Can you have a BIN price on your auction (1 Viewer)

AK Chip

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I looked but couldn’t find an answer.

I would like to auction a set. My starting bid price is below my purchase price (willing to take a hit) but I’m not looking to profit. Can I place a BIN price at what I paid for the set?

@Tommy

I would like to auction a set. My starting bid price is below my purchase price (willing to take a hit) but I’m not looking to profit. Can I place a BIN price at what I paid for the set?
Why not make a regular listing with your BIN price with an OBO option?
I recommend what Karl says here or a Dutch Auction. I think the latter is the best of those three formats combined with what you're laying out intent-wise here. The price won't go above or below what you're comfortable with at any time, you run it as you see fit criteria-wise, and it's kind of fun. Also will go to someone who likely wants the chips and doesn't have to forget to set a timer to ensure it.

I've run a few but here's one for reference - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/now-a-dutch-auction-hsi-1as-2-mint-racks.89720/

Imo, no issue with running an auction with a BIN price, so long as a) it runs the full stated duration of time, and b) a randomly-selected interested buyer is chosen when more than one person wants the item at the BIN price (assuming nobody bids higher).

Putting a ceiling price on an auction can only provide good for the community, if done with those two conditions. Everybody still gets a fair shot, and the price is capped. Win-win.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom