CASH SET POLL (Set Type) - Injection Molded Chips GB - 2021 (1 Viewer)

What type of cash set should we do?

• Cali Set

Votes: 57 58.8%
  • Non-Cali Set

Votes: 40 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
In the last GB, we did a Cali set. Should we do another Cali set or non-Cali this time?

Please only cast a vote if you plan on getting a cash set.

Thanks!

Cali colors are more luminous, in general, provided that a purple/fuchsia is used for the 20/25 chip whatever its exact denomination. That works better on the right felts, i.e. dark ones.
That said, I have no money left right now, and if I ever have some money again, I 'll build just another custom set of my own.
Good luck, though.:tup:
Watching with love.:)

If its a cali set does that mean there will another $20 chip? Or are we going to do $25 this time around?

Would it be really cost prohibitive if the larger denominations were 43mm+? Like a $100 chip could be 43mm?

I don't think so but if I IIRC, the overall consensus was not to mix chip sizes. Or maybe I'm thinking of just the general topic of mixing 39mm and 43mm in the same set.

If its a cali set does that mean there will another $20 chip? Or are we going to do $25 this time around?

That's a good question. I know doing both makes it harder to meet the 1000 chip minimum. Maybe we can mockup up both chips and see if the minimums can be met. If not, then we can go with whatever one has the most ordered.

I don't think so but if I IIRC, the overall consensus was not to mix chip sizes. Or maybe I'm thinking of just the general topic of mixing 39mm and 43mm in the same set.

That's a good question. I know doing both makes it harder to meet the 1000 chip minimum. Maybe we can mockup up both chips and see if the minimums can be met. If not, then we can go with whatever one has the most ordered.
Ahh okay thanks for the info, maybe we should create polls for this too? And then go with majority, im good with what everyone else wants

Ahh okay thanks for the info, maybe we should create polls for this too? And then go with majority, im good with what everyone else wants
Sounds like a good plan.

Would it be really cost prohibitive if the larger denominations were 43mm+? Like a $100 chip could be 43mm?
I think it depends on whether or not there will be a custom inner ring made, because Abbiati can’t use the same one for both 39mm and 43mm chips. So if mixing sizes, that can add up quickly... If no custom inner ring, then cost for a mixed set should not be an issue. IIRC last time people simply voted for an all 39mm set.

I think it depends on whether or not there will be a custom inner ring made, because Abbiati can’t use the same one for both 39mm and 43mm chips.
That's right. I totally forgot about that.

I think it depends on whether or not there will be a custom inner ring made, because Abbiati can’t use the same one for both 39mm and 43mm chips. So if mixing sizes, that can add up quickly... If no custom inner ring, then cost for a mixed set should not be an issue. IIRC last time people simply voted for an all 39mm set.
Cant that be solved by going 43mm on tourney? which allows the option for 43mm cash chips?

Cali colors are more luminous, in general, provided that a purple/fuchsia is used for the 20/25 chip whatever its exact denomination. That works better on the right felts, i.e. dark ones.
That said, I have no money left right now, and if I ever have some money again, I 'll build just another custom set of my own.
Good luck, though.:tup:
Watching with love.:)
I was relative new when TCP were available and the concept of a $20 chip felt foreign and weird to me. That combined with the $20 being black meant I had to pass as black is so heavily associated with $100 in the games I play. The two "anomolies" combined will probably make it a pass for me. Definitely can live with a purple $25 or $20, if it goes that way, but just cant do a black $20.

I like this color for a quarter
E25C7C57-7B3B-484C-BE52-0984CFF92F41.jpeg

I voted non, but then I saw only vote if you get a set, and I'm not 100% sure, so I unvoted

I voted non, but then I saw only vote if you get a set, and I'm not 100% sure, so I unvoted
I think you can vote if you plan to buy a cash set. It doesn't mean you'll buy this. Maybe you don't like the chips or price.
That's what I think. Am I wrong?

I think you can vote if you plan to buy a cash set. It doesn't mean you'll buy this. Maybe you don't like the chips or price.
That's what I think. Am I wrong?

Yes, that is correct. I was trying to keep the results accurate for those interested in participating in this GB.

Reactions: ovo
I voted Cali because (1) I already own four Vegas/AC colored sets (2) I specifically like having a yellow chip, and (3) I'm often underwhelmed with red/green chips.

But, the Crown Plazas are sweet chips. I.e., there's already a great set of Cali Abbiatis out there.

If we went with a Vegas/AC color scheme, how about a yellow $20 instead of or in addition to a green $25? And a blue $1 instead of a white $1.

Still, my vote remains Cali :)

Imo I prefer that the set is not in cali colors.
Also I'm only play in Pot Limit with even denoms ( preferably ).
IMG-20210116-WA0014.jpg

If there are $ 2 and $ 10 that would be wonderful ... but I can't believe it.
If it's just 1000 per denom + some fees maybe others would be interested!?!

My2cents

Yeah. I’m definitely interested, but maybe 40% probability. If I do this, it would be for a 1400-1600 chip limit set, so I think I’d cover the minimum. I was hoping there were other, lower, denominations for the 43mm. I just need to figure out which value, hopefully I can do that in time, seeing as how my game isn’t active and who knows how things will change....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom