Cash Game Cash game poker leagues? (1 Viewer)

Yea, I mean this is a group of friends I grew up with, so I wanted to play a challenging game of poker with them while keeping everyone comfortable with the stakes. Not everyone is on the same page though :(
Based on this I would make a few suggestions, and make some suggestions based on other inferences.

You mentioned one of the players like to take draws, and he doesn't want to change the stakes, change the game! You have players ready to evolve! HELP THEM find a much better game, one that everyone can grow with.

First I don't want to dog NLH, but you put 5 in preflop who cares, its fun to take draws. Here is how you solve the issue, introduce 4 card PLO, raise the buy in to 20 to 40 bucks. Keep the same stakes.

Here is what will happen players want to put it all in preflop can't, but they will end up being able to get more in the pot, you'll see more action with deeper stacks and the game changes so that everyone has draws.

You are on the verge of greatness!

Having something where the rich get richer isn’t good for the small player pool.
Agreed. My cash game is now bases its policy and procedure on what is reasonable and equitable as well as doing everything required to deepen our player pool.

When we started playing online with my core home game group, since I was banking and tracking buy-ins and cash-outs in a Google Sheet, I had all this data organically, and I started publishing charts and we had seasons (approximately 12-14 games or a quarter of a year if we played once a week) where the first place each season would get a prize I came up with.

It did end up highlighting the biggest winners and losers each season, but because we reset the seasons, it wasn't too bad, especially since the winners and losers did kind of come around and go around. Though I am currently after 3 years the biggest loser, and I can't even be too discouraged to play because I'm the primary organizer and there wouldn't be a regular game without me. :cry::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom