CLOSED: GROUP BUY - US & CANADA - Angel Cards - Club Poker - Bridge/Jumbo (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: It's not a pretty one. I'm pretty frustrated with DHL...surprised that no blood vessels were shot during the call with them. Got a notice last night that "package 2b" was delivered. Nothing at my front door...no one even came into my driveway yesterday. I called this morning and they were adamant that it was delivered. I asked for confirmation of who signed for the package and they said it was marked as delivered. That's cool...signature required and none given and the package still dropped off somewhere...is this an easter egg hunt?!?

Now they are putting a trace on where the driver was when the package was marked delivered. They suspect that it was delivered to the wrong address. If so, they will attempt to recover the package from the place it was delivered to.

How do you lose 2 of 3 packages that are tracked and require signature? Doesn't make any sense. So much wasted time trying to get an answer from these fools. A side note, they seem to have lost my Modiano Alpha package as well (no tracking on that package though --- sent July 6th --- pretty much given up on that one).

So, if DHL doesn't pull off a miracle, I'm going to ship out the remaining 49 decks in box 2a. That said, I'll need some volunteers who are good with waiting potentially 2-3 weeks for yet another Amazon shipment. Only caveat is that the total setups need to equal 11.

Options:
1) @TheBigTater 6 & @Sea Vulture 5
2) @TheBigTater 6 & @RichMahogany / @RocAFella1 3 & @Cord 2
3) @TheBigTater 6 & @RichMahogany / @RocAFella1 3 & @tabletalker7 2

4-6) @ChaosRock replaces TheBigTater in 1-3
7-9) @EnjoyLife / @jja412 replaces TheBigTater in 1-3

This is probably the worst group buy ever. I'm really sorry to everyone who is still waiting for their decks. I need to find a way to make this up to everyone.

Hang in there. Stuff happens. People don’t always give the GB organizer enough credit for the amount of effort It takes to make things happen, and time for repacking and shipping etc. It’s a selfless act. I’m sure people will be patient when they understand this.

Does DHL take photos of packages delivered at doors? Perhaps you can find the door it was delivered to.

Hang in there. Stuff happens. People don’t always give the GB organizer enough credit for the amount of effort It takes to make things happen, and time for repacking and shipping etc. It’s a selfless act. I’m sure people will be patient when they understand this.

Does DHL take photos of packages delivered at doors? Perhaps you can find the door it was delivered to.
They do take photos when authorized to leave a delivery at the door, but they didn’t take one this time. Apparently, they can determine the exact coordinates of the handheld when the shipment was marked delivered so they will know where it was delivered...but getting the package back may be difficult. We’ll see what happens in a couple days.

They do take photos when authorized to leave a delivery at the door, but they didn’t take one this time. Apparently, they can determine the exact coordinates of the handheld when the shipment was marked delivered so they will know where it was delivered...but getting the package back may be difficult. We’ll see what happens in a couple days.
I used to have problems with Amazon delivering my packages. Situations just like this, where they said it was delivered but obviously wasn't. Then I introduced the Amazon guy to my video camera system. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has gone wrong with a delivery since. Now when can I get that damn UPS guy here ..................... :)

I'm also good with whatever. No immediate rush. Delays are fine, as long as they eventually get there :)

If it’s okay, I’d like to receive mine, or at least one set up. I have a dealer friend and have been talking to him about these cards and are anxious to get them in play. If necessary, I can wait, but my preference is to get at least one set up. I think I hyped thrm too much, lol.

I’m going to drop off box 2a at USPS tomorrow.

Thanks @TheBigTater and @jja412 / @EnjoyLife for waiting for box 3.

DHL is still trying to coordinate the recovery ... seems like their head is still stuck in their ass ... why does it take 3 days to coordinate going back to the address you dropped it off at? Also, they’re not allowed to give me the address so I could just go myself because of security and confidentiality reasons.

I’ll have to get Amazon to launch a claim with DHL if it is declared lost, get a refund, then reorder.

I’m not sure if I should post this in a public forum, but I was stopped at the border yesterday and denied entry. Tried to use the visiting family angle but apparently visiting an aunt is not on the approved list.

So, I have the decks with me back in Canada. I can mail them from here but the larger quantities will attract a bigger differential in USPS vs Canada Post costs than the 1&2 setups.

Alternatively, I can wait until the border restrictions ease and I can take them across.

I’ll send out individual PMs tomorrow to those in Box 2a.

We need to have a talk with CBP here

I can only say this because my cards are scheduled for deliver today, and @Geremie cannot cancel my order. :p

1601930804942.gif

Update: The recovery attempts by DHL were unsuccessful and they have changed the status of the package from delivered to lost. I have sent a message to the vendor to inform them that they need to start a claim with the carrier and issue a refund.

I will reorder the lost set-ups and hopefully once received I’ll be able to close everything off shortly thereafter.

Thanks to everyone for being extremely patient with this group buy. I wish there was something I could have done to make this smoother.

Update: The recovery attempts by DHL were unsuccessful and they have changed the status of the package from delivered to lost. I have sent a message to the vendor to inform them that they need to start a claim with the carrier and issue a refund.

I will reorder the lost set-ups and hopefully once received I’ll be able to close everything off shortly thereafter.

Thanks to everyone for being extremely patient with this group buy. I wish there was something I could have done to make this smoother.

Thanks @Geremie you've gone waaaaay above & beyond on this GB. :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom