Tourney Charity Game .... how many chips and how to do prizes (1 Viewer)

MaxB

Full House
Reaction score
Hi,

My daughter does theatre, and I am on the board for the non-profit theatre company. I suggested for a fundraiser a poker night. This would be open to parents of the theatre members (sorry) and we could use our rehearsal building to run it (all the tables and chairs we need). I want to have everything all packaged up for our next board meeting to present it.

I am trying to figure out the $$$ part of it. I was thinking either a % of the income goes into the prize pool, or getting a bunch of gift cards for the winners (remember this is parents of the kids, so its going to be more fun less competitive). If we do the %, what does everyone recommend. The turnout could be anywhere between 25-100+ people.

I unfortunately do not have enough chips to run this big of a tourney (I have enough for maybe 24-30 tops), so I need to buy some ......dare I say.....dice.....chips :eek: ..not that anyone there will care except for me, and I won't be playing anyways (running it). I was thinking 3000 chips (non-denom) should be enough, but would like to know what others think. Depending on the turnout will be the starting stacks (I'd love to have 5k as the start). Rebuys would be an option as we want to raise as much as possible. We'd have food and non-alcoholic drinks as well throughout the night.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Chris

PS: still looking for Aztar 50 cent pink chips ....yes this is a shameless plug that has nothing to do with the actual post :)

At least get Poker Knights/Monaco Clubs! Denominated chips will be much nicer for novice players. You can probably resell or rent out a huge set like that here.

I think some people have suggested 50% of the original buy-in and 100% of the rebuys to charity as a good starting point for events like this.

At least get Poker Knights/Monaco Clubs! Denominated chips will be much nicer for novice players. You can probably resell or rent out a huge set like that here.

I think some people have suggested 50% of the original buy-in and 100% of the rebuys to charity as a good starting point for events like this.

I've only played in a few home run charity games. What ak stated is how it was always run.

Or you could have them cover their buy in in diapers? just saying http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/diaper-poker-tourney.6310/#post-80428

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom