Chip swap out at WSOP ME final table? (1 Viewer)

I feel like somebody had some perfectly good solid chips, then came along and tagged them like cattle or birds or dolphins.

chip tag 2.jpg

chip tag.jpg

Based on sound, razor sharp edges, and crisp angles on the insert, my $.02 would be on a complexly (plastic?clay?) molded edge spot pressed into a clay chip.

But if they were pressed into the chip there would have to be at least some lack of uniformity/distortion with the WSOP on the side paint. I guess GPI is capable of a lot more than we know.

Perhaps the RFID chip is in the spots, and they are made in a different manner than the usual punch out. That might account for the uniformity of them as well as the ability to add wording.

I'd bet it's a plastic ring/insert that the clay is formed around. The uniformity of the edge spot is because it is a "key" that locks the clay and plastic together.

Untitled.jpg

You'd be able to lathe the plastic with no issue - after all, you can lathe metal.

I'd bet it's a plastic ring/insert that the clay is formed around. The uniformity of the edge spot is because it is a "key" that locks the clay and plastic together.

View attachment 186438

You'd be able to lathe the plastic with no issue - after all, you can lathe metal.

I think I saw one of the chips with what appeared to be the "edge label" coming off, like just one of the green edge spots was peeling off of the yellow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom