CANCELLED: Group buy interest thread: Gemaco Superflex playing cards (1 Viewer)

$33.95 for small
$66.50 for medium

A small flat rate will fit 4 x 2-deck setups. (8 decks of cards).

A medium flat rate will fit 24 x 2-deck setups (48 decks of cards).

Thanks Dennis, maybe this info should be added to the OP? USPS is always cheapest to the UK, and even when the option is not selected, you get tracking too.

Do you have any objections to me/another member organising a mini GB within a GB for the UK/France (I'm there fairly regularly also) - it could result in a significant price break if we fill a medium flat rate box?

4 x C for me pls

@Toby, would you be interested in the above, or have you only ordered 4 decks to get best value from postage etc?

My order is for minimum of :

4 x C

Edit - Where are my manners?! Thanks for this opportunity Dennis. You are a great asset to this site, with values, attitude and offerings that epitomise this community. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanks Dennis, maybe this info should be added to the OP? USPS is always cheapest to the UK, and even when the option is not selected, you get tracking too.

Do you have any objections to me/another member organising a mini GB within a GB for the UK/France (I'm there fairly regularly also) - it could result in a significant price break if we fill a medium flat rate box?

@Toby, would you be interested in the above, or have you only ordered 4 decks to get best value from postage etc?

4 x C

I was going with 4 setups to get the best out of the shipping. Happy to go mini GB if there's sufficient interest

@hod If european mini GB happens, and it reduces the shipping costs, then I would be in with 3 x B.

4 x C

Edit - Where are my manners?! Thanks for this opportunity Dennis. You are a great asset to this site, with values, attitude and offerings that epitomise this community. Thanks again!

Sorry for the overnight delay while I was asleep.

Organizing a mini-group buy is no problem, but it does present some new questions:

• Who is buying through the group buy?
  • Do they order with the mini-group buy organizer, or post here? (Get this wrong and I'll end up with a lot of extra cards.)
  • Where do I send the orders for members in Europe who have already posted their order? To the single contact, or to the member directly?

The easiest would be for the member to order through a PM to an organizer without posting numbers here. Then just post, "My order is combined with hod's order" to let us know you got in on these and didn't miss out. Don't post the numbers you got. That could get confusing, depending on how it's phrased. Then hod would post the big order numbers here for all the setups in the mini-group buy, and they all get shipped to him in one box.

About no shipping costs posted in the OP:

I don't have these cards yet, so I really don't know the shipping weight or outer package dimensions. So what if four setups won't fit in a small flat rate box? (Those boxes are really much smaller than people think,) How can I tell you the shipping price if it involves buying larger boxes, weighing them and paying a rate other than the flat rate?

I know everyone wants to know exactly how much it will cost to ship to them.

On that subject, I must be blunt, so my apologies in advance:

I can't guarantee the exact shipping cost of the card setups to every destination in the world before I see if they'll fit in the box. That's a sure way for me to lose $1,000 or more, like I did in every single group buy I ran on CT. (I think there were six of them,)

Please remember that we will be getting these setups for $10 each or less. They sell for $23.95 to $25.50 each.

Last edited:
my order is 4 x E

and as always Dennis, you are a gentleman for doing this. ty

Sorry for the overnight delay while I was asleep.

Organizing a mini-group buy is no problem, but it does present some new questions:

• Who is buying through the group buy?
  • Do they order with the mini-group buy organizer, or post here? (Get this wrong and I'll end up with a lot of extra cards.)
  • Where do I send the orders for members in Europe who have already posted their order? To the single contact, or to the member directly?

The easiest would be for the member to order through a PM to an organizer without posting numbers here. Then just post, "My order is combined with hod's order" to let us know you got in on these and didn't miss out. Don't post the numbers you got. That could get confusing, depending on how it's phrased. Then hod would post the big order numbers here for all the setups in the mini-group buy, and they all get shipped to him in one box.

About no shipping costs posted in the OP:

I don't have these cards yet, so I really don't know the shipping weight or outer package dimensions. So what if four setups won't fit in a small flat rate box? (Those boxes are really much smaller than people think,) How can I tell you the shipping price if it involves buying larger boxes, weighing them and paying a rate other than the flat rate?

I know everyone wants to know exactly how much it will cost to ship to them.

On that subject, I must be blunt, so my apologies in advance:

I can't guarantee the exact shipping cost of the card setups to every destination in the world before I see if they'll fit in the box. That's a sure way for me to lose $1,000 or more, like I did in every single group buy I ran on CT. (I think there were six of them,)

Please remember that we will be getting these setups for $10 each or less. They sell for $23.95 to $25.50 each.

The mini GB would only be for UK/French as onward international postage from the UK to other European countries would be as much as from the USA, which results in no savings (sorry @Puggy, I checked been before you had posted!).

I get your point that you can't confirm shipping & totally get your point re how good the deal is anyway! I have no idea if there is any demand beyond myself and Toby anyhow so this may all be a moot point. And in answer to your questions, I would be a sole point of contact, ordering, payment and delivery so you have no additional risk or hassle.

Apologies for cluttering up the thread!

My order is for 2 x C - thanks Dennis!

The mini GB would only be for UK/French as onward international postage from the UK to other European countries would be as much as from the USA, which results in no savings (sorry @Puggy, I checked been before you had posted!).

I get your point that you can't confirm shipping & totally get your point re how good the deal is anyway! I have no idea if there is any demand beyond myself and Toby anyhow so this may all be a moot point. And in answer to your questions, I would be a sole point of contact, ordering, payment and delivery so you have no additional risk or hassle.

Apologies for cluttering up the thread!

I'm not so sure about this. How recently have you sent packages around Europe?

I did some recently for cat samples and it was the same price to send to France, Poland and Austria.

I just looked up the same package size/weight for Norway and the price was the same...

CHANGE OF STATUS:
THIS GROUP BUY IS CANCELLED AND CLOSED

WHAT HAPPENED:

The short version: Kardwell International has (officially) withdrawn their original offer to discount the setups to $10 or less. They have said that when we spoke yesterday about "setups," they gave me the price "per deck" "because that's how we buy them."

This morning, I e-mailed Joe Kardwell at Kardwell International to confirm that the price per setup would be consistent through the order if we got over 100 setups. (In other words, we didn't need to get 100 of a single style, like 100 x A.)

The response came in on Joe's e-mail and was signed by Nancy.

She said:

"Hello, The cost for the set-ups for 100 sets would be $15.50 per set. [bold added for emphasis.] Shipping is additional. You can mix the different types of Superflex we have available.
Sincerely, Nancy (T...) Kardwell International"

That's basically a bit better than they give the public for quantities over 50 setups ($18.25 per setup), so it appears to be quantity discount only.

I e-mailed noting that I had spoken with Joe Kardwell yesterday and he was quite clear about the price. The word "decks" was never mentioned in the conversation, as we were discussing "setups."

Here is the response from Nancy at Kardwell:

Hello, Dennis. I spoke with Joe and when he gave you the $10.00 or less he was thinking per deck price because that is how we buy them. The $15.50 per set of 2 decks is the best we can do. Shipping is additional. Sincerely, Nancy ,,,

Last edited:
torches.jpg

Dang it. :oops:

Well $10 per setup seemed almost to good to be true but that sucks. Communication is a dead art in the business world now days.

Thanks for the try Dennis! (y) :thumbsup:

From Dennis:

I am disappointed beyond words that Kardwell International has effectively withdrawn their offer to provide these setups for us at the price discussed with them. For them, it would have been a nice pre-paid sale to one person, who would have handled worldwide distribution after that.

I realize it may have been a true misunderstanding on their part. I want to assure each of you that I can think of nothing said (by either side) in our conversation that would have caused that. I've been doing this long enough to know that you say "setups" when you mean setups, and "decks" when you mean decks.

Meanwhile, it is also possible that they simply decided not to provide the cards at this price to me after taking a closer look at the deal they were offering, for whatever reason.

It boils down to this: We can't get the setups for $10 or less.

That would change the number I want to get pretty significantly. I suspect it would do the same for everyone, particularly the folks paying the absurd shipping costs.

Then, when we reduce the number we order, they'd increase the price per setup, and the process would start over again.

In the end, I think it's just not worth it.

I have the e-mail originals if anyone has any doubts about what happened.

Last edited:
Don't sweat it Dennis, I deal with that kind of bad communication in the business place all the time. Semantics mean a lot. I've never heard anyone refer to a single deck as a "setup". Setup is 2 decks, period.

Really appreciate your effort on this.

I didn't really need the cards but for $10/setup I couldn't pass of a great deal. Thanks for your time and effort, I just might have to buy some key west chips with the extra money I have now :)
Agreed, at $10/setup. I couldnt pass that up, although I definitely didnt need them

Where are my manners?

Thank you to everyone, everywhere in the world, who took part in this and lit up the thread from the first moment.

Thank you to BGinGA, whose expert knowledge, of these cards and other things, is always appreciated.

Thank you to David O, who pitched in with suggestions and support.

Still upset about this. These acknowledgements should have gone in the earlier post!

Where are my manners?

Thank you to everyone, everywhere in the world, who took part in this and lit up the thread from the first moment.

Thank you to BGinGA, whose expert knowledge, of these cards and other things, is always appreciated.

Thank you to David O, who pitched in with suggestions and support.

Still upset about this. These acknowledgements should have gone in the earlier post!

No, thanks for your effort - and I suppose at least it was cancelled at a relatively early stage. Now, onwards and upwards!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom