Championship Poker Series Ceramics (1 Viewer)

Carlavatky

High Hand
Reaction score
I have a used but still nice tournament set of 800 ceramic WSOP replicas that I believe were made by Chipco(?) that a neighbor wants to buy from me. I am not sure what the present day value of those would be, although I remember spending some good money when I bought them new...Any advice?

Attachments

• 20181124_114209.jpg
    20181124_114209.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 275
  • 20181124_114217.jpg
    20181124_114217.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 282
Look through the classifieds, but unless in excellent shape I think 20/rack for used ceramics seems about right. New ceramics can be had starting around 75 a rach.

Those 2005 WSOP Chipco tributes have sold for anywhere from 45 to 75 cents each, if you can find a buyer.

I have sets of the 2004 and 2005 Chipcos...they were the first WSOP knock-offs, following Moneymaker's and Raymer's wins. They're not just "used ceramics".

WSOP knock-offs or not, and real Chipco ceramics or not, in today's high-tech and improved-quality chip market, older heavily used ceramics with non-aligned edge spots and color transfer issues are unlikely to command prices higher than 20c per chip. And they will probably sit in the Classifieds for quite awhile before selling, even at that price.

The days of Chipco sets selling for anywhere close to even half of their original $1+/chip cost are long gone. Too many decent and similarly-priced products available now.

Are these still available? I am very interested if your neighbor doesn't buy them from you.

I had a set of those! My first foray into ceramic. I just couldn't love them at the time so I let them go. Now, many years later, I think I may have been a bit to harsh on them. Seeing this, I think I'll pull out my sample set of these and see how I like them now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom