Chip disasters (the chip snuff thread) (2 Viewers)

These chips came from a bogan bush doof. They got hot and melty. I still love them though.

View attachment 895096

@Perthmike
all too familiar with heat stressed chips :eek:
i will dig up some
but at times it is necessary --i have baked many a BCC failure to un-warp them
(oven and vise grips bound in ceramics)
so naughty

Last edited:
I can confirm that cpc chips and Paulson's to a lesser extent do not enjoy warm climates. We all know that chips will warp in a hot car but I swear I've had chips warp over the years in much lower temperatures than that. It freaked me out having sets delivered here anywhere near summer.

I can confirm that cpc chips and Paulson's to a lesser extent do not enjoy warm climates. We all know that chips will warp in a hot car but I swear I've had chips warp over the years in much lower temperatures than that. It freaked me out having sets delivered here anywhere near summer.

Chips will warp over time at normal room temperature if subjected to uneven pressures for long enough. I've seen vintage chips bent to almost 90 degree angles when pressed/crushed over a hard metal corner for likely a few decades.

No longer mine, but this beauty was damaged during shipping to me.

1649821882526.png

Chips will warp over time at normal room temperature if subjected to uneven pressures for long enough. I've seen vintage chips bent to almost 90 degree angles when pressed/crushed over a hard metal corner for likely a few decades.
The BCC ghost molds need to be presented here
canceled chip orders re-pressed with a different mold and then the previous mold pops out on the new owner
I could never believe that they would be so cheap/cheesy to remold a chip and resell it
usually only shows up after heat-stress
I have a bunch somewhere

Last edited:
found them
but difficult to photograph
i will work on it
modern clay / cigar&snifter on one chip (several colors)
I saw a good example somewhere here recently but forget where --die mold mixed with something elese

Last edited:
View attachment 895090
the pic is funny
it looks like the leaded starbursts never fell
& all the other chips: protege, custom hourglass, BJs, & GCR's all cradled to protected the Deadwoods in the centre ;)

Over a decade later, I can personally vouch for the continued wellbeing of all Protégé (Protege) secondary chips that were involved in the great EmptPocs shelf collapse, both denominated and non-denominated:

IMG_5184.JPG

I got a bit impatient when murdering and decided to try NPR (with acetone), and it pretty much slowly started to dissolve the chip. Luckily only had this single casualty though, before i stopped using NPR.
IMG_20191205_103056.jpg

Screenshot_20220515-163940_Gallery.jpg

Cheap Facebook marketplace find. Old chips stored horribly wrong obviously. Heat damage. Some decent chips in the lot luckily, but these were some of the most warped ones. Straight up taco shells as my reshipper @Ethan called them:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

20201214124858__MG_7018.jpg
20201128155027__MG_6897.jpg
20201128154925__MG_6893.jpg

Something tried to eat these pca $5s...
DSC_0229.jpg

Front side:
DSC_0641.jpg

B(l)ack side:
DSC_0640.jpg

I got a bit impatient when murdering and decided to try NPR (with acetone), and it pretty much slowly started to dissolve the chip. Luckily only had this single casualty though, before i stopped using NPR.
View attachment 911753
View attachment 911760

Cheap Facebook marketplace find. Old chips stored horribly wrong obviously. Heat damage. Some decent chips in the lot luckily, but these were some of the most warped ones. Straight up taco shells as my reshipper @Ethan called them:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 911754View attachment 911755View attachment 911756

Something tried to eat these pca $5s...
View attachment 911757

Front side:
View attachment 911758
B(l)ack side:
View attachment 911759
We call those "Bananas" or "Potato Chips" I have flattened some bad ones but unfortunately some of those are not fixable,even if you somewhat get them back to flat... in a couple weeks they will start bowing again.

But, I was not careful enough with these particular chips. If I search, I can find better chips after repair. The problem is that you need to be fast and accurate. Buy 1+ !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom