Cleaned Fracs (1 Viewer)

Nice job on the cleanup David. Did you use a lower temp on the ultrasonic? I tested a really poor condition hot stamped frac in my ultrasonic and after only 60 sec had some foil disruption without much cleaning effect. Went with hot water/Dawn/toothbrush technique instead for the rest.

I will send you a detailed breakdown of what I have via PM...I need to take a more detailed inventory my similarly mish-mashed El Cortez/Sams Town mix, but I also have a few that need to be culled out. Sitting at 190, need 10 to finish second rack but I also I have about 10 chips that your culled chips would be an upgrade on.
If you find a trade in there somewhere I will work you out a heck of a deal so you end up with 10 extra to complete your rack

5) Quality/condition of hotstamp before cleaning. (example - if there's a lot of surface dirt on the face of the chip to begin with then the foil on the hotstamp may be more likely to come off along with the dirt, or have some degradation of the hotstamp.)

I’ve found this to be crucial. If the stamps are already discolored/flaking, the TSP seems to be able to penetrate them and degrade them quite a bit. If they are in excellent, intact condition, I’ve not found that a light, warm bath and agitation does any visible harm. (Note: I’ve not done this with ultrasonic, just bath/salad spinner agitation.)

Your mileage may vary of course.

744A3D39-38E0-4C47-A853-0D76D3ECDE6D.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom