Chips in Small Flat Rate Box (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Here is an example of why you should always tape the sides of a small flat rate box...

20150219_144140.jpg 20150219_144153.jpg
20150219_144945.jpg 20150219_152433 (1).jpg

The box originally contained 24 double spotted Kings Crown $5s. The tube with 16 chips made it. The tube with 8 chips did not.
It fell out. :(

I just cried a little. That sucks...a lot.

Those 24 chips would of filled my last rack of $5s with 2 spares. The seller only had 6 more left to send as replacements. The good news is that I will still have 4 full racks.

Sux... crying too. I'm guessing they just didn't fall out. I lost an incoming $1000 GVC secondary due to bad packaging once.

just puked a little in my mouth.....unbelievable. People that get to this point of collecting and trading should mthrfckn better know better.

as a mailman, I like it when chips fall out of packages ;) sorry for your loss. I feel your pain

Glad I read this. I always felt like I was being too 'ocd' for always taping the sides and a piece over where the sticky part is. I'll keep doing that now.

Nice TRK chips from one of the first known TRK group buys. That one was organized by Slow Play Ray, pre 'blue site'. I was the one that came up with the idea for that color and pushed for it. I sold my set a long time ago to fund another set, but still have some of those above.

whoah, lesson learnt. Will ask potential seller to just tape up all the sides before shipping.
thanks

I ALWAYS!!!! Tape the box's so they can't tear open anywhere... Some CT'rs have said that I overdo it, but the chips always arrive safely.

I always tape the sides of the small flat rate box and I even put a piece of tape over the edge that has the adhesive just in case that decides to let go. Better safe then sorry.

I ALWAYS!!!! Tape the box's so they can't tear open anywhere... Some CT'rs have said that I overdo it, but the chips always arrive safely.

^^ Totally this. I leave not a single piece of uncovered cardboard. Any punctures or rips must go through both cardboard and tape, and it helps waterproof the box (and the shipping label).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom