Cash Game Cash game (2 Viewers)

doom

Waiting List
Reaction score
want to host a cash game but i have a tournament set (20k chips per player). If i want to host a cash game but ofc aint having a $20k buy in, can i have a "$x" buy in, give the 20k chips to every player and by the end of the session, do the math and transfer everyone their money? would that work?

for example, lets say the buy in is $40, and someone ends with 10k, i would give them back $20, and so on with the rest of the players right? the only downside i see is that players never know exactly how much money they are betting, but i guess one would kinda know an approximate amount + its a friendly game so don't think it is that big of a deal.

again, would it work? suggestions are appreciated

Generally no, but it depends on your players. Start simple with nice round numbers, like the 100x multiplier @Moxie Mike suggested. T20k = $40 might be too much math for some people.

i live in mexico (1us = 20mxn) as i alr said the stacks i have are 20k per player but each player has 2 5ks so i could take those out, hace everyone have 10k and play for 50us or 1000mxn, that way 10 chips= 1 peso and thats easy math, in case we want to play for higher money we play for 100us or 2000mxn and have everyone play with the 20k stack

thoughts?

Personally I would do three denominations and ignore the face value of the chips. You'd be playing the ol " reds are blah, the whites are blah, and the blues are blah" game. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. But I would say this should only be a short term fix until you get get a cash game set.

Personally I would be okay playing someone's house game a few times this way, but I would get annoyed if this was the case for a few months or over a year.

I am confused reading it, so I imagine your players will feel the same. Nothing says you can't. This is America Mexico though, right? Do what you want.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom