Chanman's projects (4 Viewers)

Working on another boomerang base, these are gaining a lot of popularity. We normally make them out of plywood and add a laminate, but this one was requested to be made out of solid oak.

On the CNC:
2019-07-26 11.34.40.jpg

Front and back cut out, time to put it all together.
2019-07-29 10.21.40.jpg

Yep, we run all of their tournaments. I've done their last 8 or 9 I think? I foresee that I'll be continuing to do them indefinitely.

it's been a while, so extremely busy lately. As per the request of @DonkeyKing here are some photos of a pair of chip boxes I made recently.

2000 chip capacity
Solid walnut and maple
Glass lid
Brusso Quadrant hinges, solid brass
Oil based finish, no stain.

2019-10-03 18.30.55_1024x512.jpg
2019-10-03 18.31.07_1024x512.jpg
2019-10-03 18.31.14-1_1024x512.jpg
2019-10-03 18.31.40_1024x512.jpg

And some fancy chips to go with it. The finish was still fresh and needs about a week to cure before more chips should stored, thus the small quantity.
4ABD3037-8543-4BC4-87AE-ED362B710CFA.jpeg
20191004_194613.jpg
F5B47157-0C61-463C-AD2F-F61573AF697C.jpeg

Around 18"x32"x5 was the final size. I neglected to take measurements of the final product.

Each box I make is custom made to size, I ask for the barrel length and then build the box around it. So measurements are flexible-ish.

I have 2 more in the works, but not for a while as they're at the back of my work queue.

it's been a while, so extremely busy lately. As per the request of @DonkeyKing here are some photos of a pair of chip boxes I made recently.

2000 chip capacity
Solid walnut and maple
Glass lid
Brusso Quadrant hinges, solid brass
Oil based finish, no stain.

View attachment 353791View attachment 353792View attachment 353793View attachment 353794

And some fancy chips to go with it. The finish was still fresh and needs about a week to cure before more chips should stored, thus the small quantity.
View attachment 353795View attachment 353796View attachment 353797

These are on my 2020 birthday wish list.

Gorgeous - how do you make those, tons of passes with a core box bit on the router table? I've tried to do something like that before and had a lot of tear out. Absolutely great looking work - very nice!

Prices vary depending on the type of wood, capacity and hardware. Shoot me a PM if you want some more info. They start at $400 USD, but these were more than that.
Tony - I need to get with you about something like this for my chip storage... I currently have about 800 chips that are just in boxes. What would you recommend?

Hey Vic, yeah for sure I can make something for you. I'm actually working on an 800 capacity box right now which is a single layer box, 10 rows of 80 to keep the box rectangular. I'll post some pics soon.

Gorgeous - how do you make those, tons of passes with a core box bit on the router table? I've tried to do something like that before and had a lot of tear out. Absolutely great looking work - very nice!

Yeah I cut the grooves with the grain to avoid tear out on the ridges between the rows. I add lots of extra material so that I can cut off the tear out. I usually end up sacrificing about 2" on each side at least. Sometimes I wonder if I should purposely leave more and turn the off cuts into mini trays.

Yeah I cut the grooves with the grain to avoid tear out on the ridges between the rows. I add lots of extra material so that I can cut off the tear out. I usually end up sacrificing about 2" on each side at least. Sometimes I wonder if I should purposely leave more and turn the off cuts into mini trays.
Not sure what a mini-tray is, but put me down for 5. :)

Always got lots of off cuts. Pains me to throw these away so I've got a fair collection of the kicking around. If I trimmed them to width and put some flat pieces on the front and back, they'd probably make a nice display rack.

View attachment 447692
Name the price Tony! I'll come by to pick them up. Haha

One of the last orders for a custom chip case. They ordered months ago before I stopped taking orders for them. Walnut with Maple rows and glass lid. Built for 43mm chips. Chips are in the box but still in their wrappers so they don't fit inside yet until the wrappers are removed. Letting the client have that honor.

2020-08-07 21.14.22.jpg

2020-08-07 21.14.30.jpg

Always got lots of off cuts. Pains me to throw these away so I've got a fair collection of the kicking around. If I trimmed them to width and put some flat pieces on the front and back, they'd probably make a nice display rack.

View attachment 447692

I'd love to get a piece of that!!!! Trimmed down to size when some small edges to hold the chip in and be used to display samples? GIMME!!!!!!

This has probably been done but just in case it hasn't, has anybody built a custom Jack Detroit table using the Jack felt? This is going to get me in trouble because I already want my own custom table and yet I have my Jack felt to use which is going to push me into Table 2 territory really quick at the same time :banghead:

This has probably been done but just in case it hasn't, has anybody built a custom Jack Detroit table using the Jack felt? This is going to get me in trouble because I already want my own custom table and yet I have my Jack felt to use which is going to push me into Table 2 territory really quick at the same time :banghead:

Ain't nothing wrong with a table 2. Or 3. Or 4. As long as you've got the needs and a plan.

Ain't nothing wrong with a table 2. Or 3. Or 4. As long as you've got the needs and a plan.

Very true however when you live in Southern California, it’s space that poses a problem or lack thereof. Is it bad to want more square footage in a house just to have a poker room/man cave?

Very true however when you live in Southern California, it’s space that poses a problem or lack thereof. Is it bad to want more square footage in a house just to have a poker room/man cave?
No! What else would you use extra space for? An office? Some hobby room? Poker all the way!

Not yet, not from me anyways. Great idea though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom