Cleaning B&G chips (1 Viewer)

ballefrans

Two Pair
Reaction score
Recently bought a set of b&g plastics but found that cleaning them the way I clean paulsons just washed out the colors on the one test cleaning I did.

How do you clean them without scrubbing the colors away?

Oil on plastic chips? Really? Any before and after pics?
The top one was in the same condition as the bottom one before oiling
20200920_012840.jpg

E/ Obviously the plastic does not absorb the oil, so it is necessary to wipe off the excess.

So if plastic does not absorb oil then why oil them? Excuse my ignorance but this is my first set og b&gs.

So if plastic does not absorb oil then why oil them? Excuse my ignorance but this is my first set og b&gs.
It's indeed common to say that you should not / do not need to oil plastics, which is partly true.

Except that here we are talking about B&G that falls into the latter category, but totally different from a usual plastic chip.

May I ask what B&G chips do you have?

From my experience with BG's, oil is mainly used to give some shine to the chip. As you can see on the picture above, the scratches disappear, the surface becomes smoother. The oil leaves a kind of micro-film on the surface, so it is necessary to wipe well with absorbent paper, this step is crucial if you do not want to leave marks and make the tokens sticky, which would be the opposite of the desired effect.

And, B&G's are not slippery (even oiled), unlike any other "plastic" manufacturer.

It's indeed common to say that you should not / do not need to oil plastics, which is partly true.

Except that here we are talking about B&G that falls into the latter category, but totally different from a usual plastic chip.

May I ask what B&G chips do you have?

From my experience with BG's, oil is mainly used to give some shine to the chip. As you can see on the picture above, the scratches disappear, the surface becomes smoother. The oil leaves a kind of micro-film on the surface, so it is necessary to wipe well with absorbent paper, this step is crucial if you do not want to leave marks and make the tokens sticky, which would be the opposite of the desired effect.

And, B&G's are not slippery (even oiled), unlike any other "plastic" manufacturer.
Snapchat-1992817616.jpg

Thanks for the long reply! Theese are my chips

So turns out oiling b&g chips really works. Thanks for all the replys.

Attachments

• IMG_20220414_141349.jpg
    IMG_20220414_141349.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20220414_142005.jpg
    IMG_20220414_142005.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 103

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom