Clay Customs other than ASM/CPC (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
How may TRK and BCC sets do you think are out there? Who here has a custom TRK or BCC set?

@toad94

There’s the Blue Ridge set - cash and tourney, and the tourney had two different line ups, one of which focused on Virgina Tech colors.

Also, wasn't there a "Red Room" set of custom TRK's? I know there was a member on CT that was near me (Greenbelt). His username started with a "J".. and had one of the last custom TRK sets.

Duy’s palace.
The one with the peppers on it that never got voted in the HOF.
I recall the pepper set now that you mention it. Lots of color matched inlays if I remember right. I really liked that set. And Duy Palace of course.

I have multiple BCC sets

Suicide Kings
Grand Tournment set
Solid Hot stamped Suicide Kings Skull set

I think that is it.

GCOP set, TFP mold.

There are GC's on flame, sun and TFP molds.

Seems like many more BCC customs were made vs TRK customs. TRK has been around longer than BCC, so did TRK offer full customs later on then?

Seeing the title of the thread and that Tommy started it rather than some brand new member had me excited that he was making an announcement about a new manufacturer of clay chips. :(

Seems like many more BCC customs were made vs TRK customs. TRK has been around longer than BCC, so did TRK offer full customs later on then?
I think TRK chips were more expensive than BCC chips (or Paulson, back when they were publicly offered), yet TRK offered fewer options for colors, spot patterns, and mold choice. And the scrown mold wasn't very popular back then, unlike today with the renewed interest in the old-school look.

The combination of all those drove most custom orders elsewhere.

At least partly this has to be due to demographics. I started chipping almost eleven years ago, but I just missed the TRK train. I think most members did. And even when TRK was offering customs, I believe they were more expensive than ASM and BCC. I have no knowledge of how long TRK and BCC offered custom chips to the general public though.

I have custom BCC's but no TRK's.

The T.R. King history page says the company made around 3,000 custom designs for customers over 80 years.

And I wonder if that means ALL of the designs they created, not custom sets for individuals as we're thinking.

00BA30E6-A314-4D37-B257-D409DDBD6A55.jpeg
2574D67F-93AF-446B-A4FD-0CF50B6B0F12.jpeg
E8CDE736-08E0-487C-ADF0-88365CCE41BB.jpeg
D4D09F6C-F9E6-4578-AA24-1AE39C988E79.jpeg
EB55E8CA-C6E8-4C05-966B-6DE4E25AE26D.jpeg
4E220A9A-277A-4B93-83B6-CE10BAB5219A.jpeg
4A0812C3-975D-455D-9632-C757FE0BE5CC.jpeg
I know @pokerplayingpisces and @ruskba both have BCC sets.

Yes. Here’s pics of my Andy’s Palace hot stamped set, on the MGK mold!

I think TRK chips were more expensive than BCC chips (or Paulson, back when they were publicly offered), yet TRK offered fewer options for colors, spot patterns, and mold choice. And the scrown mold wasn't very popular back then, unlike today with the renewed interest in the old-school look.

The combination of all those drove most custom orders elsewhere.
This is probably what drove me to Chipco for my first custom set years ago. I was working on a TRK set right before they stopped taking orders. I just remember they were expensive, and these new ceramic chips were soooo cool..... yeah I'm a genius

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom