to contribute if refreshments are provided. But I find the groups I enjoy playing with the most always decline as what goes around comes around.

f you try to get creative with the rake, you're only lying to yourself, you're not going to be able to skirt the law. I've found it better to put both feet on the side of the line you want to be on.

Take a rake, own it. Don't take a rake, eat all costs.

People ack like there are two reasons to take a rake, the honorable 'food and cost' and the low-down 'entertainment', like one is better than the other. Its the same thing as 'Loki's Wager', or being an accomplice to a crime, you are breaking the law. - full stop
Well said. In the few tourneys we host each year, we do keep a small portion of the entry fee to cover the food and drink spread (usually 10%). Depending on the number of people that actually show up, this usually puts the host in the hole for a good portion of it. Not saying right or wrong, just how we do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom