China Clay (8vs) smell (2 Viewers)

Hard to describe, and varies in composition and intensity between different sets of china clays. It's a semi-nasty chemical smell, sometimes faint, other times rather strong.

Get samples.

As someone new to poker chips in general, how much do CCs actually smell? Been thinking about investing in some Milanos. Some people dont seem to mind but some others seem to hate it so much they cant even use the chips? Can someone compare the intensity of smell to something else?
CCs smell bad to me personally.

To me, it's like the smell of stale cigarette smoke and dirty socks all mixed up. Disgusting

YMMV

As someone new to poker chips in general, how much do CCs actually smell? Been thinking about investing in some Milanos. Some people dont seem to mind but some others seem to hate it so much they cant even use the chips? Can someone compare the intensity of smell to something else?
I'm thinking vinegar mixed with burning plastic

I also imagine this smell

Old-Smoker-Funny-Picture.jpg

As @BGinGA said already, get samples. Buy a few chips to check out for yourself. You are correct that some people don't seem to mind the smell at all, while others do. There's only one way to know what your preference is.

Buy a sample set and see for yourself. As others have said, it’s tough to describe. My Royals have a smell, but unless I place them directly under my nose and take a big whiff, I don’t smell them at all. I’ve never seen anyone actually do that in a game, so I don’t see it being a problem.

I have 1400 of them and have never smelled anything. Just put a stack of 10 directly to my nose, all I could smell was wintergreen altoids.

Also, I love cilantro.

IMG_20200130_075357167.jpg

In all fairness, those MGKs were made LONG ago....
I have ten hundred brown V8's at home that I dont smell either....but they are not in my office at the moment for a picture, and the altoids that match the brown chips are disgusting (ginger I think).

The 8Vs are around 10 years old, I think.

Just started using a set of 1000 Milanos for a monthly tournament I host. There is most definitely an odor. Once they are in use and spread out it is not really noticeable. But in the birdcage? Oh my! Samples are good but the samples I received did not compare to the actual chips. The actual chips are so much more clay like than the sample set I received which were almost used and somewhat rubbery feeling.

By a barrel of actual chips and see for yourself if you like them.

I’ve hosted 1 Tourney with them so far and response from the crew was very favorable.

I had Milanos and the 25s and 100s stank. The rest didn’t seem as bad. It was really noticeable like burnt rubber and stank the place out.

Since I sold them the only time my place smells of burnt rubber is when I do star jumps in my gimp suit...

Welcome to the forum! I purchased 800 used Dunes via the forum plus 25 new from Apache and picked up a new Milano smaple set, I can only smell them when I put them against my nose and inhale - and the smell isn't offensive. Not sure if used Dunes smell has dissipated and/or if compounds now have reduced odor. Overall, I have an excellent olfactory sense.

BTW, both the Dunes & Milanos are really nice and either would have worked for me. The Dunes will be back in play tonight!

When trying to decide on my first set of chips it was this thread that made me decide to just pull the trigger on Paulsons. Not a bunch of fancy Paulsons, just hot stamped and mostly Fun Nites. I'm glad I did, using PCF I was able to put together a nice set of Paulsons for an average of about a buck a piece. Now I get to look at and smell Paulsons....YEAH!

Wonder if a ozone machine or charcoal filters used for scent free hunting would work.

Wonder if a ozone machine or charcoal filters used for scent free hunting would work.
That’s not a bad idea. I have some of those charcoal filters lying around. I have one in each of my cars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom