Checking in from Houston (2 Viewers)

ODweeds

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I’ve been lurking the forum for awhile now, and thought I’d finally register.
I’ve been a live/online poker player since the boom, but didn’t start getting into chips until the last couple of years.
I’m currently working on growing my collection with samples, and the occasional $1 chip whenever I check out a new cardroom.
Also, planning on ordering my first real set once Apache is back in stock.
Anyway, thanks for all the knowledge, and I can’t wait to keep learning!!!

Two new Houstonians in one day! Welcome and feel free to ask questions.

Welcome! What part of town are you in? As you can see, I'm up 59 North in Humble. Atascocita actually. @Av8tion is nearby as well, off of Beltway 8 and occasionally hosts some games. @Swarlos is here in town as well.

I also host a Poker Mavens site, so PM me if you are interested in online micro stakes play.

Welcome! What part of town are you in? As you can see, I'm up 59 North in Humble. Atascocita actually. @Av8tion is nearby as well, off of Beltway 8 and occasionally hosts some games. @Swarlos is here in town as well.

I also host a Poker Mavens site, so PM me if you are interested in online micro stakes play.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I’m actually in The Woodlands, so I’m not too far from Humble. I’ve never played on Poker Mavens, but I’ll check it out and shoot you a PM one of these days!

Last edited:
Welcome, I’m not far from you then. I’m in Tomball. Sounds like we need another meet up game soon @TX_Golf_N_Poker
A Houston meetup would be awesome. I wish I were capable of hosting. I have been thinking about checking in to see if my Country Club would be willing to allow me to host a game there. They do have a poker table (beat up) in the men's locker room, and some of the other members play there at times. I just need to stop in and ask about it. One downside is they are not open very late at night, so it would probably have to be an afternoon / early evening event on Saturday or Sunday.

Oh, and they have a couple of aluminum cases of dice chips that they keep there as well. Should I ask if we can use them too? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

A Houston meetup would be awesome. I wish I were capable of hosting. I have been thinking about checking in to see if my Country Club would be willing to allow me to host a game there. They do have a poker table (beat up) in the men's locker room, and some of the other members play there at times. I just need to stop in and ask about it. One downside is they are not open very late at night, so it would probably have to be an afternoon / early evening event on Saturday or Sunday.

Oh, and they have a couple of aluminum cases of dice chips that they keep there as well. Should I ask if we can use them too? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Cards mold will travel ! I only have space for about 6 at my house but maybe @Av8tion would be willing to put something together when he is not dining on the local fish.

Cards mold will travel ! I only have space for about 6 at my house but maybe @Av8tion would be willing to put something together when he is not dining on the local fish.
Here's a link to my thread with info. PM me if you'd like to join us.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/where-are-all-the-online-micro-stakes-holdem-players.73300/

Edit: LOL - I pasted in the wrong link. Updated with the correct one.
I was a bit confused! Thanks the new link!!!

Between the beat up table that is there, my inexpensive folding table, and a PCF mat, if I could get access to the Country Club, I could host up to 3 tables. They have PLENTY of room. And I'm sure some of the other members (fish?) would be interested in playing too. I need to get up there and ask the manager. Also bar and table service, but that may be the issue, because I may have to charge everything to my account, and I'm not paying for all you degens to drink!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom