Cash Game Cash game denomination question (1 Viewer)

mkejohnson

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I currently hold a $1/$2 cash game with a minimum of a $50 buy in. Most people buy in for $100-$200, with rebuys as they get tabled. I start everybody at the table with 15 $1 chips and finish out their buy in in $5 chips. My question is 15 $1 chips a good number to start everyone off with? Should it be more or less. Usually at some point during the game all of the $1 chips end up in a couple of peoples stacks and change is needed quite often. Is this normal? Is there a better way to do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like players using 5s for blinds when they still have 1s in their stack. I've never had too much trouble with the ones going out in every pot so they move around well.

150 x $1 chips is plenty for 1/2. Those players hoarding the $1s should be selling them (in lots of 10) between hands to players who need them, avoiding needless change-making during a hand (which wastes time and promotes errors).

In my $1/2 game I put 120-140 in play and that is plenty. Making change will happen occasionally if you have 300 on the table. Someone will hoard them up no matter what. 15 per player is plenty.

15 is fine, but I would probably go with 20 per, if only because it makes set-up easier.
1608047333154.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom