Cleaning the Horseshoes by hand (1 Viewer)

I've been cleaning my HS Cincinnati's by first soaking them in warm soapy dawn water for about 3 minutes. I then use a toothbrush or sponge to clean off the dirt and grime, depending on how dirty the chip is. The process seems to be going very well, but after I soak the $5s, the water turns pinkish-red. This doesn't seem to happen to the other chips. Has anyone else experienced this and how concerned do you think I should be?
I'm doing the same thing this week. Yep, some red in the water but they look fine. Have you cleaned any 25s yet? I am noticing the hat&cane logos seem to get some other shade. Maybe oiling will help?

I'm doing the same thing this week. Yep, some red in the water but they look fine. Have you cleaned any 25s yet? I am noticing the hat&cane logos seem to get some other shade. Maybe oiling will help?
I've cleaned the 25s, but the water didn't seem to turn green the way it turned red with the 5s. The hat&cane is definitely the hardest part to clean. I'm hoping the oiling will help when I'm finished cleaning.

Had to magic eraser 300 HS Cin $1's yesterday. Scrubbing after a short soak in oxyclean didn't take the red stain off the white chips. The white is absolutely bright now though, and I'll very lightly oil to make them feel less dry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom