Chip swap out at WSOP ME final table? (1 Viewer)

K ALL IN 9

Flush
Reaction score
They swapped out all the 8v and others for 412 (?) spot chips. Anyone have an idea why they might have done that?

But upon closer inspection...

20180712_184725.jpg

20180712_184723.jpg

How in the world did they do that?

Weird...last night, last hand 10 handed used the 8v 500k and 1 million chips and normal 100k chips.

The bedsores they are using tonight are not paulson clay chips, right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180712-231340_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20180712-231340_YouTube.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 152
Weird...last night, last hand 10 handed used the 8v 500k and 1 million chips and normal 100k chips.

The bedsores they are using tonight are not paulson clay chips, right?

It's suspected they're RFID. While ugly, they sure sound like Paulson clay still. So sharp that the players are having a hard time shuffling them. #maineventproblems

Even the 100k and 25k chips have the same 412 printed edge spot treatment, they’ve gotta be RFID. I’m sure quite costly to make based on the price of cards, but easy enough to do for ~25 racks for the final table. They’re ugly, but cool in concept, and I’m really curious how they achieve the edge spot printing. Maybe plastic inserts in clay chips?

The 39mm chips are RHC, which is interesting given the WSOP on the 818 replacements.
A5FCBBBC-FA9A-40C6-A2AA-406920290D10.jpeg

Also, it appears the “WSOP” text on the edge spots is molded, as you can see that the “O” is split, stencil style similar to text on Bud Jones chips. I’m really curious about how these were made now.
B4A16CE9-BFCC-4B60-AF9A-11D014C51552.jpeg

All of the WSOP-injected inserts are similarly notched on each side as well. Are we sure these new chips aren’t actuall plastic/Bud Jones?

They just look like clay though to me from seeing the sharp look to the edges.

All of the WSOP-injected inserts are similarly notched on each side as well. Are we sure these new chips aren’t actuall plastic/Bud Jones?
Based on sound, razor sharp edges, and crisp angles on the insert, my $.02 would be on a complexly (plastic?clay?) molded edge spot pressed into a clay chip.

Whatever material they are, they look terrible.
I’d guess they’re limited to 1/2” edge spots however they’re molding them, and they needed to keep the same base and single spot colors that had previously been in play. Agreed they’re not “pretty” chips

These edge spots have printing on them. And it sure looks like the edge spots are perfectly uniform. What gives? I’ve never seen compressed clays look like that.
6B3D0927-B458-49F6-A4B5-99A61386ED64.png
22AE5D58-253F-42C8-B943-947F2AA60BED.jpeg

I noticed that too last night. Are we sure they are compressed clays?

Several threads already - mods should consider combining them all.

Guarantee that the edge insert isn't clay. Hard to say if it is a variation of their premier ring technology (combining clay & plastics), or something new (a BJ variant, or a combo BJ/clay chip). I haven't seen a clear enough photo of the chip face -- the appearance of the recess area will reveal a lot, I think.

RFID or not those chips look like :poop::poop::poop: which I believe is the desired effect now, make the chips as ugly as possible (and they have done a bangup job of it). :bag:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom