Cards Mold/"Tina" Alibaba Ceramics Master Consolidated Info Thread (7 Viewers)

Just ordered some 39mm and 43mm chips from Tina. What racks fit these the best? I know from experience that some racks will fit 21 to a barrel. Can anyone comment on the racks that they are currently using? Thanks!

Just ordered some 39mm and 43mm chips from Tina. What racks fit these the best? I know from experience that some racks will fit 21 to a barrel. Can anyone comment on the racks that they are currently using? Thanks!
Agree with @Colquhoun The racks Justin sells are about the tightest racks you'll find, and they are great racks. Tina chips are thinner than most - about 65.5mm per barrel, or about 1mm less than Paulsons. Brand spanking new Paulsons are just a tad snug in these racks, but Tina chips fit very well. Just a touch loose.

Any Asia-based PCF group buys for Tinas? I would be interested in ordering ~2000 chips (might be more, or less, finalizing with my friend as will likely be in need of a chipset for 3 tables, cash and tourney set).

Or if there is a Tina group buy that will allow me to tag along, but I only need shipping to HK...

Last edited:
Any Asia-based PCF group buys for Tinas? I would be interested in ordering ~2000 chips (might be more, or less, finalizing with my friend as will likely be in need of a chipset for 3 tables, cash and tourney set).

Or if there is a Tina group buy that will allow me to tag along, but I only need shipping to HK...
@justincarothers is running regular group buys pretty much constantly. Just look for his threads in the Group Buy forum.

If shipping is cheap from Shenzhen to HK, it's worth considering buying direct. I think the minimum order quantity is 100.

Is it the general consensus that no card molds textured are better than card molds (39mm)? I'm asking from a spinner perspective - I recently received a small sample and there were a considerable amount of spinners.

How do the hybrids compare from a spinner perspective? I read some threads which stated very few spinners, but hybrids seem considerably pricier ~ $0.43/ chip

Is it the general consensus that no card molds textured are better than card molds (39mm)? I'm asking from a spinner perspective - I recently received a small sample and there were a considerable amount of spinners.

How do the hybrids compare from a spinner perspective? I read some threads which stated very few spinners, but hybrids seem considerably pricier ~ $0.43/ chip
A general consensus??? On PCF??? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Anyhow, after some reading on PCF and talking to Tina, I'm leaning towards no mold textured. I had a few samples of no mold smooth and card molds, but will probably blind buy the no mold textured. Priced-out from the hybrids for now...

Anyhow, after some reading on PCF and talking to Tina, I'm leaning towards no mold textured. I had a few samples of no mold smooth and card molds, but will probably blind buy the no mold textured. Priced-out from the hybrids for now...
Just received some no mold textured and hybrid samples, which have confirmed my preferences. Hybrids definitely feel more premium, but spinners are still an issue. Side note, hybrids to me are slightly more difficult to shuffle because the edges are very smooth. So when I pick them up to shuffle, they aren't as easy to push into each other.

Anyone interested in getting these samples? I probably won't be needing them after my order. If this part of my comment is inappropriate, mods please let me know and I will edit out.

So does anyone know if these color wheel sample chips still exist?

I'd like a set. If there are more people than sets, maybe a group buy makes sense.

I'm far along enough in my design that I'm not planning to wait for physical color wheels.

(Thread here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...sh-set-looking-for-design-suggestions.108331/)

Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 9.10.25 PM.png

My setup is stacking cards mold chips on top of each other for a rough feel.

tempImage21NRFO.jpg

But if there's enough interest in color wheel samples, I can add them to my order. PM me or reply in this thread if you're looking for color wheel samples.

I'm far along enough in my design that I'm not planning to wait for physical color wheels.

(Thread here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...sh-set-looking-for-design-suggestions.108331/)

View attachment 1171458

Hi, that's a nice preview.

You might consider have a lighter red for the text "beach club" and the be aware of bleeding when printing white on black on ceramics chips. For that, don't hesitate to make "Motif" text a little bit bolder to compensate.

View attachment 1171458

View attachment 1171454

But if there's enough interest in color wheel samples, I can add them to my order. PM me or reply in this thread if you're looking for color wheel samples.
Suggestions that don't matter
Go for different color on that $20 brighter.
Go bigger!!!

View attachment 1171458

View attachment 1171454

Posted twice

Hi, that's a nice preview.

You might consider have a lighter red for the text "beach club" and the be aware of bleeding when printing white on black on ceramics chips. For that, don't hesitate to make "Motif" text a little bit bolder to compensate.
It's supposed to resemble gold/light orange. Is this a contrast concern or a printing concern? I wanted the eyes to be drawn to the denomination, then "Motif", then "Beach Club" and was using the color to help.

Bolder incoming in the next version, thanks for the callout.

Suggestions that don't matter
Go for different color on that $20 brighter.
Go bigger!!!

The $20 chip wants to be brighter but the set wants it to be darker for balance. I discarded this attempt at brightening a little while ago. I wonder if Tina can print an in-between color.

Screen Shot 2023-07-30 at 1.42.27 PM.png

Are you thinking 43mm?

I must have missed the dimensions for the 39mm cards mold somewhere. Can someone help me out? TYIA

For Inkscape (or other non-Adobe users) searching through the thread in the future, the dimension for the 39mm chip from the Aces file:

3.5mmx122.522mm edge strip
39mm chip width
22.225mm inlay width

It's surprising that the 39mm has a thicker edge.

---

The other PDF had a 25mm inlay width, so I decided to measure a chip. Looks like the ring is about 25.5mm wide. 24mm to 25mm width inlays should be pretty safe.

tempImagecex0nF.jpg

Last edited:
It's supposed to resemble gold/light orange. Is this a contrast concern or a printing concern? I wanted the eyes to be drawn to the denomination, then "Motif", then "Beach Club" and was using the color to help.

Bolder incoming in the next version, thanks for the callout.

The $20 chip wants to be brighter but the set wants it to be darker for balance. I discarded this attempt at brightening a little while ago. I wonder if Tina can print an in-between color.

View attachment 1171766

Are you thinking 43mm?
43mm also Humans can recognize the most individual shades of green compared to other colors. MAKE THE BIG CHIPS POP.

Personally, I think there is not enough contrast.
And for printing, not necessarily, you'll have to pay attention when creating the prototypes and adjust if needed.

My order is in with Tina and they are finalizing the chips to ship out on Monday.

There are definitely colors they will NOT print. I wasn’t told about it until after they had already made all of my chips, which was kinda a bummer.

I was told that they have a hard time with shades of teal, between blue and green.

I would definitely start with the color wheel colors, get the cmyk colors, and ask Tina ahead of time if colors in your design will be problematic. I think they like to stick with colors they’ve printed before and not really anything new.

25mm for cards/diamond mold. 25.8mm for no mold.

You will need an Illustrator file with the chip face and rolling edge graphics. You can supply them together or separate. You can dm me if you’d like.
MrRossKeys, I tried to send you a private message but I'm a new member. I wanted to do an order with Tina (I had a friend get me onto this forum) I am finding it difficult to know where to start with making the custom design. I have checked out the Chip designer program on this sight but it seems focused on Paulson. Any guidance and help would be great. My mate order some chips through Tina but not custom. I am hoping to get my Poker rooms name put on them with a few other little details. Cheers

MrRossKeys, I tried to send you a private message but I'm a new member. I wanted to do an order with Tina (I had a friend get me onto this forum) I am finding it difficult to know where to start with making the custom design. I have checked out the Chip designer program on this sight but it seems focused on Paulson. Any guidance and help would be great. My mate order some chips through Tina but not custom. I am hoping to get my Poker rooms name put on them with a few other little details. Cheers
The Paulson and CPC design tools are good for ideation but you need to turn them into vectors that Tina can print.

If you want to hire a designer, there's some listed in the first post here- you can PM or make a thread in classifieds or custom poker section.

If you want to try it yourself, you can start with this file in Illustrator or another vector editing program:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...r-consolidated-info-thread.65544/post-1303539

Depending on the size of your order and your timeline, you might save by going through @justincarothers 's group buy, since shipping from China is $$$:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/no-mold-group-buy-september-2023-customs-welcome.108597/

Welcome to PCF! If you are not handy with Adobe Illustrator or other graphics programs, you may want to hire a designer. I know that might sound expensive, but we have quite a few guys here that will put your custom design into the proper format for Tina to print, and they are really quite reasonable with what they charge. Several of them are listed in the first post in this thread, and others have posted designs throughout this thread.

They will help make your chipping dreams come true! Good luck.

Welcome to PCF! If you are not handy with Adobe Illustrator or other graphics programs, you may want to hire a designer. I know that might sound expensive, but we have quite a few guys here that will put your custom design into the proper format for Tina to print, and they are really quite reasonable with what they charge. Several of them are listed in the first post in this thread, and others have posted designs throughout this thread.

They will help make your chipping dreams come true! Good luck.
Ohhh amazing, I will contact one of the designers that sounds like a much more realistic for my skill level haha.

Can I just confirm, once you have completed the design do you buy direct through AliExpress or do you email Tina direct?

Cheers for all the help mate.

I have a question.
What is a ballpark on the cost of someone doing a design for you? I’m sure different people charge different amounts, but just looking for a rough idea what it may cost.
Say a cash and tournament set, say 5 or 6 chips in each?
Thanks
Memphis

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom