Giveaway Christmas Giveaway: Two Spotted Flamingo Non-Birds! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@horseshoez

Been my biggest and greatest allie in this hobby. He's helped me personally and with chips. I can't actually describe in words who this guy is, how cool he is, and how much time he gives to help others. Man's got 3 kids at home and raises an amazing family. Thanks Zaki! You are more than deserving of this.

Always ready to help me, answer questions, offer guidance, being a sounding board for me, and showing me how true friends really treat one another. It's especially true with Zaki because we have never met. So much mutual respect!

@Steppenwolf is right there behind him. Been a big supporter of all things chipping and beyond. Gifted me chips for no reason other than his heart is bigger than any I know of on PCF. Money is meaningless to the guy and I'm just so blessed I came across these 2 guys I'm mentioning.

Merry Christmas to all. All the best for a resurgent 2021.

Thanks for the show @jr8719

@horseshoez

Been my biggest and greatest allie in this hobby. He's helped me personally and with chips. I can't actually describe in words who this guy is, how cool he is, and how much time he gives to help others. Man's got 3 kids at home and raises an amazing family. Thanks Zaki! You are more than deserving of this.

Always ready to help me, answer questions, offer guidance, being a sounding board for me, and showing me how true friends really treat one another. It's especially true with Zaki because we have never met. So much mutual respect!

@Steppenwolf is right there behind him. Been a big supporter of all things chipping and beyond. Gifted me chips for no reason other than his heart is bigger than any I know of on PCF. Money is meaningless to the guy and I'm just so blessed I came across these 2 guys I'm mentioning.

Merry Christmas to all. All the best for a resurgent 2021.

Thanks for the show @jr8719

1608698441186.gif

What can I say man, blown away by your comments Nav. Been a really long time since I felt a connection to group of people via hobby, sport, etc. To be more specific, ever since I left Jordan to move back to the US. My old friends and softball league I commissioned there was the last time. That was of course up until I met the Orange County crew and you via this forum. Eternally grateful for the great friendships and that’s what fuels me to help anyway I can.

That being said, I’d like to nominate both @Jeevansluck and @Steppenwolf even though I’d technically like to add more people. I’ll keep it at those two. Chipping and outside of chipping, you guys have been as genuine as they come. I’ve shared some pretty personal stuff with both of you and they’ve always been replied to with good insight and thoughtfulness. Thank you.

I’m new here and so I haven’t had too many extensive conversations or had the opportunity to meet others in person yet, but I can nominate @TheChipRoom for offering phenomenal deals on great chips to get me hooked on the Paulson drug!

I am going to nominate @arch3r for kindly offering up chip racks for free
I am going to nominate @Geremie for sticking with the Modiano card group buy for us Canucks. He stuck with it, kept us up to date and was able to secure the cards.
Good luck to everyone and thanks for the opportunity.

This is so tough! How can you name just one? I honesty can't do it, so I won't mention anyone by name. But, in the holiday spirit, here are some examples of things people in this community have done for me in 2020, sharing in the highs and lows of chipping and life as a whole:

1) Friendship, support, listening, being vulnerable, and spending precious time, energy, money and chips for the benefit of others, including me. I especially treasure your prayers and words of encouragement for our family, the arrival and health of our son, tragic losses of loved ones, and some other pretty significant life events (like a new job);

2) Overpaying for chips, which I had previously regret selling, in order to shake them loose, just to be able to sell them to me at a much lower price (#reverseflip#);

3) Discounts/refunds on purchases, given after I had agreed to/paid a higher price;

4) Gifting/re-gifting to charities of chip sales proceeds and other gifted funds;

5) Inclusion of dealer buttons, cut cards, cappers, extra chips, COVID masks, hot sauce and other items in chip packages;

6) Running group buys and taking over responsibilities that I had signed up for;

7) Giving up closely-guarded chips to help me and my friends get what we wanted, including entire sets and missing pieces, often times at well below market prices;

8) Harvesting barrels and racks of chips for me (without asking for a finder's fee);

9) My favorite outfit for the kiddo (Daddy's Future Poker Buddy);

10) A picture frame/chip display to celebrate the birth of our son (during a poker club trip to Vegas);

11) Offering to create custom artwork to remember a loved one who passed away;

12) Invitations to events, generously hosting me and my friends, traveling together, and shared dreams of future meet-ups;

13) Becoming a chipper just to give us something fun to do together as friends;

14) Being patient, understanding, fair, kind, and trusting, forgiving my inadequacies and failures, and allowing me to play a part in your life, this hobby and our beloved chipping family.

PCF friends... I am so grateful for you!

@Steppenwolf

Jack, butt you alright or wha'? This is a well tidy giveaway!

As many have already said, this truly is a great forum, and one of the friendliest / welcoming ones I've been a member of (other than the odd bit of chopsing).
Everyone is happy to go out of their way to help chippers out and it's really great see, especially after all the BS of 2020.

A lot of members here have really helped me out whilst building my first set after moving away from Shonky chips, but I'd have no doubt in tagging @Thisfiendis138. A true gent and chip bro for sure!!

Not being funny, but other than the HS Cinci 25k and my rack of Terrible fracs, spotted Flamingo's are one of my favourite chips out there. They are lush!

Thanks, Drive!!

Collusion!
I wanna nominate @LeGold for euh...mmm...hmmm yeah...for euh being a good receiver of my enabling skillz :D

j/k...great member and awsome add-on for Team Europa ;)

I love these threads but always feel limited in nominating...so many awsome members over here (silent and less silent...some even obnoxious loud (looking at you @Josh Kifer :D joooooooooke obv.)

But the relations between Belgium and Kangerooland have never been better thanks to @Perthmike
Love our group of cards musketeers @JMC9389 & @Dix
Awsome to be part of the Protege crew with @Irish @Joe Harris @jja412 @Chipandchair @ThinkingFold @Eriks and many more...2020 was a vintage Protege year 4 sure

And many members (plenty of golden oldies) that I'm proud to call friends (not sure if it's visa versa but alas ;) @liftapint @WedgeRock @PAZ @slisk250 @abby99 @BGinGA @detroitdad @Frank @dennis63 @RainmanTrail @kk405 @inca911 @Seeking Alpha Social Club @Odranoel77 @colter ripton @guyfleegman @FordPickup92 @ssanel54 @ChaosRock @Coyote @Lil Tuna @AfterTheFact @pokerplayingpisces @davin @Potsie1 @JeepologyOffroad @EmptyPocs @HaRDHouSeiNC @Meathooke @ovo @Sea Vulture @ReallyGoodUsername @Ethan @CdnBeerLover @Changster @Hornet @dajebriza @Rhodeman77 @Anthony Martino @Don Clay @AK Chip @Marius L @Forty4 @Ben8257 @David Spragg @TheChipRoom @Gear @T_Chan

Thanks at PCF crew @Tommy @David O @Jeff @Payback @Trihonda

Sorry if I forgot you...list is not exhaustive

Last edited:
@horseshoez who helps me to reship chips bought in the US and gives me a ton of kind and helpful advices. I can say today that he is a friend. This guy is a saint.

Thanks for everything <3

Been my pleasure and looking forward to meeting up, whether it happens in the US or when I’m in Europe again!

- @Tommy for providing this forum.

- Mel (@liftapint ) for being as considerate and generous as they come.

- Mark (@k9dr ) for his home games, the SQM, and quickly getting tired of all the chips he then sells to me.

- David (@David O ) for giving us an excuse to visit San Antonio (and Austin) every year.

- All those of you who put up with my inability to lay my hands on chips that I know are here ... somewhere.

- My buddy here for making the holidays great, year after year:

MrHankey.jpg

XmasCard2011sm.jpg

It is impossible for me to choose only one or even two people when so many are deserving.
With that said, here goes!

@arch3r
Thank you for helping out on that little purchase of mine earlier this year. A normal person would have asked for specifics, and most likely politely declined to help. Not this maniac!

Chris-“Let’s do it!”
Me-“Are you sure?”
Chris-“Fuck yeah, that thing is awesome. I might keep it for myself!”

It has provided tons of joy for me. I hope to get together when all this crap is over so we can have a play date with it.

@pltrgyst

Larry gets an undeserved bad rap as far as I am concerned.

He helped me with some “unobtainable” chips that he probably didn’t want to let go of.
His straight forward personality is a good thing. All societies need people that tell it like it is and share dissenting opinions even when they are not popular.
He is a cornerstone of this community and like him or not, everyone knows it.

Thank you wholeheartedly to both of you.

Thank you to this community for enduring despite all the adversity.

Happy Everything,
Joe

@arch3r
Thank you for helping out on that little purchase of mine earlier this year. A normal person would have asked for specifics, and most likely politely declined to help. Not this maniac!

Chris-“Let’s do it!”
Me-“Are you sure?”
Chris-“Fuck yeah, that thing is awesome. I might keep it for myself!”

It has provided tons of joy for me. I hope to get together when all this crap is over so we can have a play date with it.

Anytime brother. Glad I could help. And I too look forward to a play date with all our toys. ( :tdown: hmm, that totally sounds like an Out Of Context post waiting to happen. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: )

- @Tommy for providing this forum.

- Mel (@liftapint ) for being as considerate and generous as they come.

- Mark (@k9dr ) for his home games, the SQM, and quickly getting tired of all the chips he then sells to me.

- David (@David O ) for giving us an excuse to visit San Antonio (and Austin) every year.

- All those of you who put up with my inability to lay my hands on chips that I know are here ... somewhere.

- My buddy here for making the holidays great, year after year:

View attachment 600505

View attachment 600506
Thanks Larry! I appreciate it. By the way, even though we are not having an All in at the Alamo this year you and your lovely wife can come and visit anytime. I have any extra room at the new home if necessary.

I’d like to thank the entire community! From the classifieds, to the new posts to all pictures and witty comments shared here throughout the day. Just looking at how often I’ve checked the site validated how thankful I am for everyone here. If this disqualified me, then so be it but thank you to you all and Happy Holidays!!
Definitely doesn't disqualify you — count yourself in!

Reading this thread is true nourishment for the soul!

I'm 99% sure I'll miss someone, but here goes:

@Anthony Martino for making me look cool to my teenage boys by hooking me up with a nice PC graphics cards that their snotty little fucker friends couldn't....
@jja412 @JMC9389 @Thomacetti @Joe Harris for the Protege merry-go-round :LOL: :laugh:
@inca911 for heading up the HOF committee and to the rest of the crew @Perthmike @72o @slisk250
@ReallyGoodUsername for lots of heads ups on chips I was looking for
@CraigT78 @BearMetal for all the help and patience with setting up Mavens
@CantSpellPoker @Phish1321 @JMC9389 @theewpice @LordEpyon @sgago84 @Nuhockey for being my awesome local crew and bouncing ideas for various aspects of the Jersey Meetup
@TroyMan for helping fill out a rack of Crystal Oysters
@Tommy for hosting a great site and all the meetup support

I have just picked a winner using a random online picker! A belated Merry Christmas and congrats to @Phish1321 — DM me with your address, buddy!

Thanks to all for entering — and for being such a brilliant part of such a brilliant community.

With that in mind, I look forward to (hopefully) meeting, chipping and playing cards with a few of you in person next year.

Best,

Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom