Cardroom Logo (1 Viewer)

I think you really want to consider the application here and may need to use a couple variants. If this were on a screen or large format like a poker table I would prefer the slighter separations. But If you are going to use this on a chip inlay you will completely loose that small separation and therefor would go for the wider separation.

Sorry I never got back to you via PM on this topic btw

I like this for larger formats

D34D6037-682A-4F40-8993-5F83D2753946.png

But something like this for a chip inlay (I would print it out at scale and see how it looks)

DE6FF313-4319-4A5A-9529-CA764BDCF7A0.png

This is my favorite so far. Really makes the 2 stand out without changing too much or obscuring the 6.
+1 on this, keeps the cleanliness of the shape; I like Ben’s idea too, but this one keeps everything in just one figure/logo

Last edited:
I think you really want to consider the application here and may need to use a couple variants. If this were on a screen or large format like a poker table I would prefer the slighter separations. But If you are going to use this on a chip inlay you will completely loose that small separation and therefor would go for the wider separation.

I like this for larger formats

View attachment 638671

But something like this for a chip inlay (I would print it out at scale and see how it looks)

View attachment 638672
For different sizes, you can just make the shadow larger or smaller.
Good ideas. Great design with the drop shadow. For myself, I like a smaller shadow, especially on a larger image.

62i.jpg

You think it be tough for the 6-2 using the shadows to show well on a label?

The best way to test this out is to print out a 7/8 or 1" label (whatever your preference may be) and hold it out in front of you. Or reach out to @Gear and get some sample labels with the logo on it.

Can see the appeal of the logo, but id like to see what other other options where considered.

Im going to download them all from the correspondence with the designer and I’ll post them here. Some looked ok and some were just a complete miss. I’ll upload shortly.

The best way to test this out is to print out a 7/8 or 1" label (whatever your preference may be) and hold it out in front of you. Or reach out to @Gear and get some sample labels with the logo on it.

Going to do that and see what it looks like on a print out of that size.

No worries at all Evan. I know everybody has stuff going on. I also didn't want to bug you any further until I saw something that was much closer to what I wanted then start fine tuning it from there. I'll PM you and hopefully get it really dialed in.

Im going to download them all from the correspondence with the designer and I’ll post them here. Some looked ok and some were just a complete miss. I’ll upload shortly.
Im just curious what other ways "6" "2" can be represented as you already have the words in the image. Not sure if there is another creative / abstract way that you like or could like.

maybe a sick goose? because the bloke with the aces called you that or thought he heard that because his brain couldnt register that you had six deuce.

Im just spit balling ideas here.

I'm also not really into the logos with SD over the name. Perhaps it's the bad side of my brain but I almost feel like people will correlate SD with "Suck D***" hahaha

there are few in there that i personaly prefer.

i liked this one. im no designer per se but i think with the right colours / shades you could incorporate a 6 and a 2 to make up the spade. maybe that was already the idea.

I did a crude mockup using my note 9.

Hope that helps explain what im thinking

Screenshot_20210219-080719_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I kind of liked this idea. Not sure why. A bit more work on it and could be sweet.

1613684554609.png

That’s hilarious hahaha Tempting to switch up the overall theme to playful rather than serious and elegant
That's the direction I always end up going. I'm just a dude in my basement playing poker and serving hotdog sandwiches. The idea of it being some serious card room is rather silly.

That said, I do like the 6d concept in this image:
C2.jpg

So I went ahead and printed on a scale that would fit on a label to see if the shadow wasn't as clear, and it wasn't. For some reason I thought it would be just from looking at a larger image but when on a small label, seems like it would be best to avoid shadows to define certain parts of the logo.

I kind of liked this idea. Not sure why. A bit more work on it and could be sweet.

View attachment 638976

I told him to try and make the curve of the 2 to match the curve of the 6, but didn't work. I think the circular part of the 6 has to be made smaller so both curved portions are symmetrical. RIght now it looks like the 2 got bent while being placed on the 6 lol

That's the direction I always end up going. I'm just a dude in my basement playing poker and serving hotdog sandwiches. The idea of it being some serious card room is rather silly.

That said, I do like the 6d concept in this image:
View attachment 638981
ahhhh. its a 6 and a d. totally didnt see that. it might work better if the top of the d extends above the 6 instead of the other way around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom