GB Completed Cards Mold Group Buy (Rap1) - It is on... [CLOSED to new orders] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in for 850 if there is room, I have a custom design that is ready to go minus some final labeling for side a/side b and accurate quantities.
chips.png

This group buy is now closed to new orders.

Thank you for everyone for your interest.

Does anyone know a rack that provides a perfect fit for these chips?

Is everyone paid up?
Missing one payment. This should get sent to Tina in the next day or two. All designs are being reviewed one last time by a cards mold expert to make sure they all meet Tina's expectations. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again everyone for being part of this group buy.

Oh hey, just FYI I have a shipment of 20,000 chips (my wife is going to be psyched for that surprise!) arriving at my door tomorrow from a small private GB I did. Just to set expectations, shipping will be 7 weeks exactly from when Tina sent me the tracking to the time they arrive at my door tomorrow.

Just quick update of where we are...
Tina is working on getting samples made for each design in our group buy. I believe there was a holiday in China recently that slowed the process a little. She has sent sample images for three designs so far (all three designs are designs others have used in previous purchases from Tina). As soon as she sends me an image of samples, I will send the image(s) to the appropriate person in this group buy shortly after I get them from her. I am checking my email once (or more) every hour I am awake to see if she has sent anything.

Sorry I do not have any more to report right now.

Just quick update of where we are...
Tina is working on getting samples made for each design in our group buy. I believe there was a holiday in China recently that slowed the process a little. She has sent sample images for three designs so far (all three designs are designs others have used in previous purchases from Tina). As soon as she sends me an image of samples, I will send the image(s) to the appropriate person in this group buy shortly after I get them from her. I am checking my email once (or more) every hour I am awake to see if she has sent anything.

Sorry I do not have any more to report right now.
fall festival

Nothing new to report right now. China is in a weeklong holiday right now (October 1-7) called Golden Week. As soon as I hear something from her, I will post here.

FWIW I was drinking beers and watching football yesterday with a buddy who is a long time mechanical engineer who works building the physical components for large electronic goods companies and is usually one of the key liaisons between the company and the production in China. He has been going back and forth between Shenzhen and Dongguan for decades. and has a good idea of what is going on over there even though he himself and his counterparts have not gone over in quite a while. He said that the government is forcing unannounced blackouts in the industrial sector 2-3 days week for the most part unscheduled (on maybe 2 days notice). The office workers continue communication during these periods, but production gets shut down during these periods. He said they aren't being very forthcoming about it, but they have several indicators and when pressed has gotten some info from some of the suppliers/manufacturers. He also said that while it is certainly not spoken of, the government shuts everyone down completely for a couple weeks at a time every time Covid spikes up a bit. This has also caused major issues for them and has completely blown up their ability to plan around production.

Just thought it was interesting and might also contribute to long turnaround times at the moment.

Last edited:
Tina let me know a short time ago that she was working on the last five designs (out of the 13 designs) for our order. She stated that she is hopeful to have our order completed next week. I am not going to hold my breath that our order will be completed next week but I will hold out hope that is does. As soon as she sends me a sample of any of the remaining five designs, I will forward it to the appropriate person right away.

@Chipandchair, @jrs146, @Pinesol13, @cmoon, and @Firmat be on the lookout over the next several days for a DM from me with a sample image of your chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom